AVS Forum banner

5261 - 5280 of 5293 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I also received an upgrade notification for my SR6011. The point is that I read in other forums that the Dolby Atmos up convertion from dts sources and dolby up convertion to DTS:X, now working, would be not working any more due to licensing issues.

To my taste, an up-conversion from any stereo or 5.1 format to Dolby Atmos works better than DTS:X in this Marantz model.

Can anyone confirm if this still available after upgrading?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I also received an upgrade notification for my SR6011. The point is that I read in other forums that the Dolby Atmos up convertion from dts sources and dolby up convertion to DTS:X, now working, would be not working any more due to licensing issues.

To my taste, an up-conversion from any stereo or 5.1 format to Dolby Atmos works better than DTS:X in this Marantz model.

Thanks!

Yes, it’s still available on my 7011.

Reactions: Barbazul

·
Premium Member
87,936 Posts

Thanks!
This is only in reference to the 2019 and newer models. No impact to older models.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Ok, this is killing me, I know there's a way with front panel controls to get the full firmware display with all the version info, but nothing in my notes or me flailing about on the thread has helped me find it.
Anyone able to remember and point me to the procedure?

What I see in the GUI display from the setup menu is version 6461-6148-8432-2565
I'm trying to figure out if my SR7011 got the latest version even though I never got a notice.

·
Premium Member
87,936 Posts
Ok, this is killing me, I know there's a way with front panel controls to get the full firmware display with all the version info, but nothing in my notes or me flailing about on the thread has helped me find it.

What I see in the GUI display from the setup menu is version 6461-6148-8432-2565
I'm trying to figure out if my SR7011 got the latest version even though I never got a notice.
Years ago, you used to be able to see this information by pressing the STATUS button on the front panel, but that is apparently no longer the case.

Bottom line, if the AVR indicates it has received the latest firmware version ... well, there ya go.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts

I'm trying to figure out if my SR7011 got the latest version even though I never got a notice .
https://www.us.marantz.com/us/Support/Pages/productupdates.aspx

Try this.
Firmware Version Check:
1. Put the SR7011 in Standby. Please make sure the Zones are powered off.
2. Press and hold DIMMER and STATUS on the front panel
3. Power on the SR7011 and allow 5 seconds for initialization
4. Release the DIMMER and STATUS buttons and then press the STATUS button on the front panel.
5. You will then see the firmware versions displayed on your TV or you can cycle through the different firmware versions from the unit’s display.
6. See the Firmware Version Chart below to match the current firmware versions

·
Registered
179 Posts
Everything just worked until I tried adding a second monitor this weekend. I want sound and picture to the 2nd monitor and I only need one monitor at a time. But I get nothing on the 2nd monitor. Tried Monitor 2 and Zone 2 HDMI outputs, nothing (no pic, no sound) regardless of which output I used.

Is there a magic setting I'm overlooking to allow 2nd monitor to take signals from the 7011??

I don't care if it simply a mirror of the 1st monitor or zone 2. But since I never set up zone 2, seems simpler to just set up as monitor 2.

Heres my stuff:

Marantz 7011
Monoprice premium certified hdmi
LG 65EF9500 OLED attached to Monitor 1 (4K UHd, 3D, early HDR model but no Dolby vision). Audio disabled on the LG OLED.
LG 49UF6400 LED: want to attach to Monitor 2 (or zone 2) which I use when I want to give my OLED a rest. I use the LED internal speakers for audio, 4K but I'm pretty sure it lacks HDR.

The LED operates fine when components, like Roku or Oppo are connected directly to the LED. But nothing happens (blank screen, no sound) when I plug it in via the premium certified hdmi cable to the Marantz Monitor 2 (or to zone 2 and turn on zone 2).

Any suggestions? Thought this would be no brainer but I can't find solutions in the manual.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Everything just worked until I tried adding a second monitor this weekend. I want sound and picture to the 2nd monitor and I only need one monitor at a time. But I get nothing on the 2nd monitor. Tried Monitor 2 and Zone 2 HDMI outputs, nothing (no pic, no sound) regardless of which output I used.

Is there a magic setting I'm overlooking to allow 2nd monitor to take signals from the 7011??

I don't care if it simply a mirror of the 1st monitor or zone 2. But since I never set up zone 2, seems simpler to just set up as monitor 2.

Heres my stuff:

Marantz 7011
Monoprice premium certified hdmi
LG 65EF9500 OLED attached to Monitor 1 (4K UHd, 3D, early HDR model but no Dolby vision). Audio disabled on the LG OLED.
LG 49UF6400 LED: want to attach to Monitor 2 (or zone 2) which I use when I want to give my OLED a rest. I use the LED internal speakers for audio, 4K but I'm pretty sure it lacks HDR.

The LED operates fine when components, like Roku or Oppo are connected directly to the LED. But nothing happens (blank screen, no sound) when I plug it in via the premium certified hdmi cable to the Marantz Monitor 2 (or to zone 2 and turn on zone 2).

Any suggestions? Thought this would be no brainer but I can't find solutions in the manual.
Hmm, after playing around with it more, I tried setting it up without turning on Monitor 1 (the Oled) and monitor 2 suddenly worked. Then I powered on the OLED, and monitor 2 went blank. I turned off monitor 2, then turned it back on, now I have mirrored image which is great. Strange. I'm suspecting hdmi handshake? Make sense? I though I had good hdmi cable but maybe need upgrade?

·
Premium Member
87,936 Posts
Hmm, after playing around with it more, I tried setting it up without turning on Monitor 1 (the Oled) and monitor 2 suddenly worked. Then I powered on the OLED, and monitor 2 went blank. I turned off monitor 2, then turned it back on, now I have mirrored image which is great. Strange. I'm suspecting hdmi handshake? Make sense? I though I had good hdmi cable but maybe need upgrade?
Consider setting the to either "Monitor 1" or "Monitor 2" vs. "Auto (Dual)" (p. 204 Owner's manual).

Also, (p. 199 Owner's manual) must be set to "TV" to also pass the audio to the TV speakers as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi.
I'm sorry, I know this has to be asked before, but I used the search option and can't find anything.
Can you use the 2 preamps in my NR1607 to use external amplification for my L and R? Or is it just for zone 2?
Thanks a lot.
Have a great day.

Enviado desde mi HMA-L29 mediante Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Consider setting the to either "Monitor 1" or "Monitor 2" vs. "Auto (Dual)" (p. 204 Owner's manual).

Also, (p. 199 Owner's manual) must be set to "TV" to also pass the audio to the TV speakers as well.
Yes, Auto Dual, would usually cause issues for me as well, with two video sources. It took a minute or two to figure things out :).

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello All!
I have a 6011 that I bought March 2017. I have inputs for my OPPO Blu-Ray, my Sony Z9, and my Directv.

About a year ago, the HDMI input for the Directv burned out. My other HDMIs worked great. After the Magnolia service tech checked everything out and consulted with Marantz, it was sent back to Marantz for a new motherboard. I was told that this happens on rare occasions where one HDMI input will burn out. The Marantz logo shows on the television and not switch to Directv.

Well, just yesterday (July 4), the Directv HDMI went out again. Again...the other two HDMI ports work.

Has anyone else had this problem with the Marantz receiver, where a port burns out not once...but twice in 3 years.

This is extremely frustrating and I am sure that this is not under warranty anymore. Any idea what the cost would be to replace this?

Thanks so much!!!

·
Premium Member
87,936 Posts
Hi.
I'm sorry, I know this has to be asked before, but I used the search option and can't find anything.
Can you use the 2 preamps in my NR1607 to use external amplification for my L and R? Or is it just for zone 2?
Thanks a lot.
Have a great day.

Enviado desde mi HMA-L29 mediante Tapatalk
Yes. The "NR" models feature both "Front L/R" and "Zone 2 L/R" pre-amp outputs for external amplification.

·
Premium Member
87,936 Posts
Hello All!
I have a 6011 that I bought March 2017. I have inputs for my OPPO Blu-Ray, my Sony Z9, and my Directv.

About a year ago, the HDMI input for the Directv burned out. My other HDMIs worked great. After the Magnolia service tech checked everything out and consulted with Marantz, it was sent back to Marantz for a new motherboard. I was told that this happens on rare occasions where one HDMI input will burn out. The Marantz logo shows on the television and not switch to Directv.

Well, just yesterday (July 4), the Directv HDMI went out again. Again...the other two HDMI ports work.

Has anyone else had this problem with the Marantz receiver, where a port burns out not once...but twice in 3 years.

This is extremely frustrating and I am sure that this is not under warranty anymore. Any idea what the cost would be to replace this?

Thanks so much!!!
When the same source causes the same issue, more than likely it's a result of a voltage surge from your DirecTV box.

Replacing an HDMI board generally costs about $400. If you purchased the AVR with a credit card, check to see if your card features an extended warranty benefit as many cards will add 1-2 extra years beyond the Marantz 3 year warranty.

I would also consider changing DirecTV models or at the very least passing it through a surge suppressor.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Enhanced HDMI signal on 1607?

Using a 1607 in my bedroom system w/ a Samsung Q8F (I think). I have no idea if/when its outputting 4k/HDR. With my 8805 and LG OLED in living room, the upper right corner of the screen will show when HDR has been activated. Also, I can go in and change the HDMI format to enhanced. With the 1607 I don't see that option? According to Marantz site, it should be there in the menus, but I don't see it anywhere. Does the 1607 just automatically output it correctly or is there something I'm missing?

·
Premium Member
87,936 Posts
Using a 1607 in my bedroom system w/ a Samsung Q8F (I think). I have no idea if/when its outputting 4k/HDR. With my 8805 and LG OLED in living room, the upper right corner of the screen will show when HDR has been activated. Also, I can go in and change the HDMI format to enhanced. With the 1607 I don't see that option? According to Marantz site, it should be there in the menus, but I don't see it anywhere. Does the 1607 just automatically output it correctly or is there something I'm missing?
The setting (Standard/Enhanced) is only available on the 2017 and newer models to include your 2018 AV8805; however, all HDMI 2.0 models (ie. 2015 - 2019) should pass through HDR.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
The setting (Standard/Enhanced) is only available on the 2017 and newer models to include your 2018 AV8805; however, all HDMI 2.0 models (ie. 2015 - 2019) should pass through HDR.
Ok, so its just doing it without alerting me/setting it up. Perfect, thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Popping Sound from speakers when Turning ON AVR.

Dear friends. I am using Marantz SR7011 for about a year now. From last few days when i power ON my AVR loud pop sound is heard from both L and R speakers. It really annoying. Can someone help me with this issue.Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5261 - 5280 of 5293 Posts