AVS Forum banner

5281 - 5300 of 5331 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
On the SR6011, is there an easy way to playback in 2.0 stereo mode? Direct and Pure Direct modes do 2.1. I have LFE+Mains so I could unplug the sub but there really should be a better way.

Also, is there any way to see what signal is being passed to the AVR when the source is TV Audio or in Pure Direct mode? The INFO button does not display anything on the screen in those two scenarios.

·
Premium Member
88,590 Posts
On the SR6011, is there an easy way to playback in 2.0 stereo mode? Direct and Pure Direct modes do 2.1. I have LFE+Mains so I could unplug the sub but there really should be a better way.

Also, is there any way to see what signal is being passed to the AVR when the source is TV Audio or in Pure Direct mode? The INFO button does not display anything on the screen in those two scenarios.
1. Select MOVE - STEREO or MUSIC - STEREO on the remote.
2. DIRECT/PURE DIRECT disable Audyssey and bass management so the sub is not active unless there is a LFE signal (ie. 0.1) or sub = LFE + MAIN.
3. The source video must pass through the AVR for the INFO menu to display. For the "TV Audio" source use the 2016 Marantz AVR Remote app.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Today my SR7011 is showing on the speaker output display only the TML and TMR as being active. This is regardless of the source - PCM stereo, DD multichannel etc. I'm sure I've seen this before and read about a solution but don't recall what it is and can't find any reference to this behaviour. Speakers are actually outputing correctly.

·
Premium Member
88,590 Posts
Today my SR7011 is showing on the speaker output display only the TML and TMR as being active. This is regardless of the source - PCM stereo, DD multichannel etc. I'm sure I've seen this before and read about a solution but don't recall what it is and can't find any reference to this behaviour. Speakers are actually outputing correctly.
Try doing a "soft reset" by powering off the AVR and unplugging the power cord for 10 minutes. If no joy, then refer to post 6 and do a microprocessor reset.

·
Registered
743 Posts
So lately I've been messing with the "Subwoofer Level Adjust" function, and while I can fine tune this for music to make it sound much better, normal TV viewing sounds far too bassy for my likes, and is even bothersome to those in the room above the viewing room.

Subwoofer Lvl Adj isn't input specific as far as I can tell. Do others have this problem (music sounds great, but movies and tv are too bassy)? Is there a work-around? Do I need to mess with the "Low Frequency Effects" function?

TYIA

·
Premium Member
88,590 Posts
So lately I've been messing with the "Subwoofer Level Adjust" function, and while I can fine tune this for music to make it sound much better, normal TV viewing sounds far too bassy for my likes, and is even bothersome to those in the room above the viewing room.

Subwoofer Lvl Adj isn't input specific as far as I can tell. Do others have this problem (music sounds great, but movies and tv are too bassy)? Is there a work-around? Do I need to mess with the "Low Frequency Effects" function?

TYIA
First you need to understand what the SLA setting is doing and why it's NOT recommended for use:

Subwoofer Level Adjust (SLA) - This setting should ideally be linked to the Manual Setup - Levels - Test Tones (Subwoofer); however, is not linked, such that if your sub is set to -6db in Manual Setup and you set the SLA setting to ON (without modifying the factory default setting of 0db), the sub volume level will be increased to 0db, so in other words, in this instance doing so would increase the volume by +6db (-6db --> 0db). Much better to use either the Manual Setup - Levels - Test Tones - Subwoofer for a global change to all sources or the Option - Channel Level Adjust - Subwoofer for a change to that specific source only. Note the Dialog Level Adjust acts the same way when adjusting the volume of the center speaker, so again, use the Test Tone - Center setting instead when you want to raise/lower the center speaker volume level for all sources.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Audyssey refresher...?

In saying that (see above), @jdsmoothie , what's the best way to refresh my brain on the 7011's Audyssey process? The manual, or is there a more straight-forward guide in this thread or on the internet perhaps?

Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
First you need to understand what the SLA setting is doing and why it's NOT recommended for use:

Subwoofer Level Adjust (SLA) - This setting should ideally be linked to the Manual Setup - Levels - Test Tones (Subwoofer); however, is not linked, such that if your sub is set to -6db in Manual Setup and you set the SLA setting to ON (without modifying the factory default setting of 0db), the sub volume level will be increased to 0db, so in other words, in this instance doing so would increase the volume by +6db (-6db --> 0db). Much better to use either the Manual Setup - Levels - Test Tones - Subwoofer for a global change to all sources or the Option - Channel Level Adjust - Subwoofer for a change to that specific source only. Note the Dialog Level Adjust acts the same way when adjusting the volume of the center speaker, so again, use the Test Tone - Center setting instead when you want to raise/lower the center speaker volume level for all sources.
If I want to use the "Option - Channel Level Adjust - Subwoofer" option to change the subwoofer output for one specific input do i just lower it by the desired amount (in this case 3dbs) or do I set it to the desired setting like it would be in the main setting for subwoofer level? The scale looks to be -12 to +12 much like the standard area for setting levels globally. I currently have my global setting at -5db (bumped up 6 from the -11 audyssey came up with). I want to bump that down to what would be -8 for one input.

·
Premium Member
88,590 Posts
If I want to use the "Option - Channel Level Adjust - Subwoofer" option to change the subwoofer output for one specific input do i just lower it by the desired amount (in this case 3dbs) or do I set it to the desired setting like it would be in the main setting for subwoofer level? The scale looks to be -12 to +12 much like the standard area for setting levels globally. I currently have my global setting at -5db (bumped up 6 from the -11 audyssey came up with). I want to bump that down to what would be -8 for one input.
The former in bold.

·
Premium Member
88,590 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Today the Marantz 7011 received an update. Didn’t see an update in post 15 though, so I don’t know what’s changed or added.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Me thinks it's a HEOS only functionality upgrade. The App itself upgraded on Google Store just yesterday.
On a side note, lately I checked Tidal Dolby Atmos from Shield and FireTv, didn't use Tidal from Heos App. Is it still available in Europe? I see Tidal advertised from Heos only in the Americas!
And Atmos from Heos' Tidal was not working, when I last checked beginning of July.
Regards
Alessandro

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
I have a Marantz SR6011 AVR. I've just picked up a Rotel RDA-980 AC3-RF Demodulator/Decoder for laserdiscs. It demodulated, decodes, and outputs over 5.1 analog. I know Audyssey room correction won't be applied to the 7.1 analog input on my AVR... but what about basic processing like speaker level, speaker distance, and bass management? The Rotel has basic Small/Large settings for bass management and delay settings (in milliseconds) for the center/surrounds, but no level correction. I'm hoping, at the very least, speaker level correction is still applied to the 7.1 analog input... and hoping that speaker distance and basic bass management are as well.

Anyone know for sure? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thinking about selling my SR6011 and upgrade to the SR8015. Any idea how I should price the 6011? I paid over $1100 new and it still functions as new.

Tried searching the used market and couldn't find anything to get a realistic idea.

·
Premium Member
88,590 Posts
Thinking about selling my SR6011 and upgrade to the SR8015. Any idea how I should price the 6011? I paid over $1100 new and it still functions as new.

Tried searching the used market and couldn't find anything to get a realistic idea.
Start with $700 on the forum's Classified section and go from there.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for confirming my thoughts on it.
I bought my SR6011 from a local seller last month who listed it at $650 (but missing the cal mic). He was moving soon so I ended up getting it for much less than that but I just wanted to provide a reference point for you. Hopefully you can find a local buyer to avoid the hassle of shipping.

5281 - 5300 of 5331 Posts