AVS Forum banner

5401 - 5420 of 5454 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Update-I sent the NR1607 in for repair last week and ordered an AVR-S950H to replace it, must say the Denon works better for me than the Marantz does. The 90 watts per channel vs. 50 watts helps out. As soon as the NR1607 comes back it's going up on craigslist. The shipping only cost me $23 instead of the $50-60 I was expecting.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I just acquired a used Marantz SR7011 unit for $25. Cosmetically, the unit is in OK condition. I only tested playing the HD Radio with a pair of speakers and the unit is working fine.

However, I noticed a couple things not working.
1. The Main display is not working. The light around the circle is working, but nothing is displayed in the main display. However, the sub-display in the hidden door is working fine.
2. I can't seem to get the Network setup to work. I'm getting the "Please Wait" message for an extended time and no IP address is assigned to the unit. I have confirmed that the port on the switch is showing some activity. I did a "show arp" on the switch and I don't see a DHCP address assigned to the switch port.

I really need to get Issue #2 working because I plan to control the unit with Control4 using IP control.

I have tried all the factory reset options in Post #6 and both issues are still not resolved.

Please recommend what I can try next. In addition, can the firmware be reloaded via the serial connection?

FYI.. I do not have a remote for the unit.

The firmware version is 3.90.35.00

·
Premium Member
91,256 Posts
I just acquired a used Marantz SR7011 unit for $25. Cosmetically, the unit is in OK condition. I only tested playing the HD Radio with a pair of speakers and the unit is working fine.

However, I noticed a couple things not working.
1. The Main display is not working. The light around the circle is working, but nothing is displayed in the main display. However, the sub-display in the hidden door is working fine.
2. I can't seem to get the Network setup to work. I'm getting the "Please Wait" message for an extended time and no IP address is assigned to the unit. I have confirmed that the port on the switch is showing some activity. I did a "show arp" on the switch and I don't see a DHCP address assigned to the switch port.

View attachment 3080498

I really need to get Issue #2 working because I plan to control the unit with Control4 using IP control.

I have tried all the factory reset options in Post #6 and both issues are still not resolved.

Please recommend what I can try next. In addition, can the firmware be reloaded via the serial connection?

FYI.. I do not have a remote for the unit.

The firmware version is 3.90.35.00

Try doing each of the microprocessor and network resets at least 5-10 times in a row.

If still no joy ... well ... now you know why it was only $25. :(

·
Registered
418 Posts
Try doing each of the microprocessor and network resets at least 5-10 times in a row.

If still no joy ... well ... now you know why it was only $25. :(
Where can I download the latest firmware? In addition, can the firmware be installed via the USB port? Please advise.

·
Registered
418 Posts
One more thing.. In Post #6, you have the following steps for a Microprocessor reset....

(2) Microprocessor reset. Also known as the factory reset.
Turn OFF the unit
Turn ON the unit and simultaneously press the GAME and A-DSX buttons.
Wait until the display shows "Initialized", then release the two buttons.

Based on my research the factory reset for a SR7011 is ...

Turn OFF the unit
Turn ON the unit and simultaneously press the GAME and INFOR buttons.

Can you please confirm...

·
Premium Member
91,256 Posts
Where can I download the latest firmware? In addition, can the firmware be installed via the USB port? Please advise.
Marantz no longer provides the firmware updates for download on their website; however, the SAVE & LOAD feature was firmware updated to the SR7011 (only) in April 2017 which will allow you to LOAD an older firmware version if you can obtain it elsewhere.

One more thing.. In Post #6, you have the following steps for a Microprocessor reset....

(2) Microprocessor reset. Also known as the factory reset.
Turn OFF the unit
Turn ON the unit and simultaneously press the GAME and A-DSX buttons.

Based on my research the factory reset for a SR7011 is ...
Turn OFF the unit
Turn ON the unit and simultaneously press the GAME and INFOR buttons.

Can you please confirm...
Pressing the GAME and INFO buttons is correct; however, post #6 is not my post and therefore not something I can edit.

·
Registered
418 Posts
It looks like my issues are firmware related. I got a hold of the Service Manual for a SR7011. I was able to get into the "Version Display Mode" and it is displaying "FIRM ERROR". The FIRM PACAKGE version is "0000".

So, I really need to flash the unit with a new version of the firmware.

Please PM me if you have the firmware.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Can someone confirm where the firmware is stored on a SR7011 unit. Is it stored in the network module that is connected on the HDMI board?

If yes, if I purchase a new network module and get the network connection working, will it allow me to install firmware?

I believe my unit has bad firmware loaded and I'm unable to get the network working and couple of other things.

·
Premium Member
91,256 Posts
Can someone confirm where the firmware is stored on a SR7011 unit. Is it stored in the network module that is connected on the HDMI board?

If yes, if I purchase a new network module and get the network connection working, will it allow me to install firmware?

I believe my unit has bad firmware loaded and I'm unable to get the network working and couple of other things.
Have you referred to post #6 to do a "Network Reset"?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Atmos as a speaker setting is only needed for upfiring speakers, when the speaker is in a height location it is referred to as a height speaker and Atmos will utilize that.
This isn’t correct. Down firing in-ceiling speakers are Atmos or immersion. Height are wall mounted period. If they are sitting on top of mains and reflecting off of the ceiling they “usually” sound best as Atmos or immersion.

·
Premium Member
91,256 Posts
This isn’t correct. Down firing in-ceiling speakers are Atmos or immersion. Height are wall mounted period. If they are sitting on top of mains and reflecting off of the ceiling they “usually” sound best as Atmos or immersion.
Configuring speakers as "Height" doesn't mean they have to be wall mounted, DTS:X/DTS Neural:X make better use of the speakers when configured as "Height" and for those of us who prefer DTS:X/DTS Neural:X over Atmos/Dolby Surround, our in-ceiling speakers are configured as "Height."

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi guys

I own a Marantz SR6011, and so far so good after 3 years feeding a nice 7.1.2 setup.

And recently I noticed this weird issue, well, tech guys at Marantz don´t even know if this an issue because nobody reported something like this before, at least in Spain.

Thing is, when switching audio tracks, it doesn´t matter the source (internal streaming app on the TV-ARC, UHD player on one of the Marantz HDMI inputs), I heard this click on the back on the Marantz.

It is not like the pop you hear when turning on and off the AVR, it is just a click, sometime I was able to hear it twice (On D+ tv app, when switching from Spanish DD+ audio to English DD+ Atmos)

It only happen under those conditions, and when you try to fast forward a certain content, then press play again, right before the sound comes back the click is there.

The Marantz is well positioned, doesn´t suffer from overheating, power source is fine…and everything else works flawlessly, it is that annoying sound.

Here is a small sample.

So did any of you guys experienced something like this? And if so, what was the solution?

·
Premium Member
91,256 Posts
Hi guys

I own a Marantz SR6011, and so far so good after 3 years feeding a nice 7.1.2 setup.

And recently I noticed this weird issue, well, tech guys at Marantz don´t even know if this an issue because nobody reported something like this before, at least in Spain.

Thing is, when switching audio tracks, it doesn´t matter the source (internal streaming app on the TV-ARC, UHD player on one of the Marantz HDMI inputs), I heard this click on the back on the Marantz.

It is not like the pop you hear when turning on and off the AVR, it is just a click, sometime I was able to hear it twice (On D+ tv app, when switching from Spanish DD+ audio to English DD+ Atmos)

It only happen under those conditions, and when you try to fast forward a certain content, then press play again, right before the sound comes back the click is there.

The Marantz is well positioned, doesn´t suffer from overheating, power source is fine…and everything else works flawlessly, it is that annoying sound.

Here is a small sample.

So did any of you guys experienced something like this? And if so, what was the solution?
A click noise can sometimes be heard when the surround mode is changing. Nothing wrong there.

·
Registered
55 Posts
A click noise can sometimes be heard when the surround mode is changing. Nothing wrong there.
Yep, it had to be that.

I unplugged the height speakers, updated the amplifier settings and the click disappeared.

Strange thing is that i´ve been runnning 7.1.2 for months already, and never heard such click, i mean, i would have realized, i´m that kind of person.

Anyway, feel better now knowing is a normal behaviour, although a weird one.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Had a Sr5010 at the beginning of my HT story, doing that with a 5.1.2 setup. Was so involved in the sound I went for a 7010 and in a month changed for the 7011 I still own!

5401 - 5420 of 5454 Posts