·
Registered
324 Posts
something updated today

Reactions: vn800art

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, new here and registered because of a sudden problem with my SR7011.

All of the sudden I have no sound output.
The AAV has worked and (physical) setup was not changed, I also do the firmware updates manually because I want to control what to install when (I'm home).
So it's not a firmware related problem I guess.

Ofcourse I tried different sources and HDMI ports, also hooked up headphones as output and my telephone with M-jack to RCA as an analoge source, Radio or internet radio (HEOS) have also been tested.

I hear the multiple clicking of relays when the Main zone is powered up and the AAV gets warm during "on time" (I think this is telling me at least it provides current to the end stages?)
Settings are 100% correct and no shorts in speaker leads.

The first thing I tried was a FW update but this seems to be stuck in a loop, it keeps telling me there is a new version available but the version number under "information-firmware" does not change. (DTS version shows only zero's?)
I'm currently running 60F0-7148-8461-3085 (I'm in the EU, Netherlands).

Then I tried several general resets by holding Info and Game during startup until "Initialized" is showed.

For the sake of testing I hooked up two front speakers and also set-up the AV this way, I did however try different speakers and cables.
I went trough the tutorial in the initial setup and the initial speaker setup untill the AV should give a test signal (to check if you hooked up everything correctly).
At this moment the screen froze and I could not navigate to Yes or No (to awnser the question "Do you hear sound".).
I can cancel the setup by pressing "back" and went to manual setup of the speakers.

When I go to Setup --> Adjust "Levels" it should output noise, but this also freezes the screen and I cannot change the dB value displayed not navigate to front right speaker with the buttons (on AAV or remote).

I then did a firmware restore by holding the M-dax and Dynamic EQ buttons on power on
It reverted back to factory firmware succesfully and I again did a reset (game and info) but still the same problem.
After the factory FW I did an update and got the following:
  • ori fac. FW: 50F0-1885-7480-2083
  • update 1: No version is displayed...?!
  • Update 2: 6000-7148-8461-3085
  • Update 3: 6000-7148-8461-3085 (same as previous!)
  • Update 4: you guessed it.. same verion.
This keeps repeating indefenitly.

I have accessed the service menu (buttons Back and Zone Select + power), there are no protection warnings.
I am however still looking for the HDMI diagnostic mode / menu.

The unit is now 3 years old, and has operated a total of 1256 hours (1197H on time).

Is there anything else I can try?
Are there known common problems I can look at?

The unit is out of warrenty and was previously owned by my father who passed away so I do not want to ship it out to some repair centre if I don't really have to.

Thanks!
Sander.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Sorry to hear of Your problems with Sr7011.
Cannot tell You more than what follows.
In the numerous essays you have carried on is there also a microprocessor reset? Try seven, eight microprocessor reset in a row.
Let us know
Regards
Alessandro

·
Registered
842 Posts
I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts your hdmi board crapped out. I had a Marantz and a Denon receiver that did the exact thing yours did-hdmi board in both cases. Good luck

·
Registered
348 Posts
Why is the network connection on the 6011 such trash? I'm having a heck of a time getting it to connect to my phone to stream spotify. It seems like it's been worse lately. I have a Roku, and my phone connects to that no problemo. If I go to 'network setup' and scan for networks, I just get the spinning circle forever. Unplugging the AVR and restarting seems to do the trick sometimes, but I shouldn't have to constantly be doing this. SUPER annoying. Has anyone found a fix?

If I got a USB wifi adapter and plugged that into the AVR, would that work?

·
Premium Member
91,256 Posts
Why is the network connection on the 6011 such trash? I'm having a heck of a time getting it to connect to my phone to stream spotify. It seems like it's been worse lately. I have a Roku, and my phone connects to that no problemo. If I go to 'network setup' and scan for networks, I just get the spinning circle forever. Unplugging the AVR and restarting seems to do the trick sometimes, but I shouldn't have to constantly be doing this. SUPER annoying. Has anyone found a fix?

If I got a USB wifi adapter and plugged that into the AVR, would that work?
Is the AVR wired directly to the modem/router or connected wirelessly? If wirelessly, are both the phone and the AVR connected to the same band of the modem/router? What is the signal strength of the AVR connection? Have you referred to post #5 and completed a "Discrete Network Chip only" reset?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Is the AVR wired directly to the modem/router or connected wirelessly? If wirelessly, are both the phone and the AVR connected to the same band of the modem/router? What is the signal strength of the AVR connection? Have you referred to post #5 and completed a "Discrete Network Chip only" reset?
Thanks. It's connected via wifi, and phone and AVR are on the same network. The access point is about 6' away, so signal strength is very strong. I just read post #5, and did the discrete network reset. Seems to be working for now, so hopefully it continues. In the past when this has happened, I'd tried to re-setup the wifi, and it would just hang at the "scanning" screen. Now when I did it, it showed a list of available networks within a few seconds. I'll post back if it goes wonky again (y)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello all, I recently got a Philips Hue HDMI Sync Box.

The Sync Box has a Music option which syncs the lights to the audio stream (instead of the video image like normal).
In my setup the HDMI out from the 7011 goes to a Sync Box input, and the output of the Sync Box goes to my projector (Optoma UHD60, no ARC). But since I want the music coming out of my speakers, the audio out on the 7011 is set to AVR instead of HDMI, so the Sync Box gets no audio signal through HDMI. The Sync Box has HDMI connections only.

I know the solution is to put the Sync Box BEFORE the 7011, but I don't like the idea of using the Sync Box as the input switcher, plus the 7011 would no longer display the correct input - it would always use the same input coming from the Sync Box.
Is there some way around this? I basically want to send the audio signal to both the AVR and HDMI, which is not possible, AFAIK. Just wondering if there is something simple that could be done, or if I'm missing something.

·
Registered
342 Posts
10 minutes restart and network reset didn't work for me.

I tried formatting the USB drive to fat 16 with a 500 mb portion and tried usb firmware upgrade. It couldn't detect the drive.

Will reach out to marantz support as well in few hours.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
My 6011 got stuck in this firmware update loop.
Took it to a marantz authorization repair center. They had it for 2 months and couldn't get it fixed because of lack of parts from Marantz.

What are my options now? Is there any silver bullet fix that i can try now?. Looks like I paid partially with amex card and PayPal balance. I can get a partial refund..

The receiver was all working fine until I started trying the firmware upgrade. The repair technician was asking why in the world would u try to upgrade a firmware in a receiver. Never had such issues with a Yamaha aventage or Anthem.

·
Premium Member
91,256 Posts
My 6011 got stuck in this firmware update loop.
Took it to a marantz authorization repair center. They had it for 2 months and couldn't get it fixed because of lack of parts from Marantz.

What are my options now? Is there any silver bullet fix that i can try now?. Looks like I paid partially with amex card and PayPal balance. I can get a partial refund..

The receiver was all working fine until I started trying the firmware upgrade. The repair technician was asking why in the world would u try to upgrade a firmware in a receiver. Never had such issues with a Yamaha aventage or Anthem.

Prior to sending it to the repair, did you refer to post #5 of this thread and do a "Discrete Network Chip only" reset and/or a microprocessor reset? However, if the repair facility has indicated that specific parts are needed to repair it, most likely you're looking at purchasing a more current model. And lesson learned .. next time make your entire electronics purchases using just the credit card.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Hello all, I recently got a Philips Hue HDMI Sync Box.
This is one of the only threads on the subject, but it's worth bookmarking

But in general what you want to do won't work in the sync box unless you're willing to set the receiver to send sound to the speaker AND to the TV, and mute the TV, but IME that wasn't worth it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
But in general what you want to do won't work in the sync box unless you're willing to set the receiver to send sound to the speaker AND to the TV, and mute the TV, but IME that wasn't worth it.
Thanks, that's actually what I want to do - sound out to both the AVR and TV, but I don't think there is a way to do that on the SR7011. I can only select one or the other.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Prior to sending it to the repair, did you refer to post #5 of this thread and do a "Discrete Network Chip only" reset and/or a microprocessor reset? However, if the repair facility has indicated that specific parts are needed to repair it, most likely you're looking at purchasing a more current model. And lesson learned .. next time make your entire electronics purchases using just the credit card.
The front panel buttons looks like they dont take any effect with my Update retry issue.
I was able to connect to web interface by picking the ip address. Few things i found, my receiver is on version

SR 6011
Version
1461-0087
-DTS Version

When i go to firmware > Update the page gets stuck. When i visit firmware > web update, it allows me to to upload a firmware if i have.. Few months ago i found a firmware for 6011 with instructions how to update using USB, which never worked since USB wasnt detected. I tried packaging it to see if web update would pick it and it never worked.

Have you got any instructions to how to package a usb update for a web update.

Thank you all for the help.

·
Premium Member
91,256 Posts
The front panel buttons looks like they dont take any effect with my Update retry issue.
I was able to connect to web interface by picking the ip address. Few things i found, my receiver is on version

SR 6011
Version
1461-0087
-DTS Version

When i go to firmware > Update the page gets stuck. When i visit firmware > web update, it allows me to to upload a firmware if i have.. Few months ago i found a firmware for 6011 with instructions how to update using USB, which never worked since USB wasnt detected. I tried packaging it to see if web update would pick it and it never worked.

No clue what you mean by "packaging" a USB update. A firmware update downloaded from the Marantz website would simply work when the USB is inserted into the AVR's USB jack.

·
Registered
15,077 Posts

SR 6011
Version
1461-0087
-DTS Version

Some generic firmware update comments, not specific to your AVR:
Some brands of USB thumb drives simply don’t work.
Use as small a thumb drive as possible: 8 or 16 GB, if you can find one.
You might need to make sure the USB is formatted FAT32, not NTFS.
Make sure the thumb drive does not contain any files other than the firmware.

·
Registered
342 Posts
No clue what you mean by "packaging" a USB update. A firmware update downloaded from the Marantz website would simply work when the USB is inserted into the AVR's USB jack.
I downloaded this firmware for SR6011 from internet and dont remember the source where i got it from. Its been few months. This is a usb firmware that my receiver doesnt detect. When i tried to upload it through web interface, it doesnt seem to pick the version.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Does any have SR6011 USB / web update firmware for the receiver post 2018 version.?
Marantz customer service wasn't helpful here though.

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi!

I've owned the SR7011 for 3-4 years without issue but have started seeing some erratic behavior recently with one of them starting last night causing me to post this.

1)
Starting last night, when I turn on the receiver, there is a loud pop/feedback from what seems to be all my 7 connected speakers, and there is a heavily visible voltage drop on the ceiling light that's on the same circuit as the receiver. Prior to this issue starting, there was the standard receiver turn on click, and a faint flicker of the ceiling light (if switched on) that I came to expect as normal.

2)
When I turn the volume knob physically on the unit, no matter what direction I turn it, the volume changes in random directions. I read about this being somewhat standard wear-and-tear of the volume knob that can be fixed by a dusting so I haven't given it much attention. Just use the remote anyway.

3)
In my receiver setup, only one of the 'HDMI OUT' ports is in use - and it goes to a Sony TV (XBR75X900F). As an input, I have the Nvidia Shield Pro as my main streaming device.
Separately, I have a Sony Bluray Player (X700) with two HDMI out ports; the primary port goes directly to a Sony projector (VW715ES), and the secondary hdmi (audio) port goes to the receiver. Now, when I view content on my projector, the audio is routed through the receiver, but remember no video is being processed/passed through there. The problem is that I get frequent audio cutouts when watching movies. After a lot of trial and error, if found that if I disconnect my (powered off) TV from the receiver while I view the projector, the cutouts go away and everything works fine. I can't really figure out how to fix this. All sort of HDMI cec/control settings are turned off on all devices.

I was getting by with issues (2) and (3), but with (1) that started last night, I'm now thinking I need to get this looked at. Any advice?

5421 - 5440 of 5454 Posts