AVS Forum banner

1561 - 1580 of 5462 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I'm still wondering why the 2015 models aren't getting this Audyssey App support. Is it a hardware difference?

·
Registered
116 Posts
On a 6011 is the Dialog Level Adjust in the set up menu the same as Channel Level Adjust when you press option on the remote?
If it is the same which setting does the receiver uses?

·
Premium Member
91,452 Posts
On a 6011 is the Dialog Level Adjust in the set up menu the same as Channel Level Adjust when you press option on the remote?
If it is the same which setting does the receiver uses?
Dialog Level Adjust is nothing more than the center speaker volume adjustment; however, don't use it, rather instead if you want to change the center speaker volume:

Globally for all sources --> Speakers - Manual Setup - Levels - Test Tones - Center

One source only --> Option - Channel Level Adjust - Center

·
Registered
116 Posts
Dialog Level Adjust is nothing more than the center speaker volume adjustment; however, don't use it, rather instead if you want to change the center speaker volume:

Globally for all sources --> Speakers - Manual Setup - Levels - Test Tones - Center

One source only --> Channel Level Adjust - Center
I take it the above for Subwoofer Level Adjust?

·
Premium Member
91,452 Posts
I take it the above for Subwoofer Level Adjust?
Yes. Same applies for Subwoofer Level Adjust - don't use it.

Globally for all sources --> Speakers - Manual Setup - Levels - Test Tones - Subwoofer

One source only --> Option - Channel Level Adjust - Subwoofer

Subwoofer Level Adjust (SLA) - This setting should be linked to the Manual Setup - Levels - Test Tones (Subwoofer); however, is not linked, such that if your sub is set to -6db in Manual Setup and you set the SLA setting to ON (without modifying the factory default setting of 0db), the sub volume level will be increased to 0db, so in other words, in this instance doing so would increase the volume by +6db (-6db --> 0db). Much better to use either the Manual Setup - Test Tones - Subwoofer for a global change to all sources or the Option - Channel Level Adjust - Subwoofer for a change to that specific source only. Note the Dialog Level Adjust acts the same way when adjusting the volume of the center speaker, so again, use the Test Tone - Center setting instead when you want to raise/lower the center speaker volume level for all sources.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts

One source only --> Option - Channel Level Adjust - Center

Denon has a nice Center speaker feature, Dialog Enhancer
A great working feature i very much miss on the 7011 :mad:

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
This setting is only featured on the Denon X6300H and "flagship" D+M models, the X7200WA and AV8802A.

Strange that they have 2 flagship models of Denon with this feature, and only the 8802 for Marantz and not the flagship receiver 7011 :mad:
Hope they can do an update and get also the 7011 owners this nice feature........

·
Premium Member
91,452 Posts
Strange that they have 2 flagship models of Denon with this feature, and only the 8802 for Marantz and not the flagship receiver 7011 :mad:
Hope they can do an update and get also the 7011 owners this nice feature........
The "flagship" Denon/Marantz AVR is the X7200WA. Both it and the X6300H are higher level models (mfr'd in Japan as is the AV8802A) than the SR7011 which is simply the highest Marantz model, but not a flagship model. The SR7011 is the sister model to the X4300H.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Nice review of the 7011 in the latest print edition of Sound & Vision.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
The "flagship" Denon/Marantz AVR is the X7200WA. Both it and the X6300H are higher level models (mfr'd in Japan as is the AV8802A) than the SR7011 which is simply the highest Marantz model, but not a flagship model. The SR7011 is the sister model to the X4300H.

well, flagship or not, no higher receiver models then the 7011, so i would think they put this feature also in the 7011, not the lower Marantz (receiver) models.....

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Has anybody had any 4K pass through issues w/ their 7011? Sorry if this has been posted here (there's alot to skim through), but I have had this issue for quite some time.

When connecting the Oppo 203 or PS4 Pro, I only get audio and video if I connect to the front HDMI port....when either is connected to ANY HDMI port on the rear of the AVR, I lose picture and get the "no signal detected" on my Sony.

Marantz, Oppo, nor Sony has an answer - I have spent hours researching this and talking on the phone w/ all of them. I know its not a defective unit, because I swapped to the Denon 6300, and had the same issue. So I switched back to a different 7011, and have the same issue. All the gear is in a cabinet, so it's not a huge deal, but I always have the front panel open with a wire connected to it.

Any ideas? And yes, all firmware is up to date on all devices. I had thought about maybe shutting off some kind of upscaling on the Marantz, but not sure if that is possible? And I think I tried that when it first happened back in November.

Thanks!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm the new owner of the 6011. Today I replaced my old Sony and began the speaker calibrations. All worked out great, but I can't seem to figure out how to get sound when playing amazon movies? So can someone here help me resolve the no sound playing amazon movies? I can cut the AVR off and I'll get the sound thru the TV only.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm the new owner of the 6011. Today I replaced my old Sony and began the speaker calibrations. All worked out great, but I can't seem to figure out how to get sound when playing amazon movies? So can someone here help me resolve the no sound playing amazon movies? I can cut the AVR off and I'll get the sound thru the TV only.
switch to the input called "tv audio" that should fix it. usually the avr will auto switch to that input, but you might have to manually do it.

hope that works!

1561 - 1580 of 5462 Posts