AVS Forum banner

5261 - 5280 of 5377 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes. As noted on p. 21 Owner's manual, the SR5012 has a full set of 7.1 pre-outs; however, if you feel you must use an external amp for your speakers, you may be better served with the AV7704 instead.
I can find the SR5012 for $450 and the AV7704 is around $1200

·
Premium Member
87,946 Posts
I am currently working on a sr6012 that responds to the remote for most things but won't respond to the setup button.

It also has no sound right now over the tuner or analog inputs and HDMI isn't working...

I have tried both a network reset and factory reset and neither helped.

Has anyone else experienced the strange "no setup button" problem?

It also has no sound so it is likely a bad hdmi board but I am just trying to give it a once over before sending the board into united radio.

Strangely I can get into some of the settings on the android app.
I was able to update the firmware in the app but it didn't seem to help.

The app did not show it as having setup locked or being in demo mode.

-Rich
Try powering off the AVR and unplugging the power cord for 10 minutes. Then power it on doing at least 5-10 factory resets in a row, one right after the other. If still no joy, repair time.

·
Premium Member
87,946 Posts
Wasn't sure about the Pre-out, because the manual state the pre-out is for Zone 2
If you refer to p. 21 Owner's manual (and the image below), you'll note the "Pre-out" section consists of Zone 2 on the left side and main zone to the right of them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
87,946 Posts
On the NR1710, can you run Audyssey on just the subwoofer ?
Oops! Wrong thread as the NR1710 is a 2019 model and your post is in the 2017 thread.

That being said, Audyssey cannot be run on just the subwoofer on any Denon/Marantz model that features Audyssey; however, if you download the Audyssey MultEQ Editor app ($20, iOS/Android) after running Audyssey using the app, you can limit the range of the EQ curves for the speaker pairs in your setup.

·
Premium Member
87,946 Posts
Hope you are right
This is what through me off
The whole point of main zone pre-outs is to externally power the main zone speakers if desired. That whole column in your attachment refers only to Zone 2. The main zone pre-outs are always HOT. There is no ON/OFF setting for them. In fact some members run their primary 5.1 setup using the speaker posts and a second identical 5.1 setup in another room (same source playing) using the main zone pre-outs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The whole point of main zone pre-outs is to externally power the main zone speakers if desired. That whole column in your attachment refers only to Zone 2. The main zone pre-outs are always HOT. There is no ON/OFF setting for them. In fact some members run their primary 5.1 setup using the speaker posts and a second identical 5.1 setup in another room (same source playing) using the main zone pre-outs.
Appreciate the answer, that makes my decision easier

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello - does anyone have experience using the 'TV-grouping' function that is a part of the Heos system on the NR1608.
I'm struggling to get audio to play on other heos speakers via this method.
I've enabled the tv grouping function in the heos app for the NR1608 and then I group the speaker I want to play the tv sound to the NR1608. Audio comes from the NR1608 but not the speaker. I've also attemped to stream audio to the speaker without grouping by selecting an input (tried optical in and a HDMI input) on the NR1608 as music source for the remote speaker.
Are there format limitation on the NR1608 for HEOS streaming i.e. does the audio source have to be PCM (as opposed to multichannel?). Are there input limitation i.e. HDMI vs digitial vs analogue?

I also have the HEOS bar and I seem to be able to successfully 'tv group' for all formats - I've tested up to DTS-HD, so I'm very confused by the behaviour with the NR1608

·
Premium Member
87,946 Posts
Hello - does anyone have experience using the 'TV-grouping' function that is a part of the Heos system on the NR1608.
I'm struggling to get audio to play on other heos speakers via this method.
I've enabled the tv grouping function in the heos app for the NR1608 and then I group the speaker I want to play the tv sound to the NR1608. Audio comes from the NR1608 but not the speaker. I've also attemped to stream audio to the speaker without grouping by selecting an input (tried optical in and a HDMI input) on the NR1608 as music source for the remote speaker.
Are there format limitation on the NR1608 for HEOS streaming i.e. does the audio source have to be PCM (as opposed to multichannel?). Are there input limitation i.e. HDMI vs digitial vs analogue?

I also have the HEOS bar and I seem to be able to successfully 'tv group' for all formats - I've tested up to DTS-HD, so I'm very confused by the behaviour with the NR1608
As is also true with USB and any other networking source, including HEOS, audio can only be PCM 2.0.

·
Registered
31 Posts
As is also true with USB and any other networking source, including HEOS, audio can only be PCM 2.0.

OK, thanks - so this is the case for the AVRs then. No downmixing and conversion to PCM, even for the 2020 models?

I've just tested the HEOS bar again and can absolutely confirm I can successfully stream via HEOS TV grouping PCM, DD, DTSHD and DD TRUHD - obviously in stereo. Two different sources connected via HDMI to the AV The grouping device I tested it to is was CEOL min hifi and a couple of HEOS speakers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I should add, that when I say stereo, it is a stereo signal that is being streamed. The HEOS bar appears to be downmixing multichannel audo before transmission, and presumably transmitting it as PCM

·
Premium Member
87,946 Posts
OK, thanks - so this is the case for the AVRs then. No downmixing and conversion to PCM, even for the 2020 models?

I've just tested the HEOS bar again and can absolutely confirm I can successfully stream via HEOS TV grouping PCM, DD, DTSHD and DD TRUHD - obviously in stereo. Two different sources connected via HDMI to the AV The grouping device I tested it to is was CEOL min hifi and a couple of HEOS speakers.
The 2020 models can perform the downmixing from multi channel to PCM 2.0 for Zone 2/HEOS as noted in post 1 of the 2020 Denon AVR Owner's thread.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The 2020 models can perform the downmixing from multi channel to PCM 2.0 for Zone 2/HEOS as noted in post 1 of the 2020 Denon AVR Owner's thread.

Great, thanks. It would appear the HEOS bar has similar capability to the 2020 AVRs.
For some reason, I still can't get the NR1608 to work with TV grouping, even for PCM audio (via HDMI), nor even outside of TV grouping simply select the optical input as a source on another heos device. I'll try and analogue input to see if that can be made to work.

5261 - 5280 of 5377 Posts