AVS Forum banner

5401 - 5420 of 5448 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hoping someone knows a miracle answer to my issue. Yesterday my Marantz SR6012 went to a 2A02 Please check your network message. The network is fine, I have tried multiple cables etc. I have tried both a factory reset and network reset. After each factory reset, it turns on and gives me about 10 second until it flips back into trying to do an update and then to the 2A02 message.

The Network Reset does not appear to actually work. I can not get it to say "Network Reset" when I do Dimmer + Tuner -.

I have tried searching and anyone that I did find with the same issue disappears so not sure if they resolved it or not. It is out of warranty by about 6 months, so seems like my options are limited.

Fingers crossed someone has an idea.

Thanks in advance!
Brian

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Hoping someone knows a miracle answer to my issue. Yesterday my Marantz SR6012 went to a 2A02 Please check your network message. The network is fine, I have tried multiple cables etc. I have tried both a factory reset and network reset. After each factory reset, it turns on and gives me about 10 second until it flips back into trying to do an update and then to the 2A02 message.

The Network Reset does not appear to actually work. I can not get it to say "Network Reset" when I do Dimmer + Tuner -.

I have tried searching and anyone that I did find with the same issue disappears so not sure if they resolved it or not. It is out of warranty by about 6 months, so seems like my options are limited.

Thanks in advance!
Brian

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2019 Vizio P Quantum X TV. Current setting is Apple TV 4K -> Marantz NV1608 Receiver -> Vizio PX. All HDMI cables are 8K (tried two sets of different brands).
In my current configuration: Marantz: Video -> 4K signal format as Standard (Not enhanced), HDMI Pass Through is enabled. Apple TV can enable Dolby Vision.
However in current configuration, Apple TV's navigation in Netflix from entering one movie then back, always have some black screen shown for a second. Looks like a handshaking is happening. Movie playing is ok.
If I try to set Video -> 4K signal format as Enhanced, Apple TV cannot enable Dolby Vision. Always goes back to HDR 60HZ. But Netflix navigation is smoother.

Anyone has similar issue?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi, im bought a dac (ztella). Now i connected to the usb of the pc and then with the miniplug to rca to the receiver. So i setup the pc (connected through hdmi) but no sound, i know that now i have to setup the marantz but i dont find the options to use the video from the pc and the sound from the ztella.
Can someone give me some advice??? or how be the proper way to connect the ztella (pc) to the receiver?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts

Thanks in advance!
Brian
Hey Brian -

You're not alone! I have a BRAND NEW NR1608. I popped it out of the box last week, configured it all, and it worked beautifully. I then got a message to do the update (ran the June 2020 update), and it failed out. It turns out the June 2020 update from Marantz corrupts both:

(a) the firmwares connection with the LAN card (e.g. so you can't complete the update), and
(b) the original factory firmware (e.g. so you can't do a rollback to the factory firmware).

As a result, you won't be able to:

(1) complete the update,
(2) reset the network card, or
(3) do a factory or network reset.

In essence you now have a completely usuable unit! The frustrating part is that it's a firmware issue entirely driven from the June 2020 update and Marantz has yet to properly address and fix it with subsequent updates that you could feasibly download from the site.

So the million dollar question is: so how do you fix it?

Well, I sent mine into my national service center (in Canada, Microland). They were seeminly oblivious to the issue and suggested swapping the Network Card and HDMI card. I'm encouraging them to just do a restore of the firmware (via USB) and not apply any updates (but we'll see how that goes). A hardware swap will clearly not fix this issue as it's a problem with the update.

Before sending it to the service center, I dealt with Marantz and asked them if they could share the firmware so I could just do the restore myself and they would not do it. You used to be able to download it from their website, but they don't do that anymore - seemingly so they can get $ from owners sending their unit in for service. Greed > good customer experience.

TLDR - Marantz June 2020 update corrupts the LAN card (not a HW fault, entirely software). Marantz hasn't fixed it, and refuses to make it easy for owners to get it fixed (e.g. by D/L firmware or update from website).

·
Registered
3 Posts
No Augerhandle... they haven't fixed it.

Their solution is to roll-back to the factory firmware using three buttons on your unit.

The problem is, the update corrupts the original factory firmware so this isn't an option.

In addition, it corrupts the LAN card software so you can't complete the update.

In essence, they've left consumers with an unusable unit because they can't roll-back and can't update (see Brian's example above).

TLDR - Marantz's "fix" doesn't work because they didn't address the root cause of the problem. The only thing that will fix this is releasing factory firmwares for their units that users can download and apply via USB.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That’s great Augerhandle, but there’s many more examples on here (and on other forums such as Reddit) that their proposed solution doesn’t work for any of the NR models, as the update corrupted the factory firmware. (e.g. making it impossible to do a restore and ultimately bricking the units).

Marantz, of course, refuses to acknowledge this and provide a fix.

·
Registered
126 Posts
So I upgraded to a new LG TV that has eARC but my current AV receiver only has ARC. I'm trying to figure out if I need to upgrade my AV receiver to properly get Atmos in order to take advantage of some of the upcoming next gen video game console features. In order to get some features I need to directly connect up to an HDMI 2.1 port which most new receivers only have 1 input so I'll most likely directly connect up to the LG since I have multiple system that will need HDMI 2.1

My question is if the devices are connected directly via the TV now rather than through the receiver and the eARC port is going to an ARC port on the AV receiver I'm pretty sure I lose audio capabilities like pushing Atmos or DTS:X correct?

·
Registered
637 Posts
So I upgraded to a new LG TV that has eARC but my current AV receiver only has ARC. I'm trying to figure out if I need to upgrade my AV receiver to properly get Atmos in order to take advantage of some of the upcoming next gen video game console features. In order to get some features I need to directly connect up to an HDMI 2.1 port which most new receivers only have 1 input so I'll most likely directly connect up to the LG since I have multiple system that will need HDMI 2.1

My question is if the devices are connected directly via the TV now rather than through the receiver and the eARC port is going to an ARC port on the AV receiver I'm pretty sure I lose audio capabilities like pushing Atmos or DTS:X correct?
The TV eARC will send loseless multichannel from the TV Apps to the Receiver eARC.
Since your AVR has not eARC you should get a new AVR IF: you want to use the TVs apps.

BUT that i know, no streamer app and lossless audio until now.

So, having eARC today, its just to tackle Future proof.

·
Registered
126 Posts
So if I don’t care for lossless audio for tv apps im ok? Atmos will be played from the devices connected directly to the TV aka Xbox or apple tv

·
Registered
126 Posts
Any downfalls for that? Why would i just not enable eARC on the tv since it has an option for that? Im really just trying to make sure i get the best audio from devices connected directly from the TV now like Atmos.

·
Registered
637 Posts
So if I don’t care for lossless audio for tv apps im ok? Atmos will be played from the devices connected directly to the TV aka Xbox or apple tv
No, that I know, the eARC HDMI will pass internal apss.
ARC is always over the same cable: Audio Return Channel...
If you connect an external device to your TV, type talking about two cables, the one from the Xbox to the TV and the one from the TV to the AVR.

·
Registered
126 Posts
So I'm trying to set this up but no luck. I have the following setup but i get no sound through the receiver. I don't get any sound from the LG apps either but I'm assuming that's because it needs to use optical but could be wrong..

Marantz SR7012 - Output ARC to LG CX HDMI 2 eARC (eARC disabled but using ARC for output)
Xbox on HDMI 1

LG is setup for ARC output and Marantz receiver is setup to do HDMI control with ARC ON

·
Premium Member
88,885 Posts
Any downfalls for that? Why would i just not enable eARC on the tv since it has an option for that? Im really just trying to make sure i get the best audio from devices connected directly from the TV now like Atmos.
If the AVR is not eARC capable, then the TV can only use ARC to pass non-HD audio (which includes DD+) to the AVR.

So I'm trying to set this up but no luck. I have the following setup but i get no sound through the receiver. I don't get any sound from the LG apps either but I'm assuming that's because it needs to use optical but could be wrong..

Marantz SR7012 - Output ARC to LG CX HDMI 2 eARC (eARC disabled but using ARC for output)
Xbox on HDMI 1

LG is setup for ARC output and Marantz receiver is setup to do HDMI control with ARC ON
On the SR7012, ARC must be set to ON (p. 195 Owner's manual) from the factory default OFF setting.

·
Registered
25 Posts
jdsmoothie,
Is there any way to get the video info (Input & output) similar to the info button that shows the audio info?
Cheers.

5401 - 5420 of 5448 Posts