AVS Forum banner

1141 - 1160 of 5407 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
New owner of a Marantz NR1608 amplifier, i have an issue.

In fact, in Bluetooth or Spotify mode, the display show by default the connected device or the service name, not the track title.
The only way to get the track title is to press the status button on the front panel of the amp, and this is very annoying.
So, i would like to know if there was a way to have the Status function on the remote control ?
If not, could a harmony remote control do it?

In advance, thank you for your answers.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Excellent Houdini! Thank you for sending.

I have an update: I realized that the cables may be directional - and I re-hooked it up with the "TV" side plug at the TV and the "source" plug at the SR5012. I got a signal! What a dummy. I don't know if the cable is good enough for full 4k /60, but at least I discovered my first mistake and now have your reference to compare.

-Mike
Isnt 35 feet pushing the outer limits of HDMI cable lengths, even with the best of cables?

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm considering add a power amplifier to deal with the fronts speakers (l+c+r). Because I'm not going to use those outputs in the receiver (7012), can I reconfigure them for zone 2 or 3 and not use an external amplifier to drive those zones?. Your input will be appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
88,504 Posts
I'm considering add a power amplifier to deal with the fronts speakers (l+c+r). Because I'm not going to use those outputs in the receiver (7012), can I reconfigure them for zone 2 or 3 and not use an external amplifier to drive those zones?. Your input will be appreciated. Thanks
Not specifically no. However, if you don't plan on going beyond a 5.1 setup, you can use the AMP ASSIGN = 5.1 + Zone 2 + Zone 3.

·
Registered
154 Posts
SR5012 HDMI Pass Through. Select HDMI Input while in standby?

Am I to read the following statement from the SR5012 owners manual to mean the unit does not have to be powered up to select the HDMI input you want to pass through. So in standby you can select an HDMI input. Thank you.

“Pass Through Source” can be set when “HDMI Control” is set to “On” or
“HDMI Pass Through” is set to “On”.

·
Premium Member
88,504 Posts
Am I to read the following statement from the SR5012 owners manual to mean the unit does not have to be powered up to select the HDMI input you want to pass through. So in standby you can select an HDMI input. Thank you.

“Pass Through Source” can be set when “HDMI Control” is set to “On” or
“HDMI Pass Through” is set to “On”.
Although that's not what that phrase refers to, if you look at the setting right next to it on p. 161 of the Owner's manual, it's actually the setting that must be set to "Source Select Only" in order for you to select a different HDMI source while the unit is in Standby, otherwise, the factory default setting is "Power On + Source" which both powers on the AVR and selects the source rather than having to first press the "Power" button and then press the "Source" button.

·
Registered
154 Posts

?Pass Through Source? can be set when ?HDMI Control? is set to ?On? or
?HDMI Pass Through? is set to ?On?.
Although that's not what that phrase refers to, if you look at the setting right next to it on p. 161 of the Owner's manual, it's actually the setting that must be set to "Source Select Only" in order for you to select a different HDMI source while the unit is in Standby, otherwise, the factory default setting is "Power On + Source" which both powers on the AVR and selects the source rather than having to first press the "Power" button and then press the "Source" button.
Many thanks for the explanation.

·
Registered
24 Posts
In case of bi-amping for SR6012, it is important that which of the amplifiers (fronts or heights 2 - according to the manual) be assigned which pairs of sockets on each speaker? I have two pairs of sockets, one lower and one upper pair. Thank you.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Do the 2017 models below the SR7012 not have the blue LED light around the display? Have a 6012 and haven't seen any settings for having one.

Also, anyone have the MM7025 amplifier? Was wondering if it runs as hot at the 6012?

·
Premium Member
88,504 Posts
In case of bi-amping for SR6012, it is important that which of the amplifiers (fronts or heights 2 - according to the manual) be assigned which pairs of sockets on each speaker? I have two pairs of sockets, one lower and one upper pair. Thank you.
Nope, doesn't matter as the exact same signal is passed through both pairs of speaker posts which is one of the reasons this feature provides no benefit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do the 2017 models below the SR7012 not have the blue LED light around the display? Have a 6012 and haven't seen any settings for having one.

Also, anyone have the MM7025 amplifier? Was wondering if it runs as hot at the 6012?
Hi I have a MM7025 I just added to my denon 4400h and it runs cool, it has only barely got above room temp so far for me.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Sr6012 vs sr7012

Going through every spec this is what I can pick out in differences but does that warrant the huge price gap? Unless specs are not correct on Marantz site.

Auro 3D
Multi Room 2 vs 3
DC Trigger 1 vs 2
2 line display vs none
Bass Sync
A couple input/output
110 vs 125 watts

I've been looking for this information for a long time, so I imagine others my appreciate this 're-post'.
The information was buried many pages in past.
The SR6012 and SR7012 both look to be fantastic recievers and it's nice to be able to study the differences between the two, (listed above).

Hope this helps others looking at these same models.

:nerd:

And . . . to make matters worse, my time frame to buy is June-August, and that puts me just one or two months from the potential release of new 2018 Marantz models.
In the end, I may just want to wait for the 2018 units to be released. I can't help but wonder if they might be known as the SR6013 and SR7013.

:eeksurprise:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a Marantz 7011 that I bought from a pawn shop. No serial #'s. Worked perfect for me for two months then one day turned it on and had no speaker output. Where it shows what speakers are hooked up it has nothing. I go to test tone and nothing. It wont move or do anything on test tone screen. I took it to United Radio in Syracuse,NY. and they fixed it. Set it up and everything was good. Shut it off and come back to it like fours later and back to no sound and not showing any speakers. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
88,504 Posts
I have a Marantz 7011 that I bought from a pawn shop. No serial #'s. Worked perfect for me for two months then one day turned it on and had no speaker output. Where it shows what speakers are hooked up it has nothing. I go to test tone and nothing. It wont move or do anything on test tone screen. I took it to United Radio in Syracuse,NY. and they fixed it. Set it up and everything was good. Shut it off and come back to it like fours later and back to no sound and not showing any speakers. Any ideas?
Oops. Wrong thread. Please repost in the 2016 Marantz Owner's thread.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Volume control stopped working in iOS AVR Remote app with SR6012

Anyone else have the volume control stop working in the iOS AVR Remote app?

It was working fine with my SR6012, but recently, it displays the volume, but I am unable to change it from the app. I’ve tried to force quit and restart the app, but no dice.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
88,504 Posts
How big of a difference is there in sound quality between sr6012 & sr7012? Do they use the same dac?
Haven't seen a review, but likely very similar sound, with the SR7012 offering more features (ie. 2CH custom setup, Auro 3D, 2 line front panel display instead of just porthole, Zone 3, Learning Remote). All the models in this thread use the same AK4458/32bit DAC.

1141 - 1160 of 5407 Posts