AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You axed for it, you got it! Please place all speculation and theories for Revolutions in this thread, not in the Reloaded thread. If you want to speculate on Reloaded, the Reloaded thread is appropriate. But if you want to discuss what we will, would, might, could, want to see in revolutions, post it here!

Fair warning: consider this thread spoiler ridden! Don't say I didn't warn you...

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Interesting step by step forecast on what is going to happen in Revolutions.

Beware is quite detailed, so if you don't want to know, dont' click on the link...
http://www.xzaust.com/index.php?page=matrix

(gnollo, you originally wrote "Reloaded", not "Revolutions". These are potentially HUGE spoilers folks.... - moderator Larry Davis)

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
is that confirmed what will happened or is it just a "forecast"?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That synopsis was written by someone who had to have at least some inside knowledge, IMO. I, and many others hate the ending. Whoever wrote it, may only have had access to early versions of the trailers and TV spots. I don't know. But I don't think it has been confirmed to be 100% accurate.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is controversy over who wrote what. The original synopsis contained some legit info. We know it's legit because the trailers and TV spots have shown them to be so. That doesn't mean that *all* of what is written is true, but some of it is. After that initial version, other versions came out, with varying degrees of embellishment. An embellished version is what is linked to above.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
That's one hell of a bizarre plot summary. If it's true, it'll make Revolutions even more confusing than Reloaded! And it'll make me and a lot of people very disappointed. But I guess we'll know in about 35 days.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I was sitting here thinking that to forecast what is going to happen in the matrix Revolutions, I guess we need to understand what is logical (I believe the W. brothers are quite logical).

What makes it so difficult is the logic is hidden behind a very complex set of lies.

Matrix: reality is a lie and Neo is the One who will free all humans

Matrix Reloaded: Neo is the One and will free all humans is a lie, he is the anomaly

So what do we know for sure, without a shadow of a doubt?

IMHO

- reality is a lie, and the matrix exists

- the matrix is virtual reality, it is a program and it is operated by machines

- the matrix has worked and worked and worked at getting Neo exactly where they want him, influencing him in all kinds of ways (Oracle pushing him where they want him)

- all software (agents, Saphire, Oracle, Smith/Bane) can NOT live outside the matrix, so their purpose MUST be to continue the existence of the matrix, bargaining on the form, but not on the substance of it...

- to go any futher, I must ASSUME as true the statement on which the whole series is based: humans are used to powerup the matrix, and are jacked it: the matrix existence is based on the humans used as power source, and it relies on "a number" of humans to continue to exist

- based on that statement and on the fact that the matrix has tried to adapt to the challenges of creating a stable environment based on hardware (humans) that requires certain emotional stimulation (choice, believing they are free). To do so, they have created CHOICE, to enslave humans.

- to give Choice means increasing the number of Variables to control, but if you have a UBERcomputer, you can forecast where the lightning will strike (Isaac Asimov, the Foundation Saga): the Agents, the Oracle, all the software works towards CONTROLLING where and what is going to be done.. and still humans are unpredictable, because no matter what, computers cannot understand which emotions move them to certain acts; therefore cannot curb instability (Zion) and have to reload the matrix every time things go out of control

- logically, how do you understand your variable, your enemy? You become one of them. You need to make one piece of software that doesn't know to be one, and use everything in your power to make him as human as possible, so you can really work out exactly what makes human tick. You use the Oracle, the Merovingian and Morpheus to make of NEO the ONE.

What about Trinity? If you want to know what moves humans, you need another human at the other hand of the experience, to really get the experience that is called LOVE.

By the time the humanization of Neo is complete, he has become more human that the humans, and trascendes the control of his makers. I believe in the theory of the matrix in the matrix.. too many clues point to it, so once the battle with Smith is over, anything is possible... I cannot be any happier that even after I spent so much time trying to work out this damned movie, I still cannot be sure if Neo is human or not... ;)....

I am sure of one thing:

-Big surprise in Matrix (Neo dies, he lives again)

-Big surprise in Reloaded (Neo is not the One, he is number Six, is reality just another matrix in the matrix)

- expect another shocker right at the end... it could be

a) the matrix is reloaded at the end of the fight, but Neo is now another rogue program, like the other Neo before him (mr72 hours perhaps?) and he makes the phone call that we saw right at the end of Matrix

b) Neo dies like Christ giving his life for humanity and Trinity, and the Matrix is reloaded one more time, with a TO BE CONTINUE right at the end...

c) Neo wins and wakes up in a different place than what expected... because "reality" was just another matrix in the matrix

d) you work it out... ;)

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I doubt (b) because I really think this will be the end of the series. "Everything that has a beginning has an end." If they don't give finality to this, the movie will be far less enjoyable, and I don't think the W's want to piss off their fans that much.

(c) is possible but too much of a "it was all a dream" ending and would, also, have the effect of pissing a lot of people off.

(a) again, possible, but still doesn't give finality.

I for one think the shocker will be that Zion and the dismal world are still part of the Matrix, just another section of it, designed to give the overly curious and skeptical humans who NEED to be suffering (remember what Smith said in Movie 1) something they can believe in. Neo is just a program, then.

In that case, God knows what the real world is. Maybe that's the point - we'll never know what the "real world" is. It's all relative. That sort of mysterious open-ended ending might be just right. The lesson we're supposed to walk away with is that reality is only what we make of it. Anything less profound than that would just be too cliched for the Matrix - the humans can't just happen to beat the machines the 6th time around. They can't just start it from scratch again because we'll all be asking why we spent so many hours watching these movies. So there has to be some significant message at the end, and I think there will be.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gnollo,

Here's my take on what I expect to see at the end. I hope I'm wrong but I think Trinity will die. This will free Neo to sacrifice himself to enter the source and reload the matrix, after he defeats Smith. We know for sure that a MMORPG (massive multiplayer online role playing game) called The Matrix Online is being developed for the PC. We also know SPOILER that the game takes place *after* Revolutions yet we also know that the matrix continues to exist. In fact, players can only "play" in the matrix, there are no portions in the "real" world. So the matrix must be reloaded in Revolutions (the matrix is headed for a crash - that's part of the plot of Revolutions. If the matrix isn't reloaded, the human race still plugged in will die) and that indicates to me that Neo does go to the source and "saves" humanity, or whatever you want to call what he has imprinted on. I wonder if the fact that you can't play in the real world indicates the "real" world doesn't exist after Revolutions because it is an obsolete branch of the matrix? This assumes the validity of the MWAM theory.

The MWAM theory is for me the biggest question. I almost care more about that being resolved than about anything else, plot wise or in terms of sfx. I just want it to all make sense when it is explained.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Random thoughts...

The Kid is going to be huge in this movie. The W. brothers went to great pains to introduce him in the animatrix, and give us a hint in Reloaded, so I expect him to play a large role.

With Smith multiplying, does anyone else see him taking over the matrix entirely? Zero 'regular' minds left at all?

Next, this may be too simplistic, but 'he fights for us' is quite possibly meaning Smith, right? Something happens in the fight, and Neo turns him, and is able to use all those agents for the greater good.

Along those lines, what about the last Animatrix film? The one where the humans turn the machines to work for them. That has to play in here somewhere as well.

It's going to be a fun ride!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Ah Larry, thanks for the heads up...

You see I don't play games anymore (I am only a dvd slave now).

From an interview with Monolith Productions at E3 about their upcoming Matrix game .

"What’s the story behind the game ?

The Matrix Online takes off where Matrix Revolutions (the third movie) ends. All playing characters have just taken the red pill, and are aware of the Matrix and what it is. "

Damn.

So the matrix doesn't end. Then Neo does reload the matrix.

But a sense of closure needs to be given to the audience. And I think that the sense of closure will be provided by a final showdown, once Smith is defeated, with a representative of the Matrix (could be the anyone, but I put my money on the Architect).

The Architect will show that humans are actually plugged in the Matrix to protect them, and to preserve the human race, because there is no life outside the matrix.

So Neo finds out, like his predecessors, that there is no way out of it, and that the Matrix must be reloaded, because men and machines MUST work together, as the problem is choice [meaning that there is no choice].

It could be something like

- life is over on the earth and a number of humans are being transported on another planet. Scientists had to put themselves in this virtual environment because they found that solitude and confinment was pushing people to suicide

- life is over on the planet because earth was nuked, and before man can walk on earth again, thousand of years have to go by [therefore humans must be born and die in a controlled environment, where they have no idea of what really is out there]

Either way, you will come out of the movie theater, knowing that the biggest lie of them all was "what has a beginning, has an end".

Maybe the last scene will be that of Neo reloaded, sleeping in front of his computer screen (first scene of Matrix where you see Neo), with a tear rolling down his eye, the first sign of emotion that Program Neo has shown... finally thanks to his love for humanity and expecially Trinity, the anomaly has been assimilated and incorporated in the new version of the One.

[The end]

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Also, I was just thinking that at the end of the Matrix (the first movie), we see a screen like the one at the beginning. Matrix code appears as Neo begins to speak. A box which says system failure appears on the screen.

Was there really a system failure? Nothing seems to indicate that....

Or what we saw afterwards was really the end of Revolutions? With the matrix being Reloaded one more time, but this time, Neo could not be pushed to the side (or perhaps destroyed or assimilated) like his predecessors.. and it would leave space for a movie sequel and for the online game... ;))

·
Registered
479 Posts
The date of the trace is like 9 months later. It is said that this is the last scene of the last movie due to the fact that the W. brothers were not sure they were going to get a 2nd and 3rd movie. Reloaded is thought to be atleast 6 months after The Matrix and Revolutions is probably within 24-36 hours right after Reloaded.

-sonny

·
Registered
479 Posts
Good question...

I think it is the kid that released himself from the Matrix.

In Zion:

The kid: "Neo you saved me"

Neo: "No kid you saved yourself"

or something like that

He was in the animatrix. Otherwise it is the little girl in the trailer when they are in the subway station (I think its a subway station).

-sonny

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
The Kid is the one that is falling over himself to help Neo/Trinity when they get back to Zion. The one that asks to become part of Morpheus' crew. Somehow he freed himself from the Matrix, in Animatrix, which I hope gets explained in Revolutions.

1 - 20 of 341 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.