AVS Forum banner

1581 - 1600 of 1606 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mede8er Can't Find External Drive or Files!

Hello, all. Had my Mede8er for a few years and really enjoy it. But allll of a sudden I am having issues with my MED100X3D! I have my files stored on a WD MyBook 3TB. When hooked up to the PC, I can see, add, and play mkv files. When I connect the external HD to the Mede8er, it doesn't even recognize that the drive is there! No movies, artwork, music files, nothing! Not even that a USB drive is present under Media Library. I thought it may just be something with my external had drive, maybe using the Safe Remove feature in Windows 10, buuuut...

I have some movies stored on an internal drive on the Mede8er. The Mede8er picks up on the drive, and shows the folders. But click on one, and the mkv files and jpg artwork are missing. Nothing! Hook up the Mede8er to my computer, and the content is visible and working.

I eve tried to use anther hard drive, a WD MyPassport. I downloaded two movies, then hooked it up to Mede8er. It shows all previous folders I have added (music, video), but the mkv file only shows the folder. Once I click on it, the folders are empty. Again, everything is operational on my pc.

This was before the latest firmware update, and I have since installed it. Same issue.

Am I missing something? Is my Mede8er fried or is every drive I have been corrupted. Please help! I could go through the laborious task of moving, formatting, and reading, but not sure if this is even the problem.

Thanks!

·
Registered
916 Posts
I have mkv bluray rips on two PCs which are currently served up using serviio to my devices. I'd like to use the 600 to replace the now untrustworthy WDTV which flaked on the last firmware upgrade requiring a rollback.

Can anyone confirm that the 600x3D will automatically see both serviio servers and play files with passthrough and minimal fuss? I'm not interested in setting up shares and just looking for simple plug and play.

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
"Can anyone confirm that the 600x3D will automatically see both serviio servers and play files with passthrough and minimal fuss?"

No one can guarantee what will work in your system. I don't know Serviio but you don't need anything to serve media files to the Meder8er. My NAS's are simple storage devices. No DLNA, no media server, no Twonky, etc., on the NAS's although I could turn them on. The Meder8er does all the heavy lifting.

The Meder8er has lots of options like DMR. Again none of it needed.

·
Banned
4,945 Posts

·
Registered
13,272 Posts
I have mkv bluray rips on two PCs which are currently served up using serviio to my devices. I'd like to use the 600 to replace the now untrustworthy WDTV which flaked on the last firmware upgrade requiring a rollback.

Can anyone confirm that the 600x3D will automatically see both serviio servers and play files with passthrough and minimal fuss? I'm not interested in setting up shares and just looking for simple plug and play.
What you are basically asking is, does the Mede8er 600 have a DLNA client built-in -- like the WDTV Live does.

That is a question I would like an answer to, also. I have looked through the Mede8er specification documents and scanned the user manual and I see no hint of a DLNA client. Can someone state with authority that the Mede8er 600 either does or does not have a DLNA client.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I've been using a couple of weeks now and it sees my dlna servers just fine. But I've now setup shares anyway and that works fine too.

I'm getting passthrough of Atmos.

Reactions: Qwantum and Kelson

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have several 3TB drives I use in my Dune HD Duo that are set up for Yadis if I just put them in a Mede8ter X3D will the Yadis interface work like in the Dune without any modification ?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping I could use the Mode8er in a spare room and the Dune in the HT and still use Yadis for both players without modification of the Yadis files stored on several hard drives.

·
Registered
500 Posts
So quick question, I'm currently using CinemaVision on Kodi, the main reason is I love the ability to have trailers play before watching the feature presentation, does the Mede8er have anything like that? I know it offers trailer support, but was unsure if you can have it automatically play trailers before the start of the film...

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
So quick question, I'm currently using CinemaVision on Kodi, the main reason is I love the ability to have trailers play before watching the feature presentation, does the Mede8er have anything like that? I know it offers trailer support, but was unsure if you can have it automatically play trailers before the start of the film...
From what I am seeing no / not at this point, you have to manually choose to play it. This is the Trailer Guide on their website.

http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_x3d_movie_trailer_user_guide_V0.html

·
Registered
500 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Med8er X3D 600 with Sony HW40ES

Hi guys !

Some of u that are watching 3D ISO Movies with the 600x3D connected with the SONY HWES40 , does it works?
Please let me know

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I am new here.

I had a WD Live Hub which failed. Found they are no longer available so got a Mede8er 450X2S. It is a more humble machine than those in the title of this thread but I found no other thread about it in the first 10 pages so I will post my questions here if you don’t mind.

My son-in-law set me up with the WD Live hub. He works in IT but moved to Dubai some years ago so he is not available to sort out my problems. I have a wired ADSL network, the main router is at my desktop where I download movies. I then transferred them over the wired network to the Live Hub at the tv, there is a router there but it is configured as a splitter. Then HDMI into the lcd/led tv.

I chose the 450 because I can fit an internal drive if necessary. I found the Live Hub in my wired network really nice – being able to transfer and delete files from my desktop so I wanted to be able to do that with the Mede8er too.

My first problem is when I plug the 450 into my wired network it does not replace the WD Live Hub on Windows Explorer on my desktop. I am an old fool (71) who was shielded from IT hardware by my son-in-law so now I need some help. I assume that I have to do Page 13 Wired Network Connection and Setup – Fix IP (Manual). Enter the IP Address etc. I will get a travelling techie to come do that for me.

My questions:
1. I have a usb drive plugged in. Plays fine but I have to move it to my desktop to transfer files to it. On a wired network can the usb drive be mapped so I see it as a drive on my desktop? Page 12 diagram seems to say it can be but the diagram has no splitter between it and the router like I have.
2. I can fit an internal hard drive (< 2TB). That will definitely map onto my network and be visible from my desktop will it not?
3. If I have internal & external will they both be available from my desktop?
4. There is a SD card slot. There is nothing in the manual about it at all. I have a spare SD card. What difference will it make? How do I access it?
5. Pause a movie. No Progress bar to show where you are & how much further there is to go. Really? How do you tell where you are if you want to view something in 2 sittings? (I appreciate it will restart where you left off)
6. Zoom XY. Page 40. I don’t get Preset Config screen. Is it available on the 450? Is there some other setting I have to adjust first to make it appear?
There is an image of the XY config screen on page 42 of this thread but newbies can't post a link to it.

Thanks

·
Registered
658 Posts
Is the Mede8er 1000x3D still available anywhere for use in the US? I have a friend that is very interested in buying one since I've been telling him about mine, and now I can't seem to find any place online to point him to to buy it. How about the 800 - is that model still available, and if so, what is the difference between that model and the 1000?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Is the Mede8er 1000x3D still available anywhere for use in the US? I have a friend that is very interested in buying one since I've been telling him about mine, and now I can't seem to find any place online to point him to to buy it. How about the 800 - is that model still available, and if so, what is the difference between that model and the 1000?
The 1000 i don't think so but the 600 / 800 yes. This is where I got mine from, excellent customer service.

http://www.mediaconceptusa.com/mede8er.html

·
Registered
658 Posts
Thanks a ton for the fast response! Glad to hear the 800 is still available. Looks like it's pretty much the same as the 1000x3D as far as functionality - the 800 has a built-in fan and wi-fi it seems.

Does it come with the necessary power plug for US outlets from that site?

Edit: Silly question - I just noticed the site is US so of course it comes with a US plug! Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
All 3 of them are the exact same internally, they have physical / cosmetic difference, the 1000 was the Spaceship Looking one with the internal hard drive support without a fan. The 800 is the normal brick like one with internal hard drive support with a fan. The 600 has no fan. They all support wifi, I thought they needed to have a card added / none were included by default but of course you can order one with the option if you want.

I have a MED600x3D and really have nothing but good things to say about it, I have a NAS so I don't have / need internal storage. It is still my Go-To Player for my 3D Sound Movies (ATMOS / DTS:X) but admit I've been using Plex more and more.

They have been talking about releasing a new version sometime soon for way to long. I believe they even hinted at it on their facebook page very recently but gave no details whatsoever.

Thanks a ton for the fast response! Glad to hear the 800 is still available. Looks like it's pretty much the same as the 1000x3D as far as functionality - the 800 has a built-in fan and wi-fi it seems.

Does it come with the necessary power plug for US outlets from that site?

Edit: Silly question - I just noticed the site is US so of course it comes with a US plug! Thanks again!

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
Agree but I have the 800X3D. I use the internal hard drive and put all my 3D movies on it. That way I don't have to worry about bandwidth over my LAN. Otherwise all movies and TV shows fed via NAS's.

Having said that all indications are Meder8er is going to produce a Realtek 1125 model.

If at all possible I'd wait a little while to see.

1581 - 1600 of 1606 Posts