AVS Forum banner

981 - 994 of 994 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
yes, I know the exe is free but I remember reading that you would need a licsence. or it might be limited to just one view or something. Maybe that was Zappiti. I'll try it out anyway.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have started having problems playing from MM to a Dune H1. If I play the movie (BR) directly on the Dune it is fine, if I play thru MM interface (on iPad) on the Dune, it seems to play a frame at a time. I have deleted MM on the Dune and receated the DB, but same problem.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've been using MM with WMC for over 5 years to organize and playback TV series using TMT and BD movies using a Sony BDP-CX7000ES mega changer. WMC and TMT have been sunset/retired and my Sony changer died as described on their thread without any part available from Sony to repair.

I found myself engineering a new HT solution. After much research, I took delivery of a new Solo 4K player last week. So far I love it and understand what you guys have be raving about. I might/should have done this sooner but players were not being made and there were questions about what was next.

I'm making my way through this thread and finding tons of information -- thanks all. To jump start faster, has anyone condensed this information into a guide?

EDIT: I've read all posts so thanks to all for sharing over the last years. Maybe release of Solo 4K will rekindle updates and interaction.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I know this thread doesnt get much action but...

I just downloaded mymovies and for the life of me, I cannot get the dune to access the metadata (to play from the movie wall) or play the movie on the dune from my ios app. I used yamj for years and had ten Popcorn Hours so I am not a stranger to all the wonkiness of these solutions, but I just don't have a ton of time for trial and error with this new app on new players.

I have 1600 movies in my collection and I see and browse them just fine in collection manager. Also, I have got the remote on the ios app to work just fine. It just wont play the movies from the app.

I have three dune solo 4ks and want to store the metadata on a network share so all three dunes can access.

If you are in DFW and can come set this up for me I will pay you 300 dollars for what is probably 15 minutes of your time. Alternatively, if you can successfully help me over facetime, I will pay you the same 300 dollars.

I just want this to work. These dunes are great players, but I really want mymovies to work for me in addition to the file broweser selection of movies.

- David

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
I have 1600 movies in my collection and I see and browse them just fine in collection manager. Also, I have got the remote on the ios app to work just fine. It just wont play the movies from the app.

I have three dune solo 4ks and want to store the metadata on a network share so all three dunes can access.
See my wiki on Path Configuration which sounds like it could be the problem here.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Thank you for the reply. I tried to follow your wiki but I see no way to change the option (and then the path) from my Z drive to the SMB share server name. The server name is \\LIVINGROOM\FlexRAID\

Also, all my movies got imported into the collection using the Z drive as a path. Maybe they will never play from the ios app because the drive the movies are on is a network drive and not local to the dune. Is there a way to import them into the collection using the network share path instead?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Thank you for the reply. I tried to follow your wiki but I see no way to change the option (and then the path) from my Z drive to the SMB share server name. The server name is \\LIVINGROOM\FlexRAID\

Also, all my movies got imported into the collection using the Z drive as a path. Maybe they will never play from the ios app because the drive the movies are on is a network drive and not local to the dune. Is there a way to import them into the collection using the network share path instead?
Danger! You do not want to store your MyMovies index on Z:\! Give it a special directory on Z, like Z:\DuneIndex. (The "Store on Path" in your first screenshot.)

I believe you need to import your collection (on your PC) using the network path, not the mapped Z drive path. Go to one of your movies, click the Browse button to change the location of the file, and browse to the network share directly (instead of using Z). At that point it should offer to change all your collection to using that path.

I'm talking about that Path I can see in the first screenshot, Z:\About.A.Boy... you want that to read \\LIVINGROOM\FlexRAID\About.A.Boy... instead.

Your first goal is to get rid of that Z: path from showing up in the Path Configuration list at all. Only the network share path should be listed there.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I believe you need to import your collection (on your PC) using the network path, not the mapped Z drive path. Go to one of your movies, click the Browse button to change the location of the file, and browse to the network share directly (instead of using Z). At that point it should offer to change all your collection to using that path.

I'm talking about that Path I can see in the first screenshot, Z:\AbouIt.A.Boy... you want that to read \\LIVINGROOM\FlexRAID\About.A.Boy... instead.

Your first goal is to get rid of that Z: path from showing up in the Path Configuration list at all. Only the network share path should be listed there.

Thanks Scott,
I was able to change that movie to a network path by browsing to it through the network share. It did not offer to change all my collection to using that path - any idea how to do that? If I have to maybe I need to delete all my collection and recompile the collection through the network share?

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Thanks Scott,
I was able to change that movie to a network path by browsing to it through the network share. It did not offer to change all my collection to using that path - any idea how to do that? If I have to maybe I need to delete all my collection and recompile the collection through the network share?
That would work, but sounds like a pain.

Try unmapping the Z: drive in Windows so that all the Z: paths will be invalid. Then change another movie to the network share. See if it offers to change all of them for you.

I've seen it offer to do that before, but it's not always predictable.

If that fails, I guess deleting and recompiling is your last resort.

Edit: I updated the wiki to make this more clear, though I noticed it was already mentioned in the "Common Problems" section.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Thanks Scott. I sort of have it working now - seems to play on the dune from the app.

Biggest issue currently is that 500 or so of the 1600 movies have issues (either they are missing; some sequels show up as a dupe of the first movie (instead of a separate movie) and many movies titles/posters show as combined double features discs or box sets (with the same title and poster) vs showing up as separate movies.

It doesn't seem very easy to just edit the meta data or add a movie when the scraper misses it. This may end up being a fatal flaw for me.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I’m a long time MyMovies user. I’ve been very satisfied with its create Dune metadata. I use the Tom X 3 template found on the MyMovies forum and have updated the template xml several times.

I’d like to update it to include 4K UHD covers and associated file type icons. Also like to add ATMOS and DTS:X icons.

Are any of original creators of the templates here. They don’t appear to frequent MyMovies forum in recent years. I’d appreciate any guidance to speed up the process.

981 - 994 of 994 Posts