AVS Forum banner

5801 - 5820 of 5939 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hello, I recently got an LG c9 and have the 2018 7.2 system updated with the 3.3 firmware. I'm trying to get Netflix and prime video internal apps to output Dolby atmos or at the very least dd+ and I can't figure out how to do it... When I connect firetv 4k directly to the soundbar I can get dd+ and even atmos from prime (Netflix doesn't support atmos on firetv 4k)

Can someone help me with this? I thought the soundbar was updated to support earc and that the c9 can output earc so what am I doing wrong? Thanks!
The soundbar doesn't support EARC and there's no plans for it to

·
Registered
296 Posts
A weird thing happened with my Nakamichi, which has been running firmware 33 and working fine for a while now.

I have now zeroed in on settings that I like and stick with them! I decided to do a factory reset for some reason and configured my favorite settings again. Whoa, with the EXACT same settings, after a reset, my soundbar sounds WAAAY better.

In the past, I felt that the soundbar sounded amazing on Shield/Fire TV but not so much on Apple TV - which I blamed on the Apple TV. But now, all my devices sound equally good. Factory reset seems to have done "something"!

- Pure Direct: Dolby Surround
- DSP: Off
- SSE: 3
- Room Size: Medium
- Bass: 06
- TR: 04
- CR: 09
- SS: 04
- SB: 09
- DRC- Off
- 110 Hz
- DIM 0

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Mkv files with dts audio. Has anyone had issue with trying to play mkv files encoded with dts audio? Doesn't matter what file I play, audio b is super choppy and the video stutters a bit too

·
Registered
530 Posts
Can the Nakamichi sound bars be calibrated? Can the levels/frequencies to each speaker be adjusted to compensate for room irregularities?

·
Registered
1,896 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
This is not 100% correct. The 2019 models can do dd+/Atmos over ARC. eARC is not required. The 2018 models cannot.
My 2018 gets atmos over dd plus on arc. I'm on the 3.3 FW. I have a Samsung q8fn TV and I've confirmed it with jack Ryan on amazon prime. It's compressed dd plus but it recognizes the atmos identification.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts
My 2018 gets atmos over dd plus on arc. I'm on the 3.3 FW. I have a Samsung q8fn TV and I've confirmed it with jack Ryan on amazon prime. It's compressed dd plus but it recognizes the atmos identification.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Same here.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I’m considering getting the Shockwafe 7.2 to replace the Samsung HW-K950 I have.

Primary reason is poor imaging when the audio provided is stereo like that provided by most streaming video apps.

Does the Shockwafe allow for faking Atmos and/or DTS:X from stereo audio?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I’m considering getting the Shockwafe 7.2 to replace the Samsung HW-K950 I have.

Primary reason is poor imaging when the audio provided is stereo like that provided by most streaming video apps.

Does the Shockwafe allow for faking Atmos and/or DTS:X from stereo audio?
Yes

You could fake it with Dolby upmix or dolby surround modes

나의 LM-Q815L 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys, I just realized I posted this before in probably the wrong section. I’m brand new here lol. I’m pretty much convinced of buying one of these Nakamichi soundbar, save a few of the bad reviews I’ve read. I’ve read they don’t last, have connection issues. Also problems with firmware updates, and such. I’m basically trying to figure out if these people complaining may just not know what they’re doing or maybe a defective product that they received. Also feel free to tell me how it works for you, and how you like it

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi guys, I just realized I posted this before in probably the wrong section. I’m brand new here lol. I’m pretty much convinced of buying one of these Nakamichi soundbar, save a few of the bad reviews I’ve read. I’ve read they don’t last, have connection issues. Also problems with firmware updates, and such. I’m basically trying to figure out if these people complaining may just not know what they’re doing or maybe a defective product that they received. Also feel free to tell me how it works for you, and how you like it
Love my 7.1 DTS:X Nakamichi. I've had no issues at all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys, I just realized I posted this before in probably the wrong section. I’️m brand new here lol. I’️m pretty much convinced of buying one of these Nakamichi soundbar, save a few of the bad reviews I’️ve read. I’️ve read they don’️t last, have connection issues. Also problems with firmware updates, and such. I’️m basically trying to figure out if these people complaining may just not know what they’️re doing or maybe a defective product that they received. Also feel free to tell me how it works for you, and how you like it
Love my 7.1 DTS:X Nakamichi. I've had no issues at all.

Thanks so much for your input! Much appreciated. I’m thinking of the 7.1 also, or maybe the 7.2. I’m still researching. This will be my first soundbar system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Apple TV 4k + Nakamichi 9.2

Hi guys I just bought an apple tv 4k, but having a lot of audio stuttering and cutouts, I've tried atmos and 5.1 and doesnt seem to make much difference. I did read that the hdmi cables required could be an issue, so I ordered the belkin ultra hdmi off of amazon, but I'm wondering if it might be something else.

Anyone else have similar issues?

I have the latest Apple TV 4k connected to my shockwafe 9.2 SSE connected through arc on my LG C8.

Edit: Well I switched the HDMI on the nakamichi from port 4 to 3 and I seem to get much more consistent performance. Is it possible that heat created between the ARC port and HDMI 4 port on the soundbar is creating the issue? Only thing I can think of...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi guys I just bought an apple tv 4k, but having a lot of audio stuttering and cutouts, I've tried atmos and 5.1 and doesnt seem to make much difference. I did read that the hdmi cables required could be an issue, so I ordered the belkin ultra hdmi off of amazon, but I'm wondering if it might be something else.

I have the latest Apple TV 4k connected to my shockwafe 9.2 SSE connected through arc on my LG C8.
I had some issues as well...bought the Belkin 8k 48gbps cables for all connections and all is well. I think the extra headroom makes a difference

·
Registered
109 Posts

Edit: Well I switched the HDMI on the nakamichi from port 4 to 3 and I seem to get much more consistent performance. Is it possible that heat created between the ARC port and HDMI 4 port on the soundbar is creating the issue? Only thing I can think of...
Set sse3

나의 LM-Q815L 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

·
Registered
3 Posts
Shockwafe Pro 7.1 2016 Digital Optical In to HDMI Out

Unique question for anyone with the older 7.1.

I'd like to use the Shockwafe in the following manner (for reasons I won't get in to):
My TV is a Samsung smartTV and I only stream from the onboard apps of the TV.
I'd like to take the digital optical audio OUT of my TV, in to the digital optical audio IN on the soundbar (so soundbar and sub get audio then).
BUT I'd then like to take the HDMI OUT (ARC) of the soundbar and run that to an HDMI IN on my receiver so that I can send the audio out to my regular speaker-wire speakers attached to my receiver.

So the question is, does the soundbar distribute the Audio it gets IN on the digital optical to the OUT of the HDMI?

My stuff is in storage while the living room gets remodeled and I'm having low voltage guys pull wires next week otherwise I'd test myself. Just need to know for wiring purposes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A weird thing happened with my Nakamichi, which has been running firmware 33 and working fine for a while now.

I have now zeroed in on settings that I like and stick with them! I decided to do a factory reset for some reason and configured my favorite settings again. Whoa, with the EXACT same settings, after a reset, my soundbar sounds WAAAY better.

In the past, I felt that the soundbar sounded amazing on Shield/Fire TV but not so much on Apple TV - which I blamed on the Apple TV. But now, all my devices sound equally good. Factory reset seems to have done "something"!

- Pure Direct: Dolby Surround
- DSP: Off
- SSE: 3
- Room Size: Medium
- Bass: 06
- TR: 04
- CR: 09
- SS: 04
- SB: 09
- DRC- Off
- 110 Hz
- DIM 0
I chaged my settings to yours and my bar sounds much better. The separation sounds amazing! Thanks

5801 - 5820 of 5939 Posts