AVS Forum banner

5821 - 5840 of 5933 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is this the delay that I should be hearing: whenever I am playing Hulu with commercials...when I start a new show it plays for like 2 seconds, and then cuts out for 2 seconds. After the is plays good until I hit a commercial. It then plays the commercial for 2 seconds and cuts out for 2 seconds. It happens like this everytime I get to a commercial, or it returns to the show I am watching. It is consistent. And then on Netflix when I scroll through the shows, (you know how it plays a short preview). This cut out happens on each one of those previews too. Consistent everytime. This is on a Roku Ultra connected to HDMI 3 on the Soundbar. FireCube TV plays perfectly on everything I throw at it cept for voice sync issues.

But then at times, it works perfectly. I think if I would just let the Roku sit still for 30 or so seconds, when I hear the "click" whenever I hit the remote buttons...that is a sign that the audio will work perfectly.

Hope this all makes sense:):)
I'm having exactly the same issue with Nintendo Switch.
Even just in the menu, if you go through your list of game quickly, it takes some time for the sound to even play, and then it cuts against for 2 seconds.
I don't think that's acceptable nor does it make sense to me. What I know though is that it's a deal breaker as it makes games like Jackbox completely unplayable.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I chaged my settings to yours and my bar sounds much better. The separation sounds amazing! Thanks
Glad you like it! I've had this Soundbar for around nine months now - and have experimented with it quite a bit and finally got to these settings.

Another thing I realized recently was this - when you connect new devices, switch connections, connect a new HDMI cable etc., do a factory reset on the Soundbar. Not sure if it is just my piece or a general Nakamichi issue, the oft recommended "HDMI handshake reset" does not always work as intended.

I always thought that my Nvidia Shield 2019 sounded way better than Apple TV 4K and I blamed this on Apple TV (which I have been using since the day I bought Naka). Recently, on a whim, I reset the soundbar - and configured the exact same settings on Nakamichi and whoa, my ATV started sounding as good as Nvidia/Fire Cube, if not better.

After some more experimenting, I realized that when you switch/change connections or connect a new device, resetting the soundbar seems to make a world of difference!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Anyone tried any speaker placement for 9.2.4 other than the six recommended. Like anyone tried ceiling mount the surround and rear speakers. Will that dampen the atmos ? Does anyone have any suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Initial setup and accessories checklist?

Hello everyone,
Soon to be owner of a 9.2.4 system here, waiting for my order to be fulfilled (early May). Is there a checklist of items to prepare before the arrival of this baby?

I just purchased the Atlantic stands and I read a few posts about Belkin HDMI cables - holy smokes $40 for a simple cable? Has anyone used one of the $20 ones? Like Pacroban 8K cable (can't post links yet)

I don't mind buying Belkin, but what makes that one so special? I mean is not like Belkin is a super brand or anything, so I'd be surprised that somehow they stroke gold in a cable? Anyway, if there's no other cable that does the trick I'll buy it, but just curious.

Most importantly, what else do I need to have for the best start?
Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hello everyone,
Soon to be owner of a 9.2.4 system here, waiting for my order to be fulfilled (early May). Is there a checklist of items to prepare before the arrival of this baby?

I just purchased the Atlantic stands and I read a few posts about Belkin HDMI cables - holy smokes $40 for a simple cable? Has anyone used one of the $20 ones? Like Pacroban 8K cable (can't post links yet)

I don't mind buying Belkin, but what makes that one so special? I mean is not like Belkin is a super brand or anything, so I'd be surprised that somehow they stroke gold in a cable? Anyway, if there's no other cable that does the trick I'll buy it, but just curious.

Most importantly, what else do I need to have for the best start?
Thanks!!!!
Well the belkin cable is hdmi 2.1 do 48gbps speed compared to hdmi 2.0 of 18. So it has mote room if say the hdmi 2.0 was not up to 100% spec. One thing i noticed is the belkin was a tight fit into the port while another premium 2.0 cable was not. A few times of cat knocking it out and i was glad to spend on the belkin.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nervous about new firmware update

Hi All. Hard with 900 pages on this thread to find answers to my particular situation. I appreciate any advice in advance.

I have ‘19 model 9.2 with original firmware. All 4 speakers separately wall mounted vertically. The system sounds awesome in my 13x13 room which has 7.5ft ceilings and two Reg sized doorways.

I have it connected to Directv genie 4K with LG B6 tv

I have zero problems with audio playback For the year plus I’ve had it set up

I mainly watch tv using dtv

I also watch Amazon Prime, Netflix 4K, Hulu, and sometimes rent movies on Vudu through internal tv apps

Question - should I upgrade to newest firmware to Improve listening experience? Will I have playback issues as I have read some have had?

Question - would exterior streaming devices improve video/audio given current situation or with firmware upgrade?

Question - if I upgrade firmware, would it be worth repositioning surround speakers to horizontal position to maximize atmos experience?

Bottom line is I love picture of my B6 and great sound all working perfectly and wondering if it’s possible to upgrade it to atmos without screwing it up

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi All. Hard with 900 pages on this thread to find answers to my particular situation. I appreciate any advice in advance.

I have ‘19 model 9.2 with original firmware. All 4 speakers separately wall mounted vertically. The system sounds awesome in my 13x13 room which has 7.5ft ceilings and two Reg sized doorways.

I have it connected to Directv genie 4K with LG B6 tv

I have zero problems with audio playback For the year plus I’ve had it set up

I mainly watch tv using dtv

I also watch Amazon Prime, Netflix 4K, Hulu, and sometimes rent movies on Vudu through internal tv apps

Question - should I upgrade to newest firmware to Improve listening experience? Will I have playback issues as I have read some have had?

Question - would exterior streaming devices improve video/audio given current situation or with firmware upgrade?

Question - if I upgrade firmware, would it be worth repositioning surround speakers to horizontal position to maximize atmos experience?

Bottom line is I love picture of my B6 and great sound all working perfectly and wondering if it’s possible to upgrade it to atmos without screwing it up
I have a Vizio 2018 M50, with LG UHD player and DirecTV Genie connected to my 7.1 DTS:X soundbar. I use primarily for DirecTV and stream apps (Netflix, AppleTV, Vudu, and Prime mostly) through TV.

Upgraded to Atmos firmware. NO issues at all. Atmos works fine, just do the full reset after upgrade as detailed on Nakas website. I really don't know what other people's issues are, most seem related to Nvidia Shield and Xbox.

I really couldn't be more satisfied.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
215 Posts
Does anyone else have issues with Dolby surround and apple tv 4k. I notice the rear speakers don't work at all if i leave it at Dolby surround have to cycle through and get back to Dolby surround then the back speakers come alive. I like the sound to naka but naka needs to fix these bugs badly about to give up on this sound bar and grab LG offering at least the trade off will be upgraded to 2.1 with no bugs.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Does anyone else have issues with Dolby surround and apple tv 4k. I notice the rear speakers don't work at all if i leave it at Dolby surround have to cycle through and get back to Dolby surround then the back speakers come alive. I like the sound to naka but naka needs to fix these bugs badly about to give up on this sound bar and grab LG offering at least the trade off will be upgraded to 2.1 with no bugs.
I used to have a same problem just like yours.

I fixed it with hard reset. I unplug everything and leave it for more than 30 min.

Magically worked

나의 LM-Q815L 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

·
Registered
215 Posts
I used to have a same problem just like yours.

I fixed it with hard reset. I unplug everything and leave it for more than 30 min.

Magically worked

나의 LM-Q815L 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄
Gave it a shot left it unplug for a hour still same issue but i can have it on dolby upmix or native it work correctly but as soon as i use dolby surround thats it surrounds break.but its only doing it with the apple tv which is odd.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Gave it a shot left it unplug for a hour still same issue but i can have it on dolby upmix or native it work correctly but as soon as i use dolby surround thats it surrounds break.but its only doing it with the apple tv which is odd.

What is your audio set to in the Apple TV?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
215 Posts
What is your audio set to in the Apple TV?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Change format is off and Dolby atoms on. But if i change the chang format to Dolby digital surround speaker work like they should not sure if it's a apple tv issue with firmware but the firmware of my apple tv is.tv os 13.4.5

·
Registered
16 Posts
Guys, I need recommendations for a suitable HDMI cable.

I bought a 5 meters HDMI 2.0 cable (18Gbps) that I'm using to connect my PS4 Pro, but something odd is going on.

Legend:
--> HDMI directional connection
<--> HDMI ARC connection

Chain A:
PS4 Pro --5m HDMI 2.0 cable--> LG OLED55C7 <--Nakamichi included HDMI cable--> Naka Elite 7.2

Chain B:
PS4 Pro --5m HDMI 2.0 cable--> Naka Elite 7.2 <--Nakamichi included HDMI cable--> LG OLED55C7

Now, Chain A works perfectly; however, given that the audio passthrough is being handled by the LG OLED55C7 ARC, that means only 1Mbps audio can be passed to the Naka Elite 7.2, so it's pretty much just compressed lossy DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1. I don't get to revel in the glory of lossless audio formats like DTS-HD Master Audio or 8 channel LPCM.

On the other hand, Chain B is able to handle the lossless good stuff, and theoretically pass the video through to the OLED55C7. Moreover Chain B is what the Nakamichi Shockwafe manual recommends when it comes to connecting the PS4 Pro to make full use of the Nakamichi Shockwafe. Unfortunately, the video passthrough is unstable to the point of unusable. It is very odd in that should I immediately fire up Monster Hunter World (which supports 4K HDR), it might flicker for a moment while negotiating the 4K HDR handshake, but once that sweet sweet HDR logo shows up on my OLED55C7, the signal seems to stay connected and I can play MHW no problemo. Yet if I were to switch back to the HOME screen of the PS4 Pro, and fire up Hulu or Plex or anything else in 1080p that shouldn't even stress the HDMI cable to its 18Gbps limit, it would start to flicker and lose the video signal. I'll still hear the sound coming out of the Elite 7.2 but the video is gone. If I switch the input away (be it the OLED55C7 input or the Shockwafe input) and switch back, it'd renegotiate the signal and I'll get video again for a brief moment (just a few seconds), and it'll flicker again and lose the video passthrough.

In an attempt to identify what exactly is causing this issue, I have substituted the 5m cable for a shorter cable, so Chain B goes:

PS4 Pro --1.5m HDMI 2.0 cable--> Naka Elite 7.2 <--Nakamichi included HDMI cable--> LG OLED55C7

This was able to sustain the connection, although occasionally that flicker and then loss of video happens at the beginning but doing that input switching back and forth would force the devices to renegotiate the signals and then it's all good. So I know what you're thinking, seems like it's the 5m HDMI cable at fault, right? Well, no, not exactly, because when I ran Chain B with Nvidia Shield TV:

Nvidia Shield TV --5m HDMI 2.0 cable--> Naka Elite 7.2 <--Nakamichi included HDMI cable--> LG OLED55C7

It worked beautifully without any issues. I was watching 4K HDR remuxes through Plex from a remote server Direct Playing with DTS-HD Master Audio and it was glorious. HDR was on, audio was lossless and full 8-channel instead of 6-channel Neural:X upmixed to 8-channel. Like I said, Direct Play. And at no point did the signal cut out.

So this leads me to think whatever handles the 4K HDR passthrough in the Shockwafe isn't that robust and is particularly sensitive to everything downstream. My guess is that the PS4 Pro and the cable are both serviceable, but neither one is outstanding, so when it hits the Shockwafe, it bugs out, whereas with the Shield, since the Shield is outstanding, when coupled with a serviceable cable, the Shockwafe was still able to work with that. Nevertheless, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has connected his / her PS4 Pro to the Shockwafe with a long cable, so can any other Shockwafe owner be kind enough to recommend me a cable to work with? I do need it to be at least 4 meters.

Thank you!
Have you ever fix the problem ? I got exactly same issue with my sony x950g , xbx, and nakamichi 7.1.4. What's weird is that it worked perfectly fine before my new x950g broke down on me and when I got replacement that problem started on day one. I've been trying everything I was able to find on line to no avail. My replacement Tv is slightly newer and perhaps has newer firmware that's why I used to blame newer firmware for the issue but now when I find people which the same problem and different TV I believe it's the soundbar problem. Thank you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Fuzzy/static in Audio

Hi Guys,

I have the DTX 9.2 config. 2 mos ago I started getting fuzzy static out of nowhere. It goes away when I restart the unit, but eventually comes back pretty quick. Used to do it 1-2x/mon, now it happens daily. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
179 Posts
What devices are connected to the nakamichi and do you get the static with all the connected devices ?

Hi Guys,

I have the DTX 9.2 config. 2 mos ago I started getting fuzzy static out of nowhere. It goes away when I restart the unit, but eventually comes back pretty quick. Used to do it 1-2x/mon, now it happens daily. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
13 Posts
- Pure Direct: Dolby Surround
- DSP: Off
- SSE: 3
- Room Size: Medium
- Bass: 06
- TR: 04
- CR: 09
- SS: 04
- SB: 09
- DRC- Off
- 110 Hz
- DIM 0
Thank you very much for sharing your settings! Btw, what's your speaker placement and the room size?
I set mine in Dipole 2. Will you advice on how to tweak your settings in this case, please?

·
Registered
11 Posts
New Shockwafe 7.2 elite owner here and have a couple of issues I've been trying to figure out.

Setup wise I have my Roku Streaming Sick+ connected directly to the shockwafe (HDMI 2). And the HDMI 1/ARC connected to my older LG TV (TV is not a 4K TV - just regular HD). I have the sound bar on the "Direct Setting -> Dobly Surround". When streaming from any of the services I seem to get a "Dolby D Plus" stream, but regardless of the content saying it's Atmos encoded - The sound bars status will only show Dolby Surround. I'd expect it to show "Dolby Atmos"..

1. Is this a correct assumption?
2. Am I doing something wrong to not be getting Atmos sound from any of these services?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thank you very much for sharing your settings! Btw, what's your speaker placement and the room size?
I set mine in Dipole 2. Will you advice on how to tweak your settings in this case, please?
My room size is medium.

Not sure about Dipole as my system is a 7.2.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What devices are connected to the nakamichi and do you get the static with all the connected devices ?

Xbox 1X + Vizio. I also noticed a burning electrical smell coming from the unit and then the sound went off. Touched the soundbar - it was hot as hell to the left of the middle logo. Had to unplug unit for 5 mins to let it cool down, then plugged back in. Seems defective.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi.I am brand new owner of a Nakamichi Shockwafe 9.2.4 kit and I am experiencing a strange issue. Without any hdmi cable connected,I am hearing a lot of static noise/hissing sound/white noise. Even when I press the demo button, I can hear the voice saying "left channel, right channel, center channel, etc... like if the the voice is coming from a really old radio with a lot of interference noise. I made sure the soundbar is on the latest available firmware (3.3) and it as been reset many times. Any idea what my cause this issue? It looks like the soundbar is defective...

5821 - 5840 of 5933 Posts