AVS Forum banner

6401 - 6420 of 6423 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Can the 9.2 Naka soundbar do 7.1 uncompressed or only 5.1 uncompressed from an xbox series X? Does anyone know? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
It will do 7.1 uncompressed from an Xbox One X. So I assume it will also do so on the Series X
Does it keep showing LPCM for you? I am using a LG CX and shARC with the Naka to add support for eARC. Atmos works well for me but there is still some delay. I wanted to use 7.1 uncompress but I have to keep rebooting the series X to get the Naka show LPCM but when I open a game it goes back to PCM. Not sure why it loses the multichannel information.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My Naka is in storage at the moment since I am in mid move, so no, I can't check it. However, just because the Xbox is capable of sending 7.1 uncompressed, doesn't mean that the game is encoded in 7.1. Also, downloaded, rather than disk, games use a compressed audio codex.

If you switch inputs mid game and switch back, if it still shows PCM, then the game probably only outputs PCM. One of many reasons to buy a physical copy of a game over a download version.

Edit: ...and there's really no difference between lpcm and pcm. Both send multi-channel information. I wouldn't sweat it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
My Naka is in storage at the moment since I am in mid move, so no, I can't check it. However, just because the Xbox is capable of sending 7.1 uncompressed, doesn't mean that the game is encoded in 7.1. Also, downloaded, rather than disk, games use a compressed audio codex.

If you switch inputs mid game and switch back, if it still shows PCM, then the game probably only outputs PCM. One of many reasons to buy a physical copy of a game over a download version.

Edit: ...and there's really no difference between lpcm and pcm. Both send multi-channel information. I wouldn't sweat it.
Ok I guess I will keep using atmos then. The delay did improved with the shARC but there still couple of milliseconds delay when gaming. At least with atmos I do get 360 surround even for games that does not support atmos.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Are you using the automatic lipsync correction?
Is this a feature on the Xbox? On the the AV sync for audio I have it set 0 on the CX. For the shARC I did not modify any of the side switches. Ohh you mean in the Naka soundbar, I actually forgot it had a sync feature, I will play with it a little and see if I can get the delay fixed that way... Thanks for the reminder.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Is this a feature on the Xbox? On the the AV sync for audio I have it set 0 on the CX. For the shARC I did not modify any of the side switches. Ohh you mean in the Naka soundbar, I actually forgot it had a sync feature, I will play with it a little and see if I can get the delay fixed that way... Thanks for the reminder.

I did actually mean on the shARC. Totally forgot the Naka has it too. Xbox does not have it, as far as I know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Question guys, I use my soundbar inside of a media cabinet ( BDI Corridor 8177). The slats have openings to allow for sound, airflow and ir remote access to devices. While I am able to clearly hear the soundbar within the cabinet with no issues, I was wondering if I am actually hindering its performance. Due to the side firing speakers being inside of an "enclosure". I have not tested the soundbar outside of the cabinet as of yet because it would not look right in front of the tv ( LG 65" CX). In order to do so, I guess I would have to mount the TV to the wall and use the cabinet surface for the soundbar. Am I losing out? Any tips or comments on this? TIA

Attachments

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Question guys, I use my soundbar inside of a media cabinet ( BDI Corridor 8177). The slats have openings to allow for sound, airflow and ir remote access to devices. While I am able to clearly hear the soundbar within the cabinet with no issues, I was wondering if I am actually hindering its performance. Due to the side firing speakers being inside of an "enclosure". I have not tested the soundbar outside of the cabinet as of yet because it would not look right in front of the tv ( LG 65" CX). In order to do so, I guess I would have to mount the TV to the wall and use the cabinet surface for the soundbar. Am I losing out? Any tips or comments on this? TIA
You're definitely losing sound quality. If you place the soundbar on top of the cabinet, make sure to place it close to the front edge to avoid sound reflection off the shelf top.

Another option is to wall mount both the TV and the soundbar. You could use components such as streaming devices and disc players inside the cabinet.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey guys, Nakamichi just setup an official community for all the Shockwafe soundbar owners and they have the ninjas to personally answer the questions there. Seems like they are trying to create a very personalized experience for everyone. Let's support their cause!

·
Registered
13 Posts
You're definitely losing sound quality. If you place the soundbar on top of the cabinet, make sure to place it close to the front edge to avoid sound reflection off the shelf top.

Another option is to wall mount both the TV and the soundbar. You could use components such as streaming devices and disc players inside the cabinet.
Thanks very much for the info. What I'll do is test it on shelf top of cabinet even in front of the TV how it is now regardless if the sound bar is blocking the TV just to hear it. If I notice a dramatic difference I will definitely look into Wall mounting in the near future. If no difference, I'll leave it as is.. because I do like the "clean" look with everything hidden inside. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Thanks very much for the info. What I'll do is test it on shelf top of cabinet even in front of the TV how it is now regardless if the sound bar is blocking the TV just to hear it. If I notice a dramatic difference I will definitely look into Wall mounting in the near future. If no difference, I'll leave it as is.. because I do like the "clean" look with everything hidden inside. Thanks again.
It definitely is a cleaner look but the soundbar is being neutered

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey guys, Nakamichi just setup an official community for all the Shockwafe soundbar owners and they have the ninjas to personally answer the questions there. Seems like they are trying to create a very personalized experience for everyone. Let's support their cause!
Could you please share the link?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hey guys and gals! I recently got the Nakamichi Shockwafe Pro 7.1.4 SSE system, but I get very confused when it comes to CEC and things of that nature.

To preface this post, I'm using a Logitech Harmony smart control remote with the hub to turn everything on/off and to control the volume of my Nakamichi.

It mostly works well, but I'm having two issues:

1. Depending on which activity I start with my Harmony, it powers everything on, including my Naka, but it doesn't change the input of my bar. Is the Harmony not capable of that with this bar? CEC issue?

UPDATE
Out of my 3 Harmony activities, the only one that changes inputs is the activity for my Panasonic DP-UB820. When I start that activity, it changes the input on my Naka. The other 2 activities it will not change the input. So this has to be something with CEC on the devices I'm guessing? Because I now know that the Harmony activities are capable of changing the inputs.

2. After everything has been off for a while and I turn everything back on, I noticed the subwoofer and rears take a bit to connect, and once they do, they don't work or engage. I usually have to put on some content from Disney+ or similar and switch back to our AT&T TV channel/app on our Roku Ultra 2020 before they start working again.

For reference, here is my setup:

TV: Sony A8H OLED
Soundbar: Nakamichi Shockwafe 7.1.4 SSE
HDMI 2: Roku Ultra 2020
HDMI 3: Panasonic DP-UB820
HDMI 4: Xbox One X

My Naka goes out to my eArc input on my Sony TV.

The most used activity with my Harmony is "Watch TV" which includes my TV, Roku Ultra 2020 and Naka. We use AT&T TV for our TV service. When I set up the activity in my Harmony, it asks which Roku channel/app to boot up with. I chose AT&T TV since that's what we normally use when we boot up. Any ideas why the input doesn't get changed and our subwoofer and rears don't engage after we boot up?

Is it something in the order of our activity with Harmony? Is it because it goes straight into AT&T TV and the Naka doesn't have time to engage before content starts playing? Or is this some sort of CEC issue?

At the moment I have CEC (Bravia Sync) on with my Sony TV. It's lso on with my Naka. Because I use my Harmony do I not need CEC on? Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hey guys and gals! I recently got the Nakamichi Shockwafe Pro 7.1.4 SSE system, but I get very confused when it comes to CEC and things of that nature.

To preface this post, I'm using a Logitech Harmony smart control remote with the hub to turn everything on/off and to control the volume of my Nakamichi.

It mostly works well, but I'm having two issues:

1. Depending on which activity I start with my Harmony, it powers everything on, including my Naka, but it doesn't change the input of my bar. Is the Harmony not capable of that with this bar? CEC issue?

UPDATE
Out of my 3 Harmony activities, the only one that changes inputs is the activity for my Panasonic DP-UB820. When I start that activity, it changes the input on my Naka. The other 2 activities it will not change the input. So this has to be something with CEC on the devices I'm guessing? Because I now know that the Harmony activities are capable of changing the inputs.

2. After everything has been off for a while and I turn everything back on, I noticed the subwoofer and rears take a bit to connect, and once they do, they don't work or engage. I usually have to put on some content from Disney+ or similar and switch back to our AT&T TV channel/app on our Roku Ultra 2020 before they start working again.

For reference, here is my setup:

TV: Sony A8H OLED
Soundbar: Nakamichi Shockwafe 7.1.4 SSE
HDMI 2: Roku Ultra 2020
HDMI 3: Panasonic DP-UB820
HDMI 4: Xbox One X

My Naka goes out to my eArc input on my Sony TV.

The most used activity with my Harmony is "Watch TV" which includes my TV, Roku Ultra 2020 and Naka. We use AT&T TV for our TV service. When I set up the activity in my Harmony, it asks which Roku channel/app to boot up with. I chose AT&T TV since that's what we normally use when we boot up. Any ideas why the input doesn't get changed and our subwoofer and rears don't engage after we boot up?

Is it something in the order of our activity with Harmony? Is it because it goes straight into AT&T TV and the Naka doesn't have time to engage before content starts playing? Or is this some sort of CEC issue?

At the moment I have CEC (Bravia Sync) on with my Sony TV. It's lso on with my Naka. Because I use my Harmony do I not need CEC on? Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
I use a Harmony (950) as well. My LG C9 requires CEC to be on in order to use ARC, but I turn CEC off on the Naka. That has alleviated most of my issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: WizeGuyDezignz

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you, I will give this a shot!
I also use a harmony remote and a LG CX, with the naka 9.2. Trying to disable CEC just creates more issues for me. So far though, I have kind of learned the little nik naks and everything is working as should..ie: switching inputs, turning whole system off..turning system on and going to the correct input etc. I'm still happy with the 9.2, I'm glad I purchased the 4 year extended warranty from BestBuy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Should the new Apple Music Spatial Audio/Atmos work if I connect my phone via Bluetooth to the soundbar? From what I understand, it should work with any headphones so I don’t see how a soundbar would be any different? I played some of the Spatial Audio/Atmos tracks but I seem to only be able to output them in Dolby Surround, Upmix, and Native.

6401 - 6420 of 6423 Posts