AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1484 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(sorry if users can't make these threads - a lot of people are buying these now and technical help questions are getting lost in shopping questions!)

237T connected via HDMI to a PS3, via component to HD cable box (may eventually do HDMI to DVI.

I think we all have the "Idea" picture settings. (I may have the name wrong). If someone comes up with differences, please post (I paused live tv, turned them on and off one by one, and noticed no difference).

Component brings in a low buzzing noise for SD tv (turn up your sound, goes away when you mute), but is not there on HD stations. Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions since there is no digital audio in on the TV?

There is PIP, but it has to come from 2 different sources. IE HDMI and component. You can PIP the HDMI input with itself.

Please post your technical questions and findings in this thread

·
Registered
496 Posts
The title of this thread needs to be changed to 'Official 237T' (there already is an Official 537, 437, etc thread here) This thread title will just confuse them

·
Registered
178 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX /forum/post/0

(sorry if users can't make these threads - a lot of people are buying these now and technical help questions are getting lost in shopping questions!)

237T connected via HDMI to a PS3, via component to HD cable box (may eventually do HDMI to DVI.

I think we all have the "Idea" picture settings. (I may have the name wrong). If someone comes up with differences, please post (I paused live tv, turned them on and off one by one, and noticed no difference).

Component brings in a low buzzing noise for SD tv (turn up your sound, goes away when you mute), but is not there on HD stations. Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions since there is no digital audio in on the TV?

There is PIP, but it has to come from 2 different sources. IE HDMI and component. You can PIP the HDMI input with itself.

Please post your technical questions and findings in this thread

I assume that is: You "can't" PIP the HDMI input with itself.

Can you PIP HDMI with the tuner?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbenotti /forum/post/0

I assume that is: You "can't" PIP the HDMI input with itself.

Can you PIP HDMI with the tuner?

Yes. You can PIP any two different inputs. (sorry to clarify, I do mean different types, can't do component and component, or composite and composite).

·
Registered
178 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planet HDTV /forum/post/0

Check the chart below for how Olevia configures PIP information.

I posted the question on the 537H thread, and was told you can use HDMI as the main source, and the TV tuner as the PIP.

I realize the picture doesn't state this.

I didn't think on the 537 you could use a component/component configuration either.

·
Registered
358 Posts
just bought my 237T it OD tonight. i'm looking for a new DVD player and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to which one works well with this TV. do i need an upconverting player or will the TV do the upconversion?

·
Registered
496 Posts

Quote:

was told you can use HDMI as the main source, and the TV tuner as the PIP.

See option two. It doesn't allow you to do this. You could try using option one and then swap.

·
Registered
178 Posts

Quote:

See option two. It doesn't allow you to do this. You could try using option one and then swap.

Correct.

What I'm saying though, is someone with a 537H verified the diagram isn't 100% accurate.

Guess I'll have to get a 237T/537H and find out for certain.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Has anyone registered their 237T yet? I notice that there's no 237T model listed on the registration page.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4fw /forum/post/0

Has anyone registered their 237T yet? I notice that there's no 237T model listed on the registration page.

***Ok, I talked to the guy in tech support, they're suprisingly knowledgeable. First, the 237T DOES have an MTK. Second, the warranty is parallel to the 537's. If they can repair it, they'll ship the part out and install it. If the entire TV needs replaced, you have to ship it out and they cover shipping (i.e. no need to buy a Target or Office Depot warranty).

I have a PS3 but haven't watched a DVD upscaled yet. Will do so and post results this weekend.

Has anyone played with the settings yet? Or used a calibration DVD?

·
Registered
496 Posts

Quote:

What I'm saying though, is someone with a 537H verified the diagram isn't 100% accurate.

No it is accurate (unfortunately)
The lack of PIP flexibility is one of the few things that I don't like on the Olevias. I think the only exception is the '7' series.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Quote:

I noticed this, too. I simply left the model pulldown at "2 series" and then filled in my SN when registering online. Seems like it went through, though I didn't get an e-mail verification (dunno if I was supposed to). I imagine I should call and see if I'm actually registered.

·
Registered
178 Posts

Quote:

No it is accurate (unfortunately)
The lack of PIP flexibility is one of the few things that I don't like on the Olevias. I think the only exception is the '7' series.

Wow. So the information I got before wasn't any good? And I specifically asked with HDMI (main), Tuner (sub) too.

It was from the 537H thread......bummer.

It's too bad the 337 doesn't have enough inputs, or get that. I think I could live with the lesser processor.

Why on earth design a PIP that can't use an onboard tuner?

Oh well.

Thanks.....

·
Registered
496 Posts

Quote:

I notice that there's no 237T model listed on the registration page.

...Oops

Someone with a 237T should probably mention this to them. They probably don't even know.

·
Registered
496 Posts

Quote:

Why on earth design a PIP that can't use an onboard tuner?

You can, that's option one, but you need to use it only with HDMI as the PIP. I think what you meant to say was why didn't they make the tuner more flexible, and I agree. Maybe next year

·
Registered
59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX /forum/post/0

My DVR has PIP, I just use it

The remote for Comcast's DVR box contains a few PIP functions. I can display the current and '"last" channels, that were entered on the remote. The remote is programmed for PIP window positioning, swap and channel up/down, but does not allow window sizing.

You can set up a PIP window through the 237T menu and then initiate another PIP with the Comcast remote, giving you 3 on screen windows. Fun stuff!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by psiber /forum/post/0

The remote for Comcast's DVR box contains a few PIP functions. I can display the current and '"last" channels, that were entered on the remote. The remote is programmed for PIP window positioning, swap and channel up/down, but does not allow window sizing.

You can set up a PIP window through the 237T menu and then initiate another PIP with the Comcast remote, giving you 3 on screen windows. Fun stuff!

The ADD sports fan in me cannot wait until football season with that idea in mind!!

1 - 20 of 1484 Posts