AVS Forum banner

3901 - 3910 of 3910 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
If they were all the same, GJ surely would have provided just one file.
That is exactly why I'm trying to find the software for the 06HD specifically! There is no SWUpdate.tar in the 06HD folder, but all the other units do have one, ie the 03, 04, 04HD, just not the 06HD.

1 Posts
Hi Olive community,
I am having an Olive One device. Obviously, there is no company support anymore. Do you know a way to get the latest firmware for this Olive One? Maybe someone has a local copy to share?
Many thanks in advance.

EJ

·
Registered
1 Posts
Olive 04HD problem(s)

Hello, all Olive users, it would be great if someone could help!
Had O4HD for 2.5 years are relatively OK, with a few minor errors which reboots put right. Now more serious problems. Here is what happened:

1. Started ripping a few more CDs. Got to about 78% and then stalled. Had to reboot and eject CD. Happened a few times. Found that "stray" album titles were left on the HD, by looking at the Olive from the Maestro app on laptop. Some had a couple of tracks in the album title folder, others not. could delete the stray tracks but not the album title. They remain, and not necessarily at the correct place in the A-Z listing. Cannot find anyway to delete these stray album titles. And the ripping is still not working. Would like to get hold of the 2 x recovery files, which seem to be hard to find. WOULD ANYONE HAVE THESE AND BE KIND ENOUGH TO SHARE THEM PLEASE?
/ODB/ODBInstall.tar.gz
/04HD/software_...RecoveryCD.img

2. The 2nd error is the Olive will not recognize the backup external drive, done on the machine a couple of years back. It is on the ext drive, as I can see it from a laptop.

3. The [About my Library] option failed to see the contents of the DB, though this is now working.
4. The Olive would fail to find network connection for a few days, the network was present for other devices in the house.

3 and 4 were fixed by running [Regular System Check] many many times. I found that accessing [About my Olive] and then immediately pressing Home/Sleep button, I was always invited to carry out the Regular System Check!
So errors 1 and 2 remain.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Colin.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My 03HD drive is finally dead. It won’t take anymore discs, I used it a few months ago, or maybe a year ago to rip a handful of CD’s. But today that I wanted to do the same, it just won’t take any disc. It used to take them alone, without forcing them. Now it just won’t do it. I tried to see if there was a disc inserted, but if I press eject, nothing happens.
Can you change the CD drive in this unit? Any drive will work, or it has to be an specific one? is it hard To do? Do you need any special tools? Will it be worth it? I hardly use it. And the Server side still works.

Anyone needs one for parts? Or just to use the server side? I can sell it cheap.

Thanks in advanced for any reply.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,

I got hold of a used 03HD and put my CDs on - all seemed to go well. However it couldn't find the albums one day - I ssh in according to

https://www.lydo.nl/

And I could see all the music files there - and the device reported the storage to be consistent.
When I browse via Maestro - the same - no albums etc -then it asked if I wanted to do a disk check - I did (probably bad idea).

Unfortunately I should have scp them back to my computer...but instead..

I downloaded the restore image file and DBinstall/SWUpgrade and restored from USB.

However at the end I get this message - seems like it can't find KDE and env not set and then on reboot the same.

And I can't get in touch with it via ssh either to see if there is anything I can have a go at fixing (setting env variables etc).

Anyone got any smart ideas? - could the device be mounted somehow etc?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Today I got my replacement CD/DVD-writer. It should have been a CW-8124-B SLIMLINE PANASONIC, but due to some misunderstanding the package consisted of a TEAC drive (model DW-224SL -R83), and when I phoned the company they explained that it also had a SUN number, which must have been used for both types and was the source of the error.

I was not sure, to say the least, that this TEAC drive would work, but the man at the phone told me that I might try it, and if it did not function, I could send it back for the real thing.

So I sat down with my 2nd Olive, which has a working drive, but which is always open and easy to tackle. My music making Olive was left doing what it should do, music making.

Gosh, the operation affected 10 screws, and some special bits, which luckily belong to my standard equipment.

Without much hope I switched the Olive on, and heard the usual purr purr from the TEAC, and much to my relief and amazement, it could read a CD and show what is on it.

So, for all ye poor Olive 4 users, it has a CW-8124-B SLIMLINE PANASONIC, but it also works with a TEAC DW-224SL -R83.

That can be useful information.

Marc
Is it a straight up change of the drive? You don’t need to install formware or any software?
I just order one. What screwdriver do you need to open the case?
thanks!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Flo, thank you.

It made me searching for an replacement of the one used in my Olive 4, which is a CW-8124-B PANASONIC drive. I did not ask Olive about the type, but looked inside the Olive. I guess that if you do so too, you could find the exact type which is used in your Olive.

One of my Olives is chewing for ever on a disk that I feed it, and is very reluctant to give up and give it back. It does not come to a conclusion at all. So, I hope a replacement will help. I was a bit amazed that I could find the exact type after so many years (actually, few, but not in IT speak). Your post made me act.

Did you already try to push the disk somewhat further than is possible with your fingers, f.i. with a match?

Marc
DAMN! Didn’t read yours was an olive 4! Mine is an Olive 03HD!

More wasted money on this piece of s... and I can’t even open the thing! I hate Olive!

3901 - 3910 of 3910 Posts