AVS Forum banner
3981 - 3998 of 3998 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Can someone help me out with my 06HD. It no longer had any audio output, via the head phones or speaker connections. If you access it via the WiFi you can play the music from the hard drive. So I know the software send to work. I don't mind where you are as long as I can get this working again... Please...

· Registered
2 Posts
Я только что заменил старый жесткий диск на ssd в моем оливковом o4hd. Лучше, чем когда-либо! Быстрее и стабильнее. Старый жесткий диск работал. Я удалил его и с помощью моего 24-летнего технически подкованного сына клонировал его, используя специальную машину Linux.
[/ЦИТАТА
Добрый день, могли бы описать детальнее процесс апгрейда. 1. Какой использовали ssd? 2. Форматировали ли ssd в файловую систему FAT32?

· Registered
6 Posts
I have almost given up on my Olive 06HD because nobody seems to be able to repair it for me. One of my electronics guys had a look and told me that I would need the following parts to go on: it's the front panel board and the one ribbon cable where something has broken off - see the photos attached. If anybody has these parts and is willing to sell them, please contact me. I did replace the hard drive but without this 2 items I can't get it going anywhere. Worse case scenario would be to buy another one as cheap as possible and keep this one for spares.
Finger Material property Thumb Font Wrist
Circuit component Computer hardware Auto part Cable Wire
Font Material property Gas Wood Cylinder
Amber Rectangle Road surface Asphalt Metal
Road surface Asphalt Gesture Tar Concrete

· Registered
1 Posts
I have an opus 4 olive, currently having wifi error, not accepting usb, and i plugged in usb to update firmware (press middle key and down key) but nothing shows up, and check hard drive 0byte , please help me, it can't be reset by default

· Registered
4 Posts
New here, I have a Olive Musica that I've used for a long time and recently it just dumped everything. Maybe I did it by mistake as I was multi tasking and using the remote when it happened. I didn't trust it after that and it was only a 160 GB unit, so I bought another one with a 250 GB drive from a friend and started reloading everything, put in about 80 albums and it showed the disc half full so then found this thread and started reading from the beginning, I'm up to page 68 (of 200 currently). Did some searching and found a 2TB O4HD on ebay for not too much with free shipping so I figured I'd take a chance. Just got it today and it works great. Disc ripping with the built in CD drive is very slow (about 11 minutes for a long CD, but that is just the way it is, it came with a ton of music, about half of which I am familiar with. The possible plan is to get a CD drive to connect to my laptop and rip a pile of CD's from a 40 year* collection to a PC and a big external drive and another for backup and transfer the library over to the Olive.

*I bought my first CD which was a Japanese import of Pink Floyd Dark Side of the moon in 1982.

I think the O4HD will work out fine for me, the 3 Musica's I own (one a Rose modded) were fine, but all are mechanically noisy that required remote placement to not be annoying (I'm very sensitive to noise). The O4HD sounds great (inital impression) is not too big, very quiet and looks decent in black.

update: I finished reading the posts (all 200 pages), good info. I see that there are newer solutions that can do similar things. I think I did OK with the 4HD, everything seems to work fine and since it came with 1760 discs already loaded, that saves me some ripping time for the ones I want to keep. I have a antenna on order to be able to do more thing with it. I used a Musica for so long that I'm not used to seeing album art, but that might be nice to have.

Thanks to all the people who contributed to the forum and the Lydo website, there is a lot of helpful information here and there.

Some info and a couple questions, my O4HD has software 4.3.2 and firmware 0.0.

1) for anyone that didn't have problems that has updated firmware from 0.0 to 3.0, did te update cause any problems (If it ain't broken, don't fix it?)

Are the music files on this unit still stored in a proprietary format? There was some discussion that Olive might have changed over to an open format with the later units and a poster said that when he loaded his Olive files from a backup drive to a Naim server they worked fine, is that due to later files not being in a Olive specifc format or because the Naim at around $4,000 is so good it knows how to find them whereas other systems might not.

TIA

· Registered
4 Posts
I've just replaced the old hard drive with an ssd in my olive o4hd. Better than ever! Faster and more stable. The old hdd was working. I removed it and with the help of my 24 year old tech savvy son, cloned it using a dedicated Linux machine.
What model Olive do you have and what is the size, mfg and model # of the SSD you put in? I have a O4HD and was kind of thinking of doing that for longevity. There is some info on line about how SSD's compare to HD's and they didn't have that many years of data since the SSD's are newer, but for the application they were comparing them in, the SSD's were much more reliable (not that modern hard drives are very unreliable, but the one in mine is probably at least 10 years old).

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi..

I bought OLIVE ONE recently and quite happy with it's sound output quality. I started transferring some FLAC files downloaded from internet to SSD drive. But, now I am getting message 'USB HDD NOT DETECTED'.

Is it any virus infection ?

Or, please suggest from where I can download full restoration files ??

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi..

I bought OLIVE ONE recently and quite happy with it's sound output quality. I started transferring some FLAC files downloaded from internet to SSD drive. But, now I am getting message 'USB HDD NOT DETECTED'.

Is it any virus infection ?

Or, please suggest from where I can download full restoration files ??
Here is a good repository of Olive information and files, not sure if any of them would work on the Olive 1:

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,
I have an Olive HD4 which freezes on start-up, and I am kindly asking for some assistance to figure out how to proceed. I get the white "Olive. System starting up. Please wait.." - screen and get no further.

I have opened the device and used the serial port on the main board to get a print-out of the start-up sequence. Problem is, my Unix/ Linux knowledge is limited and I can't make out whats causing the boot to fail or how to resolve it.

I have also tried booting up with a USB flash drive (fat32) containing recovery files (from Lydo, above), but the bootloader can't find my USB so that's also a dead end.

I am including the files here, maybe someone who knows linux can interpret what's going on and point me in the right direction?
  • what is causing the boot to fail? (file 1)
  • any thoughts on "USB device not responding"? (file 2)

Attachments

3981 - 3998 of 3998 Posts