AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41610 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm grateful that some AVSforum members got in. Cant wait to hear your impressions. Anyone else keep checking their emails just to make sure their invitation wasnt late? lol

·
Registered
462 Posts
I know eveyrone is eager to see how it performs both on both blu-ray and dvd, however I am more interested in hearing about the audio section, paticularly decoding the lossless formats and last but not least the discrete stereo analogs. I hope some of the lucky few do focus on this as well.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Neuromancer,

You were quick in getting this new thread up. Nothing surprising in that.

For those that did not make the "Nifty Fifty", (hey, March Madness is almost here, I have no need for a new BD player for a time. The 983/PS3 combo will suffice ), some chosen will decide to forgo the invitation.

If the late, great Tim Russert were around with the whiteboard he would help in calculating the chances now remaining for the uninvited.

Look forward to the evaluation here.

Joe

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
GOOD GRIEF!!!

I picked the wrong two days not to check my emails as I had to sift through HUNDREDS of posts in the other OPPO thread

Congratulations to any and all EAP participants! You are going to LOVE this player. It is underpriced IMO.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac8d4 /forum/post/15915633

I know eveyrone is eager to see how it performs both on both blu-ray and dvd, however I am more interested in hearing about the audio section, paticularly decoding the lossless formats and last but not least the discrete stereo analogs. I hope some of the lucky few do focus on this as well.

That's my primary reason for purchasing this player. I don't believe that I'll be able to discern any differences in BR playback from any of the other 3 players I have. But I'll be comparing this player to my Pioneer 59avi in CD and SACD playback over analog. It should be fun.

·
Registered
17,126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver /forum/post/15915548

So the NDA is over and all questions can be asked/answered correct?

The NDA is not lifted for current beta testers, but as I understand it, members of the EAP program will not be restricted to an NDA.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
I'm in.

Received an email at 8:38 eastern time.

Can't wait to get my hands on this baby.

·
One-Man Content Creator
25,266 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants /forum/post/15915743

The NDA is not lifted for current beta testers, but as I understand it, members of the EAP program will not be restricted to an NDA.

A Mysterious Voice told me:

Quote:
As soon as the players get shipped out to EAP customers, beta users can

talk about their experience.

-Bill

·
Registered
713 Posts
Congratulations everyone! I already found a buyer for my 3 week old Samsung BD-P2500, but now will have to hold on to it a little longer.......

·
Registered
2,495 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants /forum/post/15915733

It is underpriced IMO.

...really? How much did you pay for yours?

Congrats to one and all - Neuro, Smarty, et. al., as above, when are we getting the FAQ for the player updated, regarding SACD performance, specific disc compatibility issues, dualdisc compatibility (!!!), etc.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Congrats to those that got in, wish I was one of you
. Well at least we now know that the official player won't be out till after the 15th of March. I guess I can spend a little on something else I was holding off on just in case the oppo would ship next week

·
Registered
1,209 Posts

Quote:

GOOD GRIEF!!!

I picked the wrong two days not to check my emails as I had to sift through HUNDREDS of posts in the other OPPO thread

Congratulations to any and all EAP participants! You are going to LOVE this player. It is underpriced IMO.

Gee Thanks, kinda thought that might be your take.

I had a thought today. Consider the guy, waiting months for the notice to come. He's off on a trip, business or pleasure, does not check personal email.

Comes home and has not responded within the 48 hour window.

Another one on the list to be updated in two days or so.

OK, I'll stop.

Let this new thread start with interesting thoughts.

Joe

·
Registered
11,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco70 /forum/post/15915731

You were quick in getting this new thread up. Nothing surprising in that.

Well markrubin told me in the early afternoon that I should create a new thread. So I had a new thread created and waited until after 6:00 (enough time for people to stop posting their random posts on the other thread) to list it.

OPPO was also kind enough to send over their product specifications before the site went live, so I was able to get some more information wrote up early.

·
Registered
11,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyve /forum/post/15915271

What happens if it doesn't get 70%?

If there is not a majority for increasing the Early Adoption Program, the program is suspended until another vote has a 70% or higher acceptance rate.

Quote:
What votes, percentages or criteria will determine when the 83 is available for the general population to buy?

OPPO has said nothing about the official release. All information released so far has only pertained to the Early Adoption Program.

I would peg the release of the player to the general public when DVD-Audio is introduced to the player, and at least 90% vote "Yes" to an expansion of the program.

·
Registered
11,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkshark /forum/post/15915890

... when are we getting the FAQ for the player updated, regarding SACD performance, specific disc compatibility issues, dualdisc compatibility (!!!), etc.

I know one of the testers already has a mini-FAQ ready to hit the interwebs.

In terms of full specifications, probably not until the player is completely released. I will be updating the front page periodically to add new information, but I have not really decided on how I will go about picking and choosing which information will be "First Post" worthy.

·
Registered
22,387 Posts

Quote:

GOOD GRIEF!!!

Under-priced by about $200 IMHO. Under-priced by about $3700 according to Denon.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
So, the early adopters could decide to just keep voting no, so there the only ones that would ever have the player?

21 - 40 of 41610 Posts