AVS Forum banner

41561 - 41563 of 41563 Posts

·
One-Man Content Creator
25,147 Posts
My player always comes up in some weird setting where I cant see about 1/4 of the screen around the edges, I cannot set the display to something different until the movie actually starts playing. I have messed with pretty much every setting and cannot seem to fix this. Anyone have any pointers ?
Welcome to AVSForum.

What display are are you using and how are you connected to it? HDMI or Component? Direct to the display or through a receiver or ...?

Is the problem with DVD, Blu-ray or both?

What are your settings under Setup -> Video Setup?

-Bill

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I can add to list of titles not playing correctly rather new Arrow Video US release Mallrats (2 disc LE). .... I sent a message about this to Oppo US support.
Would be nice if Oppo would issue a Java update for the 83s especially since they were taking them in for repair up until recently (not sure if they still are).

I had to take my 83SE apart yesterday and clean the lenses. Dust on them. Got to the point it would not recognize an audio CD and give an "Unknown" error.

·
Registered
774 Posts
My player always comes up in some weird setting where I cant see about 1/4 of the screen around the edges, I cannot set the display to something different until the movie actually starts playing. I have messed with pretty much every setting and cannot seem to fix this. Anyone have any pointers ?
Have you started from scratch and simply run the "Reset Factory Defaults" ?

41561 - 41563 of 41563 Posts