AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 41552 Posts

·
Registered
11,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthemAVM /forum/post/15915109

I also just got in, how much are we saving by being the first 50?

Potentially up to $100 for participating in the program.

I know in the other thread I stated that the Official price was going to be the same price as the Early Adoption Program units, but that is not official.

The $499 to $599 price range is still in effect for the Official product.

·
Registered
11,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4msu /forum/post/15916095

So, the early adopters could decide to just keep voting no, so there the only ones that would ever have the player?

No, there would be an obvious breaking point where OPPO could veto the votes.

Even if they didn't, it would be highly unlikely that the Early Adoption Program users would sequester the BDP-83.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer /forum/post/15915977

Well markrubin told me in the early afternoon that I should create a new thread. So I had a new thread created and waited until after 6:00 (enough time for people to stop posting their random posts on the other thread) to list it.

OPPO was also kind enough to send over their product specifications before the site went live, so I was able to get some more information wrote up early.

As expected your are on top of things.

The idea that OPPO would allow a small group after the BETA testers to evaluate and vote in such a public way without constraints, is a refreshing concept. A new paradigm perhaps.

Good luck with this new thread. If the traffic gets tough we will be here to help.

To all: The OP still responds to questions concerning the 971. Enough said.

Joe

·
Registered
1,209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes /forum/post/15916019

Under-priced by about $200 IMHO. Under-priced by about $3700 according to Denon.

Now let's not get nasty, even if true. / probably true / but I will never know since finding a Denon with a 30 day evaluation policy might be difficult.

Joe

·
Registered
38 Posts

Unbelieveable, I am in "The Nifty Fifty" $499 what a deal! I have watched the thread but never posted and thought I had no chance. Well the Pio 51 goes back to Best Buy. Nice machine after the firmware update. WOW, I am so excited. WHat can I say......

·
Registered
17,126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerdawg /forum/post/15916304

Unbelieveable, I am in "The Nifty Fifty" $499 what a deal! I have watched the thread but never posted and thought I had no chance. Well the Pio 51 goes back to Best Buy. Nice machine after the firmware update. WOW, I am so excited. WHat can I say......

Congratulations and welcome to the best club on AVS... the BDP-83 owners club.

We are now up to 10 EAP inductees... and counting.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Are they still sending out notifications? Or did they do all at once? If so, looks I am a loser on this round. If we have to wait a week for items to arrive at people's house and then another week after that for a vote, it puts us well into March. Don't see much point to this "early adoption" program then.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Just noticed one of the features:

Up to 1920x1080 native MPEG-2, AVCHD, and MKV video support...

When you guys get this awesome baby, can someone confirm that when a USB hard drive in NTSF system will work with oppo, and IF mkv's in H264 DTS 1080p/24 will work.

Thanks

Happy testing....

·
Registered
22,270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by muad'dib /forum/post/15916371

Just noticed one of the features:

Up to 1920x1080 native MPEG-2, AVCHD, and MKV video support...

When you guys get this awesome baby, can someone confirm that when a USB hard drive in NTSF system will work with oppo, and IF mkv's in H264 DTS 1080p/24 will work.

Thanks

Happy testing....

FAT/FAT32 only, no NTFS.

·
Registered
24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes /forum/post/15916407

FAT/FAT32 only, no NTFS.

An unfortunate drawback, but then again, there aren't really any devices like these than can support NTFS.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerdawg /forum/post/15916304

Hey, I think the "Nifty Fifty" was my moniker. Unfair!!!

Congrats, and enjoy.

Joe

·
Registered
11,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by muad'dib /forum/post/15916371

... IF mkv's in H264 DTS 1080p/24 will work.

H.264 is supported when contained in a MKV container. I do not have any MKV with DTS audio. Most of my MKV media use Vorbis (currently not supported) for audio, though I have tested some AC-3 or Dolby Digital encoded files without issues.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHDTV? /forum/post/15916207

I wonder if they did one per State then randomized it from there. That would be interesting to know where you all are from (those that got the EAP invite).

I am from New Jersey and I was selected.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Wow, they let in people from Jersey?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow, unreal...I hardly know what to say...First time poster, long time Oppo fan/multi-unit owner. I have been addicted to this thread, but never would have guessed I would one of the lucky 50. I felt like I won the lottery when my BB buzzed me during a meeting at 5:52pm PST. I could not get out of that meeting and home fast enough to donate my $499. I have never had so much fun anticipating and participating in the release of new electronics. Cheers to Oppo's innovative products and customer service!!!

41 - 60 of 41552 Posts