AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 28879 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by myz350 /forum/post/19526661

Does the player come with the Spears & Munsil High Definition Benchmark Blu-ray Edition DVD?

Not included in price.

It is extra.

Mike

·
Registered
3,138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bweissman /forum/post/19524775

I've had my 93 for 2 days. So far, my only gripe is that the Eject button on the front panel is very hard to find by eye or by feel in a darkened room. It is black on black and almost flush with the panel surface.

The "Eject & "Power" buttons will be addressed in a future firmware release.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've ordered mine and have just one question:

My -83 has been flawless, but I've always been a little concerned about the drive itself. I always felt the drive felt a little flimsy - I know it's just my perception but it has always been a concern of mine. Does the -93 feel any more substantial?

·
Registered
51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perpendicular /forum/post/19526726

The "Eject & "Power" buttons will be addressed in a future firmware release.

That's going to be some mighty "firm" firmware.

Perhaps even a first, to modify physical button visibility.

Can hardly wait.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStew /forum/post/19526775

I've ordered mine and have just one question:

My -83 has been flawless, but I've always been a little concerned about the drive itself. I always felt the drive felt a little flimsy - I know it's just my perception but it has always been a concern of mine. Does the -93 feel any more substantial?

The 93 tray doesn't have the larger front plastic piece as the 83 does, so it doesn't appear as flimsy.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Sending feedback and comments directly to OPPO Digital Inc is important to make the OPPO BDP-93 firmware better

All OPPO BDP-93 owners that have the BETA firmware (pre-release firmware) installed don't forget to email OPPO digital regarding any bugs you find or features you would like added in future firmware releases.

For example the discontinued OPPO BDP-83 has a 24fps DVD feature in the menu that the OPPO BDP-93 lacks. Perhaps if OPPO Digital Inc gets enough emails they may decide to add the 24fps DVD feature to the OPPO BDP-93 with a future firmware update.

The following is a quote from OPPO Digital

When you receive your BDP-93, please send any feedback and comments directly to [email protected] - your input can help shape the BDP-93's firmware further.

·
Registered
11,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
We got it already: you want DVD 24p Conversion.

Stop spamming you rhetoric and bring it up directly with OPPO whom has already begun tracking DVD 24p Conversion interest in an internal database.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer /forum/post/19526190

Changed the text to:

Blockbuster (United States only).

Netflix (United States only. Canada streaming is still going through certification. ETA is early-next-year for Canada Netflix streaming)

Thanks for sharing this one...

·
Banned
5,511 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishak /forum/post/19525754

is there a noticable difference when playing dvds

IMO, as an PS3 owner, the newer standalones (Oppo, Panny, Samsung) have surpassed the PS3 in both SD and HD PQ. The PS3 was killer in the beginning, but the PQ is a tad soft compared to today's players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain /forum/post/19527169

I suggest a ban on humor and requests for DVD 24p in the owner's thread.

-Bill

I'll second that motion.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I think that the new oppo will be a huge hit and be better then the 83. I thought that I was going to have a problem, but it seem to work it self out. its weird, but i keep finding new stuff to renew the interested of the player. here are a few thoughts. I am also posting some thoughts that included from my ealier posting (the other oppo pre-release thread.) as well. as a recap for some that have missed it.

love the duel hdmi imputs. its awesome. I like how I can connect to the tv and use the receiver for sound.

I like how the display is. yes its a bit dark like the other said. I like that it has the display broken up with one on one side and the other on the other side of the disc drive. the lettering is a bit smaller so its fine to use the full and not dim like the 83.

I have played alot of movies and dvds. they look great. PQ and sound is more or less the same or even better of the 83. those concern about that should be fine. this is oppo that we are talking about.

I did fine some titles that were not enhanced for widescreen like the abyss, conan the destroyer, 6 days seven nights, and true lies. I remember having this problem with the panasonic player as well. I am not really worried about.

for some that like to have everything that works. the bdlive works for the most part. its seems to work better with the internal flash more so then the usb unlike the 83 where I had to use the USB for the bdlive.

I am having a minor issue with the netflix, in which is its not very smooth. Its not bad like the sony player problem. still a minor problem. the format for the netflix works nicely. it can choose genre and favoites. most people will be pleased with that.

I just have a simple set up with the duel HDMI. no analogs.

the issues with predators and alien are not present in the oppo 93. things are good to go.

any other questions? feel free to ask.

Jacob

·
One-Man Content Creator
25,085 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob305 /forum/post/19527267

I like how the display is. yes its a bit dark like the other said. I like that it has the display broken up with one on one side and the other on the other side of the disc drive. the lettering is a bit smaller so its fine to use the full and not dim like the 83.

Jacob

THERE IS A DISPLAY ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE TRAY AS WELL?

I haven't noticed that on any picture! What information does it give?

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
its reads the what you are playing with the truehd etc 2 channel. on the oppo 83 all the info was together in one display.

Jacob

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Is there a link to an online manual for the 93 that beta testers and new owners can access?

There is no link yet on the Oppo 93 webpage. Just wondering if the beta testers have access to a pdf manual, or is the only manual available the printed copy you receive with your 93?

I've always liked the ability to study the manual before I receive the player. Makes setup quicker and more informed.

Thanks,

Tom

41 - 60 of 28879 Posts