AVS Forum banner

4161 - 4180 of 5094 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
WHAT??? (LMAO). Not laughing at your misfortune; just the excuse for the delay. Seems like if the label is unreadable, then the delay would be infinite. Anyway, hope it arrives tomorrow in pristine condition.
Tracking says it was the barcode that was unreadable, so it was replaced, then redelivered to the shipping hub. First world problems.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
About 11:00 am CST my order #29156X change to "In Shipping".
Nice, we're at least getting into the right thousands-place order range for mine, hoping it ships early next week.

I suppose I should start looking into getting some UHD discs now. I know there's the store-3d-blurayrental.com site that rents UHD discs, but almost everything has a 'short wait' instead of 'in stock' listing on their site, I'm guessing they're not carrying a lot of inventory. Anyone have much experience with them? Netflix is dragging their feet, I was planning on waiting until they started renting UHD discs to get a player but sort of jumped the gun with my Oppo order.

It's a shame there aren't any brick-and-mortar rental places anymore (well, I'm sure there are probably a few). I used to love the Hollywood Video '$15/month rent as many as you like up to three at a time' deal, it was right on my drive home from work so I could just swap discs in and out as I pleased.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Reactions: Tom Bley

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Got confirmation yesterday, shipped and expected by next Wednesday. Order # 2906xx. Looking forward to comparing with my Samsung K8500. It will be nice to actually have a display on the front. Samsung missed the boat in that department on the K8500.
Are you expecting there to be a "comparison"? lol ;)

·
Registered
135 Posts
So while I'm flying at 43,000 feet crossing over one of our oceanic waypoints (N55 00.0 and W020 00.0) at exactly 18:39 UTC, I get my first FedEx message saying my OPPO UP-203 is scheduled to be delivered next Monday!

Hope Canadian customs doesn't delay its clearance and delivery to my home.

Excellent work from the team at OPPO!

·
Registered
676 Posts
I was planning on doing some screen shot comparisons with the K8500, but a buddy bought it and it's already packed up and shipping out today. See ya!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Are you expecting there to be a "comparison"? lol ;)
Not really. I am looking for the 203 to make the Samsung K8500 look sick. I couldn't believe how cheap it was made, but we did get to watch UHD disks for a few months. If the 203 was out in February, I would have bought one. I figured when the Oppo came out, I would move the K8500 upstairs to use in my second setup or sell it.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Like others in Florida the tracking info I get from FedEx shows a delivery date two days earlier than the original date from Oppo. I hope they don't sit on it for two days and blame Oppo.:(

Reactions: noshank

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
29159X- Shipped!! I didn't bother to check tracking info. I'm sure it's sitting labeled at Oppo waiting for the next fedex truck. Fortunately it's early enough in the day, that it will go out today. I'm guessing Wed, maybe even thursday next week; it has to come all the way across the country via ground. That's fine, all it good!

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Like others in Florida the tracking info I get from FedEx shows a delivery date two days earlier than the original date from Oppo. I hope they don't sit on it for two days and blame Oppo.:(
Oppo: Under commit, over deliver.

FedEx: Over commit, under deliver.

·
Registered
21,193 Posts
29159X- Shipped!! I didn't bother to check tracking info. I'm sure it's sitting labeled at Oppo waiting for the next fedex truck. Fortunately it's early enough in the day, that it will go out today. I'm guessing Wed, maybe even thursday next week; it has to come all the way across the country via ground. That's fine, all it good!
Yeah, my shipping number is a few numbers lower than yours. I have checked my Fedex tracking number a couple of times but, so far, Fedex doesn't recognize it.

Reactions: Carter D

·
Registered
557 Posts
Looks like a few of us had multiple Fed Ex labels created then cancelled. Just got a 3rd tracking number so mine should be going out today.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Is this thread now the Fed Ex thread...? :p

Reactions: Carter D

·
Registered
HT Room: Atmos 7.1.4 with 117" 21:9 AT DYI screen & prism; Bedroom: Atmos 5.1.4 with 55" OLED
875 Posts
Happy Camper! Order 2907xx shipped yesterday around 1:00pm, standard shipping, and FedEx delivered it just before noon today.

FedEx took it on a bit of an odyssey. Went from Menlo Park to Newark to Tracy (why, FedEx, why?) where they replaced my label, too, and then drove it back to San Leandro this morning. It's about 15 miles from Newark to San Leandro, but 40 from either of them to Tracy.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Got my Oppo 203 today! Just got it up and running! Looks fantastic !
Much better than the Samsung k8500 which I also own. Worth the upgrade! Using a Sony 940D as the display.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just got an email from Oppo, which said:

"Thank you for ordering the OPPO UDP-203 4K UHD Blu-ray player. We are hard at work fulfilling all the pre-orders as soon as possible. Please know that while our customer service reps are very knowledgeable about the UDP-203, they cannot tell you on which day your order will ship out. Rest assured, we are on track to fulfill all orders by the end of this week. Once your order ships, you will receive a shipment notification e-mail with tracking information."

Translation: Don't call us, we'll call you.
Why do they keep calling this last week a "pre order sale"?

·
Registered
21,193 Posts
Got my Oppo 203 today! Just got it up and running! Looks fantastic !
Much better than the Samsung k8500 which I also own. Worth the upgrade! Using a Sony 940D as the display.
Congrats! My 203 shipped today. Like you, I will be using mine with my Sony 940D. I hope to be able to route the 203's output through my Yamaha RX-A3060 receiver. That's the way I have my 103 set up and it has worked well. Did you route your 203's output through your receiver? If you did it otherwise, please tell us what you did.

4161 - 4180 of 5094 Posts