AVS Forum banner

4641 - 4660 of 7345 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
New old question:

Just received my UDP-205. Initial tests show that playing DFF, DSF mch files stored on my PC over Ehernet is impossible as I get very frequent dropouts. Playback of FLAC mch files does not show such problems. The whole idea of getting UDP-205 was to use it for playing of mch DSF and FLAC files. I thought that the problem was already solved , at least this was my impression from reading this thread.
Help will be highly appreciated.

Player has latest official firmware.

I must say that 105D had no such problems in the same environment. I was testing 105D a year ago and decided to get 205.

I'm interested in this, as well. In Roon, it downmixes it to 2 channel via USB in.

·
Registered
14,657 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sounds good!

Bill
further to my previous post #4641 re MCH DSF and DFF playback over wired Ethernet some more important info.

Playback of dsf, dff files from my PC over Ethernet is dreadful, I get frequent dropouts, this is happening even without HDMI cable attached . Mch flac files play fine.

My setup for this scenario:
4 speaker setup, sw off, center off, downmix 5.1, dedicated front analog and analog surround outputs. CEC off. I use analog outputs for sound.
Win 10, SMB 1 enabled in order to access share folders from Oppo player.

I hope that this issue can be quickly resolved, from reading 205 thread in avs forum I assume that you must be aware of the problem.

I need to quickly decide if I should keep this player or return it within next 10 days. Mch dsf playback was the main reason to get UDP-205 and without this functionality becomes less interesting to me.

BDP-105D played everything without any problems, but it was win 8.1 two years ago.

--------------------------------------------------

I did some additional testing this morning:

Network - wired Ethernet:

Mch DSF an DFF files - frequent dropouts in various channels at random, sometime in several channels at the same time
stereo DSF - without any problems

It doesn't matter if HDMI cable connected or no. BTW: I use Main HDMI out to HDMI 1 in on my Panasonic Viera plasma 700 series.

same files on USB stick:
no problems with mch or stereo files.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Today I called Oppo and the voice message said as we are winding down and we are no longer taking phone calls and provided an email address to use to reach Oppo.
(2) even if the product is for sale, what is the reasonable likelihood of product support, when they are no longer accepting phone calls.

If the support is there, email would be fine.

But there's been little articulation of what kind of hard resources are going to be available going forward and for how long. Does the parent company offer the workers in Palo Alto space in a storeroom in a distribution warehouse in Houston ?

As much as I'd like a 205, the longer this "winds down" the more I'm inclined to go with whatever the future brings from other sources. The 203 I've got will carry me for awhile.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Under the new beta firmware, the HDR setting labelled 'Dolby Vision' says it will convert the output to Dolby Vision whenever possible. Sorry if this has already been discussed, but does that mean that it will 'upscale' non-DV content to DV? If so, how will that even work? Or is it simply a 'force DV' mode, similar to the 'force HDR' trick for HDR10?

·
Read the FAQ!
35,434 Posts
Under the new beta firmware, the HDR setting labelled 'Dolby Vision' says it will convert the output to Dolby Vision whenever possible. Sorry if this has already been discussed, but does that mean that it will 'upscale' non-DV content to DV? If so, how will that even work? Or is it simply a 'force DV' mode, similar to the 'force HDR' trick for HDR10?
It actually changes HDR-10 and SDR content to Dolby Vision output when possible.

How it works has not been detailed by OPPO or Dolby.
—Bob

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
Beta FW specify

I've said this before -- saying "newest" isn't helpful either at time of post or to look back at posts.
Why? Because there is a public beta and often non-public betas and this usually isn't specified.
So, saying the actual beta version would be specific.

Do you mean this beta?

Latest Public Beta Test Version

Release date: June 5, 2018.
Category: Latest Public Beta Test Release

Main Version: UDP20X-60-0601B
Loader Version: TF0035
MCU Version: MCU203-01-1118
Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Just got the available for purchase email, valid until midnight June 29th.
My link keeps saying: Error - We were unable to validate the link you used. Please be sure to use the link provided in the notification e-mail.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
My link keeps saying: Error - We were unable to validate the link you used. Please be sure to use the link provided in the notification e-mail.

Me too which makes me feel somewhat better that I’m not alone

The email states its a Pre-order

Update: I received another email with a new link that worked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Oppo just sent a second email and link now works! :)

Reactions: mickboy

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Received an email too...does the preorder page indicate when they expect to ship?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,657 Posts
Just got the available for purchase email, valid until midnight June 29th.
Is the price of the 205 listed in the email? Does it indicate when the 205s will be available?

Bill

·
Registered
14,657 Posts
4641 - 4660 of 7345 Posts