AVS Forum banner

4661 - 4680 of 7345 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Is the price of the 205 listed in the email? Does it indicate when the 205s will be available?

Bill
I wonder if the price will be affected by the looming trade war with China?

:)

·
Registered
304 Posts
first link i got worked. placed order. 1299 plus shipping

says "one per customer" and "not for resale".

i am buying it for myself, but i wonder if somebody resells and the new owner calls to activate/ use warranty would it be denied since the buyer on record is a different person? hmmmmmm :confused:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Okay, Its intermittent but here's what I get when media indicates DV, see the pictures below. When I press FF it looks like its using HDR10 for the picture. I just reported this to OPPO
If I remember correctly, the DV layer can't assemble in time when in fast forward, but will begin to work normally again during standard playback.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
So if you did not get an email this time probably not getting one ! Bummer ! I got an email awhile back confirming I wanted one , but did not get one this week ! Am I Out of luck ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
So if you did not get an email this time probably not getting one ! Bummer ! I got an email awhile back confirming I wanted one , but did not get one this week ! Am I Out of luck ?

Keep your hopes up! Here is what I see if I try a second order:

Frequently Asked Questions

1. I registered to be notified - why have I not received an e-mail allowing me to buy a UDP-205?

The notification e-mail will come from [email protected] and are sent based on when you registered to validated e-mail addresses. The last batch of UDP-205’s is coming in 3 waves with the 3rd wave being the largest. We are currently selling the 1st wave so you may receive a notification from the 2 remaining waves.
  2. I did not register to be notified but I am still interested in buying a UDP-205. How can I buy one?

We are giving priority to those who have already registered via special e-mail links. If there are any inventory remaining after those who have registered, the UDP-205 will be made available publicly.
  3. How can I buy more than 1 UDP-205?

Due to limited supply and strong demand, we are limiting sales to 1 per customer. Thank you for your understanding.
  4. I received the notification e-mail to buy a UDP-205 but my special link has already expired. Can I still buy one?

To be fair to others who have registered, we must give them a chance to order a UDP-205 during their window of opportunity. If there are any inventory remaining, the UDP-205 will be made available publicly.
tldr: 3 waves of 205 units coming in. 3rd one is the largest. Units will be offered to people in the order they signed up (and verified).

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am in the same boat; received an email back confirming I wanted one (on May 9), but this week I received no follow up. I wish i could answer your question, but I still have not received a response to my follow up email sent to Oppo yesterday, re-requesting that my order be processed for a UDP-205.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The same here. Hoping!
Email confirmation done in May but no "invitation" to buy.
Nice to know there are 3 waves!
There is still hope.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The same here. Hoping!
Email confirmation done in May but no "invitation" to buy.
Nice to know there are 3 waves!
There is still hope.

And unfortunately there are no more 203's to be had, according to Oppo.

So, it looks like everything is riding on what seems to be the remaining 2 waves of 205's.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Judging from member responses it appears that these notifications didn't begin going out until late in the afternoon of friday 6/22. I'm betting that the ship is in the port and had not even off loaded yet when the ok to notify went out. I bet we will see more notifications going out for early sign ups on monday, tuesday and perhaps wednesday of this week. Many of us signed up as early as the 9th or so of April and confirmed email on 5/9 yet received no invitation. If the invitations are being initiated from the Menlo Park offices, its not unreasonable to assume normal business hours and no work on weekends just to send these out. I'm not going to despair just yet over the weekend. Now, of course, if the shipment was extremely small - say 100 or less units then we may indeed be SOL for the moment.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Judging from member responses it appears that these notifications didn't begin going out until late in the afternoon of friday 6/22. I'm betting that the ship is in the port and had not even off loaded yet when the ok to notify went out. I bet we will see more notifications going out for early sign ups on monday, tuesday and perhaps wednesday of this week. Many of us signed up as early as the 9th or so of April and confirmed email on 5/9 yet received no invitation. If the invitations are being initiated from the Menlo Park offices, its not unreasonable to assume normal business hours and no work on weekends just to send these out. I'm not going to despair just yet over the weekend. Now, of course, if the shipment was extremely small - say 100 or less units then we may indeed be SOL for the moment.
. I would love to know how many total units are coming in , on the 3 waves of Oppo 205s. Wondering if we are talking under 1000 total units ? Should I get my hopes up or not ? Well guess just stay patient and see what happens . Some of the resold Oppo 203s are selling for $1000. Never thought that would happen . People complained about the regular prices of Oppo 203 and 205s but really I thought they were a bargain for what they did , and for the great build quality . You look at build quality of a 4K Blu-ray player by Samsung or LG , they are flimsy . I doubt they sound as good .

·
Registered
269 Posts
I got my email yesterday at 4:13 pm pst, which is quite late on a Friday late afternoon. The order page showed the 205's as being in stock, not a pre order, so after asking the Wife, I put my order in.
I don't know the actual date but I did sign up on the first day that it was available to do so.
Don't fret because I've already have read 4 people who signed up for it are going to relinquish their place in line to someone else, so hang tight and get ready to pull the trigger when you get the unique link for you to buy one.
Again, the order paged showed the units in stock, not pending, so being in Seattle and their in California, I should see it maybe next week.
Mickboy

·
Registered
269 Posts
See the two Reference links I posted at the top of this thread to posts I made in the 205 Anticipation thread regarding Analog vs Digital audio output and how to set up your AVR for Analog input.
--Bob
Hello Bob.
I went through those but my setup is a bit different so I would like to ask your help in my case here as I'm getting the 205.
First, I've had about 7 different 'Universal' players over the years starting with DVD U.P.'s but ended up getting rid of them all due to their poor ergonomic performance in a 2 channel Stereo situation. On most of them, unless you had a tv connected to them, which I don't, they were almost impossible to work with as a cd player in a Stereo setup.
So.....how do I go about setting up the 205 for Stereo analog only, using initially, it hooked up to a tv to customize the settings, then unhook it and put it in my Stereo rack?. I use no subwoofer, just old fashioned Stereo. Audio. I do some sacd listening but mostly Redbook cd's.
Any help will be most appreciated.
Mickboy

·
Registered
72 Posts
I got my email yesterday at 4:13 pm pst, which is quite late on a Friday late afternoon. The order page showed the 205's as being in stock, not a pre order, so after asking the Wife, I put my order in.
I don't know the actual date but I did sign up on the first day that it was available to do so.
Don't fret because I've already have read 4 people who signed up for it are going to relinquish their place in line to someone else, so hang tight and get ready to pull the trigger when you get the unique link for you to buy one.
Again, the order paged showed the units in stock, not pending, so being in Seattle and their in California, I should see it maybe next week.
Mickboy
Yes, that was my observation about the time frame although I'm never sure about the timezone on the forum (I'm in Seattle as well so PST works for me). Additionally the human factor will work in some of our favor as many folk are being overcome by the expense of graduation presents, wives and girlfriends wanting to go on vacation and various other summertime financial priority vacuums! This will only accelerate as we move into July and August! So it is indeed sage advice to keep your powder dry and be ready to pull the trigger! I'm going to take that advice to heart.

4661 - 4680 of 7345 Posts