AVS Forum banner

4101 - 4120 of 6049 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Watched Fury last night. There were 4 or 5 white flashes of full white screen for split second each. Never has happened before...Anyone know what it is?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Watched Fury last night. There were 4 or 5 white flashes of full white screen for split second each. Never has happened before...Anyone know what it is?
Odd. Watched it last week and didn't see any flashes. Maybe it is related to your player?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
213 Posts
Well, I just ordered the Ae8000. I know I'm pretty late to the party, but I've been pretty happy with my AE2000. Still has a pretty good picture.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

I just purchased the AE8000U and was hoping if I could get some guidance on a couple of things.

1. Is there any tests I need to run my projector through to make sure it is working optimally? I'm a complete newb so I wanted to make sure there are no defects on this projector I just purchased.
2. My future plan is to use this with a 120" screen and the manual says the minimal distance is about 12' and max is 23'. Since I have ambient lighting is having the projector closer to the screen more desirable?
3. What ceiling mount do you recommend for this projector?
3. My basement is going to be finished with drywall so I wanted to make sure I put all the required cabling at the location where the projector is going to be mounted. I've never mounted a projector before but are all of the wires usually hidden between the ceiling drywall and the subfloor of the main floor? I wasn't sure if I needed to have the contractor put some sort of face plate for the HT and power. The power cable that came with the projector is pretty long so if the power outlet is a face plate on the ceiling do I buy a shorter cable or somehow hid the cable?
4. What can I do to extend the life of the bulb through usage (i.e. if I pause for a movie for a while is there a way to blank out the projector? is it recommended to not turn the projector off and on to often? etc.).
5. This is more of a surround sound questions but I plan on having the contractor pull speaker wires to the sides and behind where I think my sofa is going to be. What are your thoughts on Ceiling speakers? I wasn't sure how much trouble it was to install those vs having the contractor put speaker face plates and mount speakers to the ceiling.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I too just purchased the 8000 from b&h, I am worried that I may not be noticing something wrong with mine, it appears to be working great. Are there any recommended checks I should do? Is there a set up function for maximum clarity?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
I'd recommend you set the PJ up temporarily to get the right distance and placement from the screen.

As far as cabling goes, you'll need a high speed HDMI cable rated for in-wall placement and power for the PJ. If you plan to have any non-HDMI sources, then you'll need that cabling also.

I'd also recommend installing a UPS such as a Cyber Power to allow the lamp to cool down normally in the event of a power failure. I've experienced that a couple of times.

See Post #4097 for some initial check recommendations.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I'm going to watch FURY tonight i will report back also.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi All,
I have my 8000 projecting onto a 16:9 screen (120"). So I don't have any auto switching enabled for aspect ratios. When watching Mission Impossible 1 (DVD not BluRay) widescreen, it is widescreen but a smaller box on the screen. It does not fill the entire screen. What am I missing?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Hi All,
I have my 8000 projecting onto a 16:9 screen (120"). So I don't have any auto switching enabled for aspect ratios. When watching Mission Impossible 1 (DVD not BluRay) widescreen, it is widescreen but a smaller box on the screen. It does not fill the entire screen. What am I missing?

Thanks
Since you have a 16:9 screen, lens memory is pointless for you. You need a 2.35 screen...then you can zoom out to get the BIG picture...pun fully intended.

If you had a 2.35 screen, image would zoom out and black bars would disappear into the night.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Oh man did I chase a rabbit down a hole for a bone head mistake. Somewhere along the line I swiched the PJ to 4:3 and when I would zoom out to 2:35:1 or auto detection would not zoom the picture out. I tried reseting everything again and was at about wits end when I noticed that it was in 4:3 :eek: We watched a movie the other night like this as I told the family that this is how it is till I can do a full reset in the morning. I loaded the movie in 16:9 and zoomed out a bit to make it a wider, but had huge black bars and drove me nuts. I hate movies in 16:9 as it is, but this was even worse. I actually thought the lens was locked up. Oh man the little things that can destroy you. All good now, I reset everything and oddly enough everything pretty much fell into place for all the shifting I did. I am only mentioning it just incase anybody ever does this themselves. I am sure most all would have checked the aspect ratio, but I just missed it.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Hi All,

Thanks
Old DVDs were recorded in the day of 4x3 TV remember thoes. So Wide screen format was actual a 4x3 image with bars on top and bottom making it 16x9 or 1.85:1 format. They called it letter box or wide screen.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello All,

So I have a question. I have had my projector about a week and it seems to have this kind of glow around the wording. Specifically, white lettering. I tried to take a few examples of what I am seeing just on the startup screen. Should I be seeing this? Or do I need to get another projector? I have calibrated using the WOW disc and no matter what setting it just seems too bright on certain scenes. I wasn't sure if my screen could be causing this or what. It's an old fabric based screen I got at Jo-Ann Fabrics to use with my old PT-L500U. I don't remember it looking like this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
613 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on an 8000. Couldn't pass up this current deal at $1499.

I'm upgrading from a PT-AE2000 that I've had for 7 years, and 2 lamp replacements. This will actually be my 3rd Panny PT- projector. I was hoping to stretch out until 4k became affordable on projectors, but it may be further off than I hoped. I'm expecting big improvements!

Just ordered a bundle of PS3 glasses cheap from Amazon. (4 for $29) If they don't work out, I'll pursue other glasses too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks. Since it's already mounted, I was able to swivel if over a little and project onto my gray wall and it looks the same. So that is what you would call that issue then? I wasn't sure if it was a convergence problem or focus or what exactly was happening. No matter how low I turn the contrast, I still get that effect. You can really notice it in the menu or startup or in the Directv guide when I pull it up.

4101 - 4120 of 6049 Posts