AVS Forum banner

4121 - 4140 of 6049 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Here are some additional pictures with source material playing and some pictures of the image on just my wall.
IS that the WOW calibration disc? I was using it last night. I gotta say that I was thrown to the floor when the Toy Story demo played. I could not believe how vivid, sharp and the detail of the picture. The colors were breathtaking. I have not really watched any animated movies yet other than HTTYD2 and that looked great also. I ordered the Toy Story trilogy last night as I want to watch it full length.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Here are some additional pictures with source material playing and some pictures of the image on just my wall.
I believe there was a guy in the 7000 thread that has the exact same symptoms as yours!....Weird excessive blooming around bright images even though the contrast is set correctly... Not sure exactly what causes it, but it should definitely should be returned or serviced, unfortunately..

·
Registered
399 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on an 8000. Couldn't pass up this current deal at $1499.

I'm upgrading from a PT-AE2000 that I've had for 7 years, and 2 lamp replacements. This will actually be my 3rd Panny PT- projector. I was hoping to stretch out until 4k became affordable on projectors, but it may be further off than I hoped. I'm expecting big improvements!

Just ordered a bundle of PS3 glasses cheap from Amazon. (4 for $29) If they don't work out, I'll pursue other glasses too.
Yep I'm getting one too! This will be my first projector ever. Thank you Federal Tax Return!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Did you try bringing the lamp down to Eco mode?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yep. Unfortunately that is what I had it in most of the time. Tried changed it to Normal mode, tried resetting the projector a couple of times. Nothing seems to fix it. Guess I will be contacting Projector People tomorrow. I have had it a week though so I am passed their 10 hour mark. So I take it that means they won't do the exchange and will have to go through Panasonic??

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Yep I'm getting one too! This will be my first projector ever. Thank you Federal Tax Return!
Tax return, what is that? I was talking with people at work and some are getting back $7K one guy said $14K and I have to pay and some years we are lucky and get a grand back.

·
Banned
8,184 Posts
Tax return, what is that? I was talking with people at work and some are getting back $7K one guy said $14K and I have to pay and some years we are lucky and get a grand back.
exact same [email protected] I dont get it...how do they get these huge returns??

·
Registered
4,370 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
exact same [email protected] I dont get it...how do they get these huge returns??
I'm amazed at how many people have their Federal withholding set way too high. Ideally you should be getting nothing to a small amount back otherwise you're just giving uncle sam an interest free loan for a year.
Well this is probably the last year I get a decent chunk of change back. I was a full time student and worked full time last year so I'm getting like $700 federal return + $1900 education credit. Some will pay down some loans but the rest went to this projector :D

PS, Amazon is now selling it for $1699 but B&H Photo still has it for $1499. Maybe that will help someone.

·
Registered
399 Posts
also Amazon is NOT an authorized dealer
Last I checked, Amazon was selling from Visual Apex, which is an authorized dealer, unless I'm wrong. But yeah BH rocks and is offering a 3 year warranty with it.

Hey where are you guys getting glasses for this thing these days? Are there no name brand ones that will work for a decent price? Unless I can get glasses real cheap I probably won't even worry about doing 3D.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Those pictures look like when people back up one translucent fabric with anything other than black behind it. Your screen layer either has to have a blackout layer in it, or every surface behind the screen has to be black.

Is it one of those white/silver multi-layer spandex DIY problems? They look like that.

Chris

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Last I checked, Amazon was selling from Visual Apex, which is an authorized dealer, unless I'm wrong. But yeah BH rocks and is offering a 3 year warranty with it.

Hey where are you guys getting glasses for this thing these days? Are there no name brand ones that will work for a decent price? Unless I can get glasses real cheap I probably won't even worry about doing 3D.

The PS3 glasses will work fine. Maybe not the most comfortable but they're CHEAP.;)
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_6?url=search-alias=electronics&field-keywords=ps3+3d+glasses&sprefix=PS3+3D,electronics,243

Ed

·
Registered
11 Posts
Those pictures look like when people back up one translucent fabric with anything other than black behind it. Your screen layer either has to have a blackout layer in it, or every surface behind the screen has to be black.

Is it one of those white/silver multi-layer spandex DIY problems? They look like that.

Chris
I don't think that is the issue. The fabric I got from JoAnn's was some sort of blackout cloth. I bought it after recommendations from this forum way back then. Behind the screen is just the wall which is painted a dark gray/blue color. I fired up my old project (Panasonic PT-L500U) and you can see from these images using the same source material I think it is definitely the projector and not the screen. Contacted Projector People and they are going to review my pics.

Attachments

·
Banned
8,184 Posts

i would check on that...because the receipt is going to be amazon...since its "fullfilled by amazon" this could not be covered by panasonic...they are the warranty Nazi's

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
...this could not be covered by panasonic...they are the warranty Nazi's
I purchased my 8000 from Amazon on release and when I found out that Amazon wasn't on the "approved" dealers list, I contacted Amazon about warranty coverage from Panasonic and they assured me Panasonic would honor the warranty. I needed warranty service and had zero problems dealing with Panasonic and their national support center located in Kansas.

4121 - 4140 of 6049 Posts