AVS Forum banner

6101 - 6119 of 6119 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Since I believe all the HDMI inputs on the 8000 have all the same capabilities and specs, I would just move everything over to HDMI 2 and call it good.
I agree. HDMI 1 failed on mine as well and I just moved over to HDM 2. And hey, if that fails, there's always HDMI 3 ;)

·
Registered
969 Posts
So I just got my new lamp in the mail today however it won't fit into my projector.

After trying for a while and then inspecting it, it was apparent what the problem was.

The plug on my old one has the pointy corner in the top right of the right side of the plug.

The new one has the pointy corner in the bottom right side of the plug.

You can also see from the pics the connectors are different colors. You can see on the second pic too how the top right of the plug has a mark, because I was trying to push it onto the edge that it can't fit onto.

Has anyone experienced this and figured out a way to make it fit?

·
Registered
16,282 Posts
Is it not a genuine Panasonic brand lamp? Did the new air filter at least fit?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Is it not a genuine Panasonic brand lamp? Did the new air filter at least fit?
To my knowledge it is a genuine Panasonic brand lamp. Everything about it looks identical to mine. It came in a Panasonic box with the double box packaging and had Panasonic installation instructions. It did come with the filters but I haven't installed those yet as the instructions said to do the lamp first.

·
Registered
16,282 Posts
Certainly not ideal, but one possibility is to modify it with a razor knife (like a heavy duty box cutter. . . the kind carpet layers use to trim carpet).

·
Registered
16,282 Posts
Can you unscrew the module from the old, dead lamp and put it in the new one? Its not like you need it any more. [like that screw I see next to it.] Some soldering may be needed, not sure.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I am wondering if this could indeed be a legit Panasonic bulb assy, but for the European version with different voltage requirement? In that case, modifying it to make it seat, could be a very poor idea....Anybody on this thread located in Europe with the 6000 model able to chime in by chance?....

·
Registered
969 Posts
Can you unscrew the module from the old, dead lamp and put it in the new one? Its not like you need it any more. [like that screw I see next to it.] Some soldering may be needed, not sure.
I was thinking about that and possibly trying to slide the 2 pins out of the old connector and new one and just swapping them. But it doesn't look like it will be quite as simple as I had hoped. I make harnesses for various arcade games I have that use molex plugs and these pins look similar in size, but I don't have a tool to extract them.

If I can just slice the edge of the connector to make room and can verify it is indeed a legit Panasonic bulb, and like understand why this could have happened, then I'd just do that.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I am wondering if this could indeed be a legit Panasonic bulb assy, but for the European version with different voltage requirement? In that case, modifying it to make it seat, could be a very poor idea....Anybody on this thread located in Europe with the 6000 model able to chime in by chance?....
Well, from everything that I can tell from any and all sellers of the ET-LAA410 bulb assy, they all seem to be for both the U.S. version AE-8000, as well as AT-6000... I can't seem to find any special designation by anyone stating of a difference. So, that theory of mine appears to be incorrect.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Ok, I think I may know what is going on with your lamp assy. I totally think that the PT-AE7000 lamp assy was incorrectly put in the 8000 box... Well, I suppose that it still could be that the wrong housing connecter plug was installed on the 8000 lamp... but since these 2 models were essentially identical, they both use the exact same housing.. but since the the lamp lumen and lamp wattage specs are slightly different between the models, Panasonic inverted the connector and changed its color to make sure you don't accidentally put in the wrong spec'd bulb in....

·
Registered
969 Posts
So anyone have any stores they recommend that sell genuine replacement 8000 lamps? I am looking at B&H because that is where I got mine back in 2017, but the price raised to $399 (from 371) and now they charge tax. I had found some other shops with cheaper prices but I am just not sure if they are selling genuine lamps or not so I'm just skeptical of it.

·
Registered
16,282 Posts
By my read that is a genuine lamp, not say a rock, spoon, or piece of paper. ;)

It is made for the Panasonic PTAE8000. . . by another company: Platinum Lamps.

Paraphrased "People should look out for fakes and here's a video for you to trust us." [I didn't watch it.]

It does not come with an extra filter and according to Panasonic the filter should be replaced, even if it has been regularly cleaned, at the same time the lamp is replaced.

Last I looked into it the Panasonic brand lamps, complete with a new filter and the correct "Red Rich" color balance, can be bought from Panasonic Parts, AGI, B & H photo video, and Provantage.

·
Registered
969 Posts
By my read that is a genuine lamp, not say a rock, spoon, or piece of paper. ;)

It is made for the Panasonic PTAE8000. . . by another company: Platinum Lamps.

Paraphrased "People should look out for fakes and here's a video for you to trust us." [I didn't watch it.]

It does not come with an extra filter and according to Panasonic the filter should be replaced, even if it has been regularly cleaned, at the same time the lamp is replaced.

Last I looked into it the Panasonic brand lamps, complete with a new filter and the correct color balance, can be bought from Panasonic Parts, AGI, B & H photo video, and Provantage.
I don't see how you can get all of that from the link. It said that it is a genuine OEM in manufacturer packaging.

And it doesn't say whether it does or doesn't come with the filter.

So that Audio General Inc site is legit? The site looks very old and out of date so that always sketches me out. The price is pretty cheap there compared to the others, and it looks like it doesn't charge for shipping or tax, which saves some money too.

EDIT:

Looking at that link above, it actually looks like there are listings for 2 different lamps on there.

One for the Panasonic one, and one for the Platimum Lamps one.

And they both say preorder.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have 5k hours on the replacement and no issues at all. Looked as good as the OEM and great fit and finish. No new filter though...

·
Registered
16,282 Posts
Thanks. It is Panasonic, with their trademarked font logo and everything, as I thought!
Although the photos no longer exist in the adjacent posts, this comment I wrote ealier in the thread refers to the fact that genuine Panasonic ET-LAA410 lamps have the word "Panasonic" in their trademarked font logo printed right on the glass lamp itself. They are said to be "Red Rich" in their color balance and Panasonic's color filter was designed with the assumption that this lamp is being used.

Here is a pic of my lamp assembly from an earlier Panasonic pj, PTAE4000, showing what I'm talking about:

·
Registered
969 Posts
I just got my new replacement lam from AGI yesterday (fantastic service BTW) and checked my old lamp that I took out.

I did see that Panasonic watermark on the lamp with the number HS200AR08-4A underneath of it. It doesn't say "Made in China" on it though, but has that HG logo too.

·
Registered
16,282 Posts
Hg is the atomic symbol for mercury.

6101 - 6119 of 6119 Posts