AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1569 Posts

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
@alebonau

How do you find the mage quality of the UB9000 in relation to your 205? :)
havent compared directly as yet sorry, plan and intend to do at some stage. but no complaints from me at this stage with the ub9000 its detailed, crisp, rich and punchy in colours good dynamic range etc. nothing to grizzle about image quality wise...

·
Registered
141 Posts
havent compared directly as yet sorry, plan and intend to do at some stage. but no complaints from me at this stage with the ub9000 its detailed, crisp, rich and punchy in colours good dynamic range etc. nothing to grizzle about image quality wise...
Again this question... hihihihi....

I can't compare with the 205... but I can compare with the 203... and the Cambridge Audio.... and the Sony X-800... :D

On both C8 OLED and 4k Projector... :D

Not a great difference on 4K HDR PQ between players on my last gen OLED...

Where I see a visible difference between the UB9000 and the trio of Mediatek based players is on:
1) Tone mapping with lamp PJ; there the UB9000 is superior.
2) Upscaling of SD DVD. Keep in mind that both the Oppo and the CXUHD are no slouch... but when I watch some upscaled DVDs from the Panny i can't believe to my eyes... maybe is just placebo effect... maybe not...

For general use, on modern displays, all my players are excellent... in this age, PQ questions looks just silly... people just believe to see differences that are not there, and don't see the real differences that are minuscule...

BTW: i Love my UB9000 :D

Attachments

·
Registered
711 Posts
Does the 9000 work with my SONY 930E TV-DV Low Latency profile-

Before I purchase the 9000 I would first need to know if it works with my SONY 4K TV (my 65 inch 930E) and it's Dolby Vision implementation-Low Latency profile.
The Pioneer Elite lx500 does work with my SONY TV (it states it in the specifications that it works with Dolby Vision/Low Latency profile on SONY 4K Tv's)
but does the Panasonic 9000 also work ????

Please respond.

·
Super Moderator
16,149 Posts
Before I purchase the 9000 I would first need to know if it works with my SONY 4K TV (my 65 inch 930E) and it's Dolby Vision implementation-Low Latency profile.
The Pioneer Elite lx500 does work with my SONY TV (it states it in the specifications that it works with Dolby Vision/Low Latency profile on SONY 4K Tv's)
but does the Panasonic 9000 also work ????

Please respond.
Yes. All of the newer players must support them.

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Panasonic released a firmware update for the UB820 a couple of months ago and that update added the necessary Sony Low Latency Dolby Vision profile. Sony Extreme TV owners have ben using the UB820 with their TVs for several months now.

Robert has already stated that the UB9000 already has the newer firmware and support for the Sony DV profile.

Mark

Reactions: aflorida

·
Premium Member
12,500 Posts
Container still in route, expected shipping day is next Wed.

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
So, Rtings says my Sony TV's peak HDR luminance is about 1,200 nits. Would that be the MEDIUM LCD setting on the UB9000's Display Type setting?

Mark

·
Premium Member
12,500 Posts
Most of us are waiting on this weeks VE shipment.

·
Registered
454 Posts
According to the manual:

Analogue Volume (dB)
This adjusts the volume of all the analogue
AUDIO OUT terminals.

In my present system, my powered analog speakers are connected directly to my Oppo 103's analog outputs. And the Oppo remote changes the volume of those analog outputs.

Is there a way to use the Volume button on the Panasonic 9000's remote to control the volume of the 9000's analog outputs (like the Oppo does) ?

Thanks. This is my only roadblock to upgrading from my 103 to the 9000. I'm eager for 4K.

Scott

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
care to share your thoughts ? found anyways to do anything with front display. or any insights regarding the audio clarity business :)
The picture and sound quality are outstanding. I have not noticed a lot of differences between this unit and the UB900 that I previously owned - although it seems to load faster (at least the tray opens quicker). It's quiet - no noticeable fan noise. Very well built. I found no way to change the front display (it just shows the movie's elapsed play time). I've noticed that a few times after pausing, the screen stays showing the basic disc information in the top middle/right for longer than it should as the movie resumes playing. Not sure what high clarity sound is all about.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I have a problem with my UB9000.
On a Dolby Vision disc (Jumanji 4k) every now and then some picture artifacts are shown and right after I get severe lip sync problems with Audio. Bitstream audio is sent via HDMI Audio to my audio processor. If I restart the player or push Stop and then Play the lip sync problem goes away. I never saw this with my Oppo 203.

Post note:
I am using the ARC port on my TV for the HDMI (CEC is disabled). I wonder if this matters (i.e. potential negative impact).

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Can someone please give me the height of the 9000 including feet. I am adjusting my rack for it. I came across a document that said 81mm, which is 3.2”. Seems a bit taller in the photos. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
16,149 Posts
Please keep the shipping notices to the Anticipation thread and technical discussion and questions for owner's in the owner's thread.

Reactions: OzHDHT

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I have a problem with my UB9000.
On a Dolby Vision disc (Jumanji 4k) every now and then some picture artifacts are shown and right after I get severe lip sync problems with Audio. Bitstream audio is sent via HDMI Audio to my audio processor. If I restart the player or push Stop and then Play the lip sync problem goes away. I never saw this with my Oppo 203.
hi extreman, I dont use dolby vision, but I'd suggest be sure to let panasonic know. I would lodge as a fault. that said are you splitting audio / video across hdmi ? that usually results in audio / video not being in synch given the different processing time of audio vs video. not a problem see with audio and video going via the processor. but that doesnt explain the picture artefacts.

Can someone please give me the height of the 9000 including feet. I am adjusting my rack for it. I came across a document that said 81mm, which is 3.2”. Seems a bit taller in the photos. Thanks.
I just checked for you it is indeed 81mm :) it probably just looks bigger than it is with the photos :) its quite a slim line player but quite a chunky thing, like been chiseled from a block of metal !

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
hi extreman, I dont use dolby vision, but I'd suggest be sure to let panasonic know. I would lodge as a fault. that said are you splitting audio / video across hdmi ? that usually results in audio / video not being in synch given the different processing time of audio vs video. not a problem see with audio and video going via the processor. but that doesnt explain the picture artefacts.

I just checked for you it is indeed 81mm :) it probably just looks bigger than it is with the photos :) its quite a slim line player but quite a chunky thing, like been chiseled from a block of metal !
Thanks for checking Alebonau!

21 - 40 of 1569 Posts