AVS Forum banner

901 - 920 of 1427 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
I just ordered the Panasonic DP-UB9000 and I will hopefully get it by 10/17. Wondering what the build date will be, for those who already own it: did you notice a date anywhere on the package or player? I already added this player to my Harmony Elite remote 😊 My TV is a Samsung 82" Q90R and my family and I simply love it. The player I am using right now is the Oppo UDP-203. What convinced me to get the UB9000 was less banding I see and read in the reviews, also the HDR Optimizer. Will see and will report how this works out with my setup.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi, some one here have some experience with seting on UB9000 and JVC Frame HDR Adaptation...?

Thank you
Yes I have the RS1000 with the new 3.10 firmware. To use the frame FRAME ADAPT the HDR OPTIMIZER in the PANNY is supposed to be turned OFF. The FRAME ADAPT addition is significant improvement in HDR picture quality.

·
Registered
443 Posts
audio volume control

I presently have an Oppo 103D, so I am considering the 9000 for its 4K video and audio capabilities. I have powered monitors (speakers) connected to the Oppo 103D, so the 103D directly controls the volume of the speakers using the Volume buttons on the Oppo remote.

For the Panasonic 9000, is there a way to get it to do the same thing? I know that the volume button on the Panasonic remote doesn't do that (it is trying to control a TV volume). But I see in the menu system that buried down several layers there is the ability to change the volume of all of the speakers simultaneously. It would be nice if that feature could be mapped to the 9000's volume button. Otherwise, I'd need to see if a Harmony can control the menu options that deep.

Thanks for any insights,

Scott

·
Registered
264 Posts
I received my UB9000 two days ago and so far I am a very happy camper. Coming from Oppo 203 I do like the additional HDR options and settings. Tried regular Blu-ray with fantastic results, 4k HDR10 and HDR10+ do look breathtakingly good. All discs so far played without any hiccups. Not using the apps on the UB9000 at all.

There are six peak white settings, for now I left the setting to medium to high luminance for my Samsung Q90R. Since this TV offers up to 2800 nits I wonder if I have any benefits using the "super high luminance" option?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I received my UB9000 two days ago and so far I am a very happy camper. Coming from Oppo 203 I do like the additional HDR options and settings. Tried regular Blu-ray with fantastic results, 4k HDR10 and HDR10+ do look breathtakingly good. All discs so far played without any hiccups. Not using the apps on the UB9000 at all.

There are six peak white settings, for now I left the setting to medium to high luminance for my Samsung Q90R. Since this TV offers up to 2800 nits I wonder if I have any benefits using the "super high luminance" option?
The specs I saw for that TV said ~1300 nits (rtings), which is still great. That TV lands in between the "middle-high" (1000 nits) and "super high" (which is 1500 nits) options... your "benefit" is proper tone mapping for HDR content. "Super high" might make things a little darker.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Enjoying my Panasonic UB9000 with my JVC RS1000. I originally purchased the UB820 but decided the additional benefits from the UB9000 paired with my JVC projector were worth the upgrade...not too mention the build quality improvements. I used the manufacturer white sheet recommended settings for the JVC projector and Pani UB9000 and found improved image over the UB820 which lacks those specialized settings for JVC NX/RS projectors. Although improvements are stated as being even better if paired with the higher end models NX7/NX9. I first setup the UB9000 as I had done on the UB820. Then i setup as advised on the white sheet as advised by JVC and Pani. I noticed increased detail in shadows and in brighter scenes...such as cloud outlines. Also I feel like facial or skin tones are more defined. I currently use the UB820 on a 55 inch tv. I have had no issue streaming 4K or atmos. I use a fiber cable for my projector and certified 4K hdmi (the UB820) for my tv. I run it through a Denon X8500H to my projector and direct to my tv (the UB820). I have owned the UN9000 for about a month now and am really impressed. I hope but have no idea if Panasonic will add more standard apps like Vudu, MoviesAnywhere, Apple TV +, Disney +.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just returned the 820 and ordered the 9000...super impressed with the 820 connected to JVC NX-7, but 820 does not have a backlit remote. Wife says, "you spent $500 more for a remote". YUP.
Not sure if anyone else on this forum is aware or not, but if you had the prior "flagship" the UB700, its backlit remote is fully compatible and works most of the functions on the 820. It even gives you extended disc info data with max nit levels etc, that the native 820 remote does not.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Not sure if anyone else on this forum is aware or not, but if you had the prior "flagship" the UB700, its backlit remote is fully compatible and works most of the functions on the 820. It even gives you extended disc info data with max nit levels etc, that the native 820 remote does not.
You mean the UB900? Or was the model UB700 elsewhere? Yeah the remote is nearly identical - just missing the HDR button.

I just use my harmony though. I would definitely recommend it for a home theater!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Enjoying my Panasonic UB9000 with my JVC RS1000. I originally purchased the UB820 but decided the additional benefits from the UB9000 paired with my JVC projector were worth the upgrade...not too mention the build quality improvements. I used the manufacturer white sheet recommended settings for the JVC projector and Pani UB9000 and found improved image over the UB820 which lacks those specialized settings for JVC NX/RS projectors. Although improvements are stated as being even better if paired with the higher end models NX7/NX9. I first setup the UB9000 as I had done on the UB820. Then i setup as advised on the white sheet as advised by JVC and Pani. I noticed increased detail in shadows and in brighter scenes...such as cloud outlines. Also I feel like facial or skin tones are more defined. I currently use the UB820 on a 55 inch tv. I have had no issue streaming 4K or atmos. I use a fiber cable for my projector and certified 4K hdmi (the UB820) for my tv. I run it through a Denon X8500H to my projector and direct to my tv (the UB820). I have owned the UN9000 for about a month now and am really impressed. I hope but have no idea if Panasonic will add more standard apps like Vudu, MoviesAnywhere, Apple TV +, Disney +.
Have you tried out the new JVC firmware that adds DTM? If so curious on your thoughts comparing the DTM with the specialized settings.

·
Registered
158 Posts
After researching the Panasonic remote (820 and 9000) is causing led backlight flicker on the Sony occasionally.
Pressing eject,power and internet buttons on the remote will activate the flicker. I am curious if there is a way to eliminate this issue? Changing codes on the remote is not eliminating this issue.
Turning off Viera control in the system menu fixed this issue.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Just as any fyi to other 9000 owners. I’ve got about 80 UHD disks and upon purchase, about 4 of them had playability issues on the 9000. The disks played fine on the Samsung 8500. I exchanged those disks and and had recurrent issues with 2 of the 4 in similar spots on the disk. Replaced again and got playable copies.

I found mention in the thread of the 9000 benefiting from “leveling”. Mine needed it. The disk I had trouble with yesterday played perfectly afterwards.

Stabilize and level. My 9000 wobbled a bit between the 4 pads and I need to shim it up on the right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
I posted this in the anticipation thread the slim5 rack faceplate sets it off nicely..

Art
Art, can you give any more info about the rack mounting in this pic?

Is it a Middle Atlantic with custom dimensions given? I couldn't find the 9000 in their database, and I'm not that excited about filling out a dimension form and hoping for the best.

I've got a 9000 coming next week from B&H and its got to look pretty in the rack ;p

·
Registered
408 Posts
I’ve upgraded from the 820 to the 9000 since the end of August. And worth every penny. No issues til this week. I had a dual hdmi setup.
Video to new 2019 VIZIO PX75. Audio to Marantz SR8012 7.2.4 system.

I’m not getting full audio channel feed to the AVR.. just stereo.

But when I go back to single hdmi.
Everything works fine. Getting DV/Atmos/DTS-X etc.

Did a reset from the menu and unplugged and replugged..Didn’t work.

Any suggestions or recommendations??? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24,690 Posts
Art, can you give any more info about the rack mounting in this pic?

Is it a Middle Atlantic with custom dimensions given? I couldn't find the 9000 in their database, and I'm not that excited about filling out a dimension form and hoping for the best.

I've got a 9000 coming next week from B&H and its got to look pretty in the rack ;p

I filled out the form and it came out unbelievably good actually but it's odd that it isn't in the database now. Perhaps if you call them and tell them to duplicate exactly what they did for me they would have saved the work.

I gave them the following dimensions/info:

Panasonic DP UB 9000
w 430mm
H 74mm
WF 82MM
FH 8mm

Art

·
Registered
264 Posts
I’ve upgraded from the 820 to the 9000 since the end of August. And worth every penny. No issues til this week. I had a dual hdmi setup.

This is not good news... I have the player only 10 days now and also have a dual HDMI setup working great so far. Let us know when you find out what's causing this.

·
Premium Member
3,358 Posts
Probably in your setting

·
Registered
162 Posts

Any suggestions or recommendations??? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Marantz AV7704 but I'm presuming that some if not all HDMI settings are similar. Check your manual for HDMI Audio Out or some such topic. When both HDMI outputs are used stereo output from one MIGHT be normal.

901 - 920 of 1427 Posts