AVS Forum banner

1141 - 1160 of 1437 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
I discovered what the issue I was having with playing CD's in the Pani was.

I had the Pani connected to my Denon AVR as follows. HDMI video/audio out on the pani to HDMI Bluray in on the Denon.
Apparently the Pani blocks audio output unless it detects an active Display. In other words I have to turn on my projector to listen to CD's. How stupid is that?!

So I hooked a pair of RCA on the unbalanced connections on the Pani to the CD in RCA on the Denon. Now I can listen to CD's without turning on my projector.

Reactions: Archibald1

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts

I had the Pani connected to my Denon AVR as follows. HDMI video/audio out on the pani to HDMI Bluray in on the Denon.
Apparently the Pani blocks audio output unless it detects an active Display. In other words I have to turn on my projector to listen to CD's. How stupid is that?!

So I hooked a pair of RCA on the unbalanced connections on the Pani to the CD in RCA on the Denon. Now I can listen to CD's without turning on my projector.
Yeah, that sounds pretty stupid. Fortunately for me, I never try playing CDs on my 9000. I have a number of other devices that support CDs, SACDs and DVD-As that don't have this restriction.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts

Mine works fine, just checked, with that same hookup. UB9000 -> Anthem AVM 60 on HDMI, display off with CD source.

Reactions: chhanthony

·
Registered
173 Posts
Mine works fine, just checked, with that same hookup. UB9000 -> Anthem AVM 60 on HDMI, display off with CD source.

When I only want to play music, I switch to an unused HDMI out on my Marantz pre-pro, then all is well.

Reactions: chhanthony

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have "Rise The Titanic" bluray region A with DVD region 1 that plays on the Panasonic 9000 THX, but the error code appears. Wrong disc format.

So the key takeaway is that if you’re a hard-core Clive Cussler fan and you insist on watching a terrible 70s film adaptation of his most famous novel, you should avoid the Panasonic 9000? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
so the key takeaway is that if you’re a hard-core clive cussler fan and you insist on watching a terrible 70s film adaptation of his most famous novel, you should avoid the panasonic 9000? ;)

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
:)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Had problems with the "We, The Marines" 4K disc. Couldn't get it to play in 3840x2160, only 1920x1080. BUT, the extra "addendum" feature did play in 3840x2160. On top of that, the main feature played in HDR but even so the Gamma defaulted to 2.2 whereas any HDR material I have usually defaults to Frame Adapt HDR no problem, on my JVC NX7. Tried this disc on my Sony 800 with the same results. Any one else have problems with this disc?

EDIT: False alarm, apparently. I tried it the other day had had no problems whatsoever. All I can think is that it was probably a handshake issue with my Arcam AVR850 receiver. Otherwise, worked beautifully and I could definitely tell the difference between HD and 4K resolution.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Any tricks as to switching display type with remote commands? I see you can dig through the menu and switch between OLED,LCD, PJ etc and I would like to know if there is a way to do this without menu diving. Thanks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Will second this! Plays music CD without any problems! Hooked up to Marantz SR7013 thru HDMI input. Monitor does not need to be on or detected. Not sure what the above poster was experiencing? Sounds great BTW!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Will second this! Plays music CD without any problems! Hooked up to Marantz SR7013 thru HDMI input. Monitor does not need to be on or detected. Not sure what the above poster was experiencing? Sounds great BTW!

In my case the issue wasn't with the player, but with the length and type of HDMI cable between my Marantz prepro and the projector, a 35' active cable that tells the prepro when the projector is on and off, thus the need to take the HDMI cable out of the chain by switching to an unused HDMI output.

·
Registered
40 Posts
In my case the issue wasn't with the player, but with the length and type of HDMI cable between my Marantz prepro and the projector, a 35' active cable that tells the prepro when the projector is on and off, thus the need to take the HDMI cable out of the chain by switching to an unused HDMI output.
Ahh OK! Thanks for clarifying.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Mine works fine also. I have my Panasonic UB9000 connected to my Denon AVR-X3600H. I DON'T need my projector turned-on in order to play CD's. (I don't have a TV, just the projector). We just put the CD's into the 9000 and they play fine. We went through a stack of a dozen Christmas CD's during the holidays without any problems.

All of my HDMI cables are Monoprice Certified Premium (the orange sticker) at 4K; but the longest of mine is only 15-feet.

Scott

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hello,

Do you think that i will win something in term of picture quality with the UB9000 compare to an Apple TV 4K, with Netflix?

I currently have a OPPO 203 and if the change is interesting, could sell my oppo and get the Panasonic?

I have a X770 JVC projector

Thanks

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Hi,

Can someone explain what the high clarity sound mode is and should it be turned on? Thanks in advance.

It turns off the video signals that affect audio playback, including the front display. This affects music playback more than movies in general.
Try it both ways to see what you prefer.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hello,

Do you think that i will win something in term of picture quality with the UB9000 compare to an Apple TV 4K, with Netflix?

I currently have a OPPO 203 and if the change is interesting, could sell my oppo and get the Panasonic?

I have a X770 JVC projector

Thanks
Netflix plays better on my AppleTV 4K than my 9000.

·
Registered
146 Posts

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Hi,

Can someone explain what the high clarity sound mode is and should it be turned on? Thanks in advance.
It doesn't have any effect for movie playback. It's only when it recognizes a CD or music disc, it can turn off the front display of the player and the video output to your monitor. The manual is vague, but that's what I've gathered from my testing and scouring online with UB900 as well (which had same feature).

Reactions: djpault
1141 - 1160 of 1437 Posts