AVS Forum banner

1161 - 1180 of 1427 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi, Can someone explain what the high clarity sound mode is and should it be turned on? Thanks in advance.
Per soundandvision.com: "There's another feature called High Clarity Sound that's directly acces- sible via a dedicated button on the remote. Push this once and some of the player's video circuits that might interfere with audio get shut down, though the disc directory remains displayed onscreen (assuming you're using a screen). Push it a second time and it turns off the screen output as well." https://www.soundandvision.com/content/panasonic-dp-ub9000-ultra-hd-blu-ray-player-review-page-2

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi,

Does dolby atmos is available when playing a movie from the usb port?

Thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
How can I set the player to stop up-rez'ing to 4K (set a "passthrough" in other words) so I can let my JVC NX7 projector do the up-rez'ing instead?
You can’t. But you also don’t want that because the Panasonic is much better al upscaling. That’s the only thing that’s disappointing about my N7.

·
Super Moderator
15,931 Posts
Is it possible another way DLNA?
Or only works with disc?

Thanks
No. This has been discussed ad nauseum. For file streaming get a dedicated streaming device.

Reactions: MOberhardt

·
Registered
315 Posts
You can’t. But you also don’t want that because the Panasonic is much better at upscaling. That’s the only thing that’s disappointing about my N7.
Thanks for the reply. Several people on the JVC thread said the same thing and I have to admit I am very surprised that the Panasonic is better at scaling than the JVC NX7. All the more reason for people thinking about the Panasonic to go for it.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Little tiny dots all over the screen. I have this issue with a couple of blu-rays. I suspect that it will go away if I turn off some processing in the 9000. If it was just me, then I'd diddle with it; but the family wants to watch the movie and I haven't revisited the issue.

We've seen it with Monte Carlo, Hopscotch, and a couple others. It is striking because blu-rays should look better than that in the 9000. I'm running the latest firmware... Other blu-rays look fine.

Also, to touch on your other point: I've been running the 9000 since 8am playing a stack of Christmas CD's. The only thing that is slightly annoying with the 9000 is that after I put in the disk, I have to push Play (and after a delay of 20 seconds). With my Oppo 103D, I just put in the disk and it started playing.

Scott
To answer my own question, the Panasonic 9000 does indeed have a mosquito noise filter (in the video processing menu). Mine was previously set to "0", but now I have it set to "2". It seems to help.

I'm not sure *why* some of my bluray disks have mosquito noise on the 9000 and some don't, but apparently the Panasonic folks knew about the issue and added a filter for it. I had never noticed this mosquito noise on my Oppo 103D when playing blurays (natively), so I assume that it is in the bluray-to-4K conversion process since I run my 9000 in 4K output mode...

Scott

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey im looking at either the 9000 or 820. I keep finding conflicting information on both of them. Do they both share the same HDR optimizer or does the 9000 offer better lower nits tone mapping for projectors?

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
For all of you UB9000 owners: You may have seen then various posts here and on Blu-ray.com about there being two 15 second pauses, about two minutes apart during one scene in the DV version of Midway when it's played on the UB-820. The HDR10 format has no problems. Have any of you gotten Midway and, if so, do the same pauses occur at 37.17 and 39.26? Since the two units have essentially the same video processors, I would expect the 9000 to experience the pauses also but it would nice to get that confirmed. Thanks.

·
Registered
18,186 Posts
For all of you UB9000 owners: You may have seen then various posts here and on Blu-ray.com about there being two 15 second pauses, about two minutes apart during one scene in the DV version of Midway when it's played on the UB-820. The HDR10 format has no problems. Have any of you gotten Midway and, if so, do the same pauses occur at 37.17 and 39.26? Since the two units have essentially the same video processors, I would expect the 9000 to experience the pauses also but it would nice to get that confirmed. Thanks.
Watched Midway last night and had two freeze-ups. Wasn’t paying attention to when the pauses exactly occurred, but those times seem right.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Watched Midway last night and had two freeze-ups. Wasn’t paying attention to when the pauses exactly occurred, but those times seem right.
Thanks Waboman. There's obviously some strange issue between the DV version and the Panasonic players. My Oppo-203 has no such issues but I prefer my Panny 820 as a pure disc spinner most of the time (the Oppo can't be beat when it comes to playing video files via its USB port or from a network device however). Oh well, watching Midway in HDR10 with the Panny Optimizer on is just fine with me.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts

Watching Midway now on my UB9000 and had freezes at 37:17 and 39:28 with each lasting a few seconds.

The last firmware update was in July I believe so we are due for an update which hopefully corrects this.

I plan on trying this in my Pioneer LX500 tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
436 Posts
Same here on my 9000. Not the end of the world, but it does take you out of the action. Will have to remember to switch to HDR10 when I watch it again. Wondering if this is only a problem with Lionsgate movies? Didn't have any stops when watching Gemini Man and that is also a BD-100, only released by Paramount.

Hopefully you're right about the firmware update. Sounds like more future discs will have this problem if Panasonic does not correct it. Wondering if Robert has passed along the message?

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Same here on my 9000. Not the end of the world, but it does take you out of the action. Will have to remember to switch to HDR10 when I watch it again. Wondering if this is only a problem with Lionsgate movies? Didn't have any stops when watching Gemini Man and that is also a BD-100, only released by Paramount.

Hopefully you're right about the firmware update. Sounds like more future discs will have this problem if Panasonic does not correct it. Wondering if Robert has passed along the message?
Anyone actually contacted Panasonic support?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Haven't checked the thread in a while, but was curious if they ever updated the ability to have audio coming out of the HDMI and regular AV ports at the same time. It's one of the little things I miss coming from the Oppo.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Watching Midway now on my UB9000 and had freezes at 37:17 and 39:28 with each lasting a few seconds.

The last firmware update was in July I believe so we are due for an update which hopefully corrects this.

I didn't take note of the timestamps, but mine froze twice too. The first was when Best was in a dive lining up his target, and the other was shortly thereafter.

·
Premium Member
3,358 Posts

Did you ever try it on you lx500 I m away until larger in the week.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Did you ever try it on you lx500 I m away until larger in the week.

Just tried it playing from the beginning and the Pioneer didn’t freeze during the first 40 mins of Midway

1161 - 1180 of 1427 Posts