AVS Forum banner

141 - 160 of 6486 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/20404984

Didn't you get your ya-ya's off in the other VT30 thread?? Some people. Sheesh

NO, I did not in anyway shape or form get my ya, ya's off in the other VT30 thread. I know you would like me to react in a way that might get me banned from AVS or my comments deleted. Nice Try Randy... but I will not bite.

I like to point out the cons in any TV that I am interested in, and would like to know exactly how bad they really are. So posting the Cons not only informs new buyers... but it also may bring out more information for each con.

·
Banned
2,435 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnewquist /forum/post/20407252

Samsung having "better processing" was the conventional wisdom (and oft-repeated by the AVS echo chamber) last year, but professional reviews (largely of EU models, still) indicate the VT30 has improved significantly in many of these areas. It's an open question that I hope many of the head-to-head reviewers and shootout attendees pay very close attention to.

Some of those European reviews praised the processing on the Panasonics last year as well. But the processing on the N.A. models clearly sucked. The processing is different on the Euro models, and cannot be equated with the processing on the N.A. models.

Notwithstanding, I think CNET is more impressed with the processing this year on the North American models than last year. They said last year's was the worst processing they had seen on any recent HDTV they had tested.

Nothing like that in this year's reviews.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
As far as I know, there is no such thing. Certainly it was not shown or described at CES. There might be a successor to the VX200 (is that the current high end one?) coming.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I know nothing has been officially announced, that's why i was checking in to see if someone has heard anything.

There was an article a while back in a Russian site claiming the TX-P85VT30 was coming in fall. Would love to see something like that below $10k

·
Vendor
29,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by caneaddict /forum/post/20413337

I know nothing has been officially announced, that's why i was checking in to see if someone has heard anything.

There was an article a while back in a Russian site claiming the TX-P85VT30 was coming in fall. Would love to see something like that below $10k

Maybe it will available in Europe, not for under 10K I am sure. In fact the new TH-85VX200U is over 30K, out and about across the US .......

·
Registered
1,862 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by caneaddict /forum/post/20412618

any info on the 85" VT30 yet? expected price. release?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo /forum/post/20412760

As far as I know, there is no such thing. Certainly it was not shown or described at CES. There might be a successor to the VX200 (is that the current high end one?) coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich /forum/post/20412826

Nothing of the sort has ever been announced. There is an 85 as part of the professional series not mean for consumers (I think it is the vx200 series and is very expensive).
Quote:
Originally Posted by caneaddict /forum/post/20413337

There were a few articles floating around the Net with some info about it. Here's one:

http://www.techyglobe.com/news/panas...-3d-plasma-tv/

Late 2011 if the article is to be believed.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Generally speaking, things announced by manufacturers take their own sweet time to ship. I would not be on things not even announced shipping this year.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello to the forum.

50VT30 want to buy a Panasonic, but I read that there are some pretty annoying brightness fluctuations. Do you know something about this problem?. That I would not return to meet again with a parachute problem the Panasonic blacks floatings VT20

Thank you very much friends

PD: My English is not very good, excuse me.

·
Registered
198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyokushinkai /forum/post/20415394

Hello to the forum.

50VT30 want to buy a Panasonic, but I read that there are some pretty annoying brightness fluctuations. Do you know something about this problem?. That I would not return to meet again with a parachute problem the Panasonic blacks floatings VT20

Thank you very much friends

PD: My English is not very good, excuse me.

I have had my 55VT30 for a week and I have seen this minor fluctuation half a dozen times. However it is very minor, nothing like the youtube video or as dramatic as some posts have suggested.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My 55" VT30 is about a week old and I've seen this seveal times. Each time it lasted about a second or so, but the fluctuation was fairly significant in brightness. Almost as if someone pressed a button or made a major picture adjustment. I'm fairly sure that each time the picture mode was "standard" which I find I don't use very often, and I don't think it has ever occured in "THX", which I mainly use. I'm hoping that this is something that will not occur in THX..otherwise it may become an issue for me.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I had my 55VT30 delivered this morning. Now begins the break-in period with slides and settings from D-Nice. In a few days I will report back and answer what questions I can.

Countdown 100 . . .

I finally pulled the trigger. Life is good.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy202022 /forum/post/20416176

I have had my 55VT30 for a week and I have seen this minor fluctuation half a dozen times. However it is very minor, nothing like the youtube video or as dramatic as some posts have suggested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecoast /forum/post/20416646

My 55" VT30 is about a week old and I've seen this seveal times. Each time it lasted about a second or so, but the fluctuation was fairly significant in brightness. Almost as if someone pressed a button or made a major picture adjustment. I'm fairly sure that each time the picture mode was "standard" which I find I don't use very often, and I don't think it has ever occured in "THX", which I mainly use. I'm hoping that this is something that will not occur in THX..otherwise it may become an issue for me.

Thank you very much for your answers

·
Registered
44 Posts
Either my TV doesn't have fluctuations, or I totally miss them...

PC/PS3 Gaming, Movies, Comcrap Cable... So either people make these things up to have something to complain about, or my eyes just aren't good enough to spot them, because I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary with my TV, just that its big, its bright and I have zero regrets buying it.

(P.S. Are there repeatable steps to reproduce this fluctuation thing, so I can actively watch for it?)

·
Registered
4,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecoast /forum/post/20416646

I appreciate people posting both the postivies and the issues they are experiencing with this new model. I was thinking about buying it but I haven't heard of any dramatic improvements over last years models and still some issues with the newest model. I think I'll get my old CRT fixed up and wait yet another year for something as good as a KURO. I was hoping this was the year.

141 - 160 of 6486 Posts