AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 3968 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,554 Posts
Let's make this the one: PM me or better use 'report post' button if you see a problem

Thanks

·
Registered
632 Posts
Except its still in the 3k and up forum!!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I hate seeing "Official" in any thread titles... it sounds so stupid!

Anyway, there's a lot of good info in the other threads, I hate to see it all disappear with the lock. Why weren't the other threads merged???

·
Registered
587 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Cler /forum/post/12059771

Yes, please merge the threads.

Please don't. The other threads were getting out of hand. With members soon receiving their units we should be getting out of the realm of speculation.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
For some reason, Fedex says "Priority Overnight"
. Ka-Pow!

I'll have to enjoy every single minute with Hs51 tonight..... So you know i'm not good at breaking up but she is getting too old and ugly

·
Registered
11,880 Posts
Congrats future owners! Looking forward to hearing your 2 cents!

We are moving back to NYC and I thought that I would have to abandon FP's due to the NYC apt. settup. (Can't ceiling mount and I have a Mits DLP PJ now with no lens shift and we have a baby who's soon to be toddling and coffee table mounting is no longer going to work) I was looking at the Mits hc6000 due to the lens shift for behind the seating area shelf mounting but $3999 is insane. This PJ looks like it JUST might do the trick! Looking forward, y'all!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Does anybody know what scaler the projector uses? I'm looking to add a new receiver to my HT system that does scaling but wasn't sure what to compare against since I should be an owner of the AE2000 shortly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was calculating the image brightness on the Sanyo Z2000 vs. AE2000U...using the PC Projection Calculator Pro. I used 12'6" throw and a 110" 16X9 screen. I also used 1.1 gain. I found the Panasonic had 15fL and the Sanyo had 24fL. To a layperson it would seem like the Sanyo is brighter, however, the Sanyo claims 1200 ANSI Lumens vs. 1500 for the AE2000U.

What is up? I wanted the AE2000U, but will reconsider if these facts are true (and mean something regarding image quality). PC did not mention brightness when comparing the 2.

I sent a comment to PC also.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric97 /forum/post/12060609

I was calculating the image brightness on the Sanyo Z2000 vs. AE2000U...using the PC Projection Calculator Pro. I used 12'6" throw and a 110" 16X9 screen. I also used 1.1 gain. I found the Panasonic had 15fL and the Sanyo had 24fL. To a layperson it would seem like the Sanyo is brighter, however, the Sanyo claims 1200 ANSI Lumens vs. 1500 for the AE2000U.

What is up? I wanted the AE2000U, but will reconsider if these facts are true (and mean something regarding image quality). PC did not mention brightness when comparing the 2.

Wow....great question!

I just saw the same thing.

Anyone have an idea?

·
Registered
2,357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric97 /forum/post/12060609

The brightness numbers on the PC calc don't amount to a hill of beans. Factory rated brightness and calibrated brightness are two totally difference things. I can calculate what you'll get on your screen, but I'd have to know the actual calibrated brightness because nobody in their right mind will use the brightest mode under normal viewing (dynamic / high bulb).

If you assume either PJ is putting out 600 calibrated lumen, you'll see about 18ftL with a new bulb, and about half that at 50% of the bulb.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet1 /forum/post/12060785

The brightness numbers on the PC calc don't amount to a hill of beans. Factory rated brightness and calibrated brightness are two totally difference things. I can calculate what you'll get on your screen, but I'd have to know the actual calibrated brightness because nobody in their right mind will use the brightest mode under normal viewing (dynamic / high bulb).

If you assume either PJ is putting out 600 calibrated lumen, you'll see about 18ftL with a new bulb, and about half that at 50% of the bulb.

In any case, i think the discrepancy on the calculator is interesting as one could assume that they are using max brightness, and the panasonic is spec'ed to be brighter.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantMeThePower /forum/post/12060888

In any case, i think the discrepancy on the calculator is interesting as one could assume that they are using max brightness, and the panasonic is spec'ed to be brighter.

My point is the brightness info from that calc is basically useless either way.

·
Registered
24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet1 /forum/post/12060785

I would hope they would either use the calibrated lumens measured when they did their review -or- they would use the manufacturer's number (or a % of that #) for all of the projectors in the calculator. At least then we could have something with which we could move forward. It is tough to make a decision in the dark.

1 - 20 of 3968 Posts