AVS Forum banner

6721 - 6740 of 8054 Posts

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
By the setting the video output of the receiver to Analog, I disable any HDMI output from it.
I split the video/audio from the 820 (and the Oppo) so the video goes directly to my display and only the audio goes to the receiver but I still have the receiver connected to the TV through HDMI for other purposes.

You seem to run both video and audio through your receiver and then to the TV. That should not cause any HDMI handshake problems AFAIK.
I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish or why.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi All,

Need your help please so l can watch Netflix through the Panasonic 820.

When l switch from Blu-rays to Netflix l get a message "This content is not compatible with your TV. Please connect HDMI OUT to the HDMI input jack that supports HDCCP2.2 of the TV"

No issues in watching Blu rays or 4K movies, YouTube - only get this message with Netflix???

So l can watch Netflix l have to do it via XBOXone - Same amp and projector - Only change is from INPUT1 to INPUT3 on the amp.

Gear
AMP-Yamaha RXA3080
Projector - JVC X35
HDMI Cable 24Gbps Bandwidth

I just swapped a freezing Sony X700 and was able to watch Netflix through this with no issues, same sources. Move to the 820 and cannot watch Netflix.

Any ideas or a solution on how to solve this problem so l can also watch Netflix.

THANKS

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
No need to worry about that ;), my post only concern those who split A/V (picture) AND have the receiver also connected to a TV through HDMI and audio drop outs occur due to HDMI handshaking taking place.
Ok. I won't worry about it. However, the figure you included is not representative of your system as you described it.

·
Registered
5.1.4 Setup with Dolby Vision capable OLED
989 Posts
I've been watching Planet Earth 2 4K and it's the first disc I have ever had an issue with. It will be in HDR for the menus but when I start an episode, it loses HDR. I can fix it by switching to another input and back again. But it did it repeatedly when I was going through the episodes. I don't know if it's actually my player but I thought I would mention it. I checked all my cables and all that and they all seem fine. I tried other HDR discs and they played in HDR without issue. Could just be an issue with this particular set. (Both discs in the set did it.)

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
I've been watching Planet Earth 2 4K and it's the first disc I have ever had an issue with. It will be in HDR for the menus but when I start an episode, it loses HDR. I can fix it by switching to another input and back again. But it did it repeatedly when I was going through the episodes. I don't know if it's actually my player but I thought I would mention it. I checked all my cables and all that and they all seem fine. I tried other HDR discs and they played in HDR without issue. Could just be an issue with this particular set. (Both discs in the set did it.)
Other posters in this thread have noted that this disc has HDR issues.

·
Registered
5.1.4 Setup with Dolby Vision capable OLED
989 Posts
Other posters in this thread have noted that this disc has HDR issues.
Thanks. Odd as this sounds, that is good to know. I wont bother trying to exchange the discs or anything. Luckily it's a problem I can work around.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello
I'm about to buy a 820.Can anybody tell me the difference between 820 and the 824?Can't find out on the net.

Regards

·
Registered
216 Posts
I’m taking a guess but U.S. version vs. European version ?

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Thanks for the replay,but both are for sale in Norway.:confused:
UK model, dp-ub820:
https://www.panasonic.com/uk/consumer/home-entertainment/blu-ray-and-dvd/dp-ub820eb.specs.html

NL model, dp-ub824:
https://www.panasonic.com/nl/consumer/hav/blu-ray-dvd/blu-ray-spelers/dp-ub824.specs.html

It wasn't easy, but I've found one difference. The 820 has something called a USB key-lock.
[edit: the NL website has now been updated and the 824 also includes the USB key-lock.]

Both models are sold here in the UK too as proper European-spec Region B and 230V; the region zone is a red herring :)

HTH

·
Registered
157 Posts
I was watching Kingsmen The Golden Circle last night and when I clicked the info button all of the HDR Metadata was showing 0 nits. Does that mean the HDR isn't working?

Attachments

6721 - 6740 of 8054 Posts