AVS Forum banner

201 - 220 of 10158 Posts

·
Registered
18,926 Posts
Excuse of plasma?

Anyone who knows spit about video will tell you white is defined as x.03127 y.3290. That white applies to EVERY SINGLE DESPLAY TECHNOLGY used to display BT709 and SMPTE-C color images. This is a video science forum. I suggest you LEARN the science of video before popping off an ignorant post. Then again, I expect nothing more than what you have done with a username of RicFlair

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicFlair /forum/post/21778855

Ha, another common Myth/ Excuse/ Weakness of Plasma

·
Registered
144 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice /forum/post/0

Excuse of plasma?

Anyone who knows spit about video will tell you white is defined as x.03127 y.3290. That white applies to EVERY SINGLE DESPLAY TECHNOLGY used to display BT709 and SMPTE-C color images. This is a video science forum. I suggest you LEARN the science of video before popping off an ignorant post. Then again, I expect nothing more than what you have done with a username of RicFlair

Wow D-Nice is on a roll today. I've gotta admit it's been funny seeing D-Nice put these clowns who think they know about Plasma's to shame

·
Registered
998 Posts
Didn't Cleveland plasma get a set in for review last friday? ChadB was on his way over for a calibration, and haven't heard anything since.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice /forum/post/21777924

I really don't find this post funny. I don't care about black levels yet I own 5 Kuros? I'm grouchy because I choose not to sugar coat posts and/or write paragraphs to respond to posts that simply can be answered with two/three letters (yes, no) or one straight to the point sentence? Yeah ok

I want to know how many people are sending you money.

That sounds like a good business!

·
Registered
32,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice /forum/post/21778210

On the ST50 I have, white measured 16.7fL on a 100% full field white pattern with a panel brightness of Mid. I have not measured High but I would not expect it to be that much brighter, if it actually is brighter on that paticular pattern. I have yet to measure a Samsung that does anything over 18fL on the same pattern.

For you mathematically challenged folks, the difference between 18 and 16.7 is that the former (that's the big one) is 7.7% brighter. In other words, not much.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice /forum/post/21779081

Excuse of plasma?

I don't care what the numbers say , Plasma white is NOT white - it's white with grey tint - every guy who knows spit about Plasma will tell you the same.

Panny Plasma, any make or model G25 etc, will bleed red onto a sheet of Hockey white ice - the screen tints red.

This is undeniable fact; in fact it's science.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1dude57 /forum/post/21779162

Didn't Cleveland plasma get a set in for review last friday? ChadB was on his way over for a calibration, and haven't heard anything since.

I'm not sure what happened there, either.

I was looking forward to that.

·
Registered
18,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicFlair /forum/post/0

I don't care what the numbers say , Plasma white is NOT white - it's white with grey tint - every guy who knows spit about Plasma will tell you the same.

The CORRECT way to say it is "full screen white is not as bright as I prefer." If you prefer bright, and in most cases blue, white go hang out in the LCD forum.

Or would you prefer I go get some of the 70/80's NWA wrestlers in here to commence the opening of a can of whoop-a$$ Mr. Nature Boy?

·
Banned
2,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice /forum/post/21779344

The CORRECT way to say it is "full screen white is not as bright as I prefer." If you prefer bright, and in most cases blue, white go hang out in the LCD forum.

Or would you prefer I go get some of the 70/80's NWA wrestlers in here to commence the opening of a can of whoop-a$$ Mr. Nature Boy?

Good one

·
Registered
218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-nice /forum/post/21779344

the correct way to say it is "full screen white is not as bright as i prefer." if you prefer bright, and in most cases blue, white go hang out in the lcd forum.

Or would you prefer i go get some of the 70/80's nwa wrestlers in here to commence the opening of a can of whoop-a$$ mr. Nature boy? :d

lmfao

·
Registered
14,520 Posts

Quote:

D-Nice, good to hear your input on the ST50. It appears some of the 'newer member peanut gallery' is in full force today.

·
Registered
112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice /forum/post/21778664

And you are STILL wrong! I will make this very simple....

The 2011 Samsungs were not brighter nor could they "get brighter" than the 2011 Panasonics.

Then you must be saying the opposite is true. One HAS to have higher peak brightness than the other, it's inevitable, be it by 50 cd/m2 or .1 cd/m2

·
Registered
2,671 Posts

Quote:

Ha, another common Myth/ Excuse/ Weakness of Plasma

You see that's WHITE - not Dark , or OFF yellow, or tanned tinted white , Panny Plasma's do a terrible TERRIBLE job of reproducing real White, I don't care what your Test kit says.
Quote:

Panny Plasma, any make or model G25 etc, will bleed red onto a sheet of Hockey white ice - the screen tints red.

This is undeniable fact; in fact it's science.

So why are you in a Panasonic plasma thread? Go buy the first LED you see and put it in dynamic mode and let the grown ups get back to talking about the ST50.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpearce023 /forum/post/21779604

So why are you in a Panasonic plasma thread? Go buy the first LED you see and put it in dynamic mode and let the grown ups get back to talking about the ST50.

settle down tuff guy

·
Registered
1,384 Posts

Quote:

Okay, as long as you admitted -plasma doesn't show realistic white....for all the plasma love - and BS about color accuracy, lets first admit, it cannot reproduce a color we see everyday in real life.

·
Registered
239 Posts

Quote:

Okay, as long as you admitted -plasma doesn't show realistic white....for all the plasma love - and BS about color accuracy, lets first admit, it cannot reproduce a color we see everyday in real life.

You've got to be kidding me

201 - 220 of 10158 Posts