AVS Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Since i got no comments on the above post, i've decided to share some images that may help identify what i'm referring to.
If you could take a look at them and comment if your sets have similar issues i would be grateful :)

Attachments

·
Registered
726 Posts
hi

i got a 65 x 9002b a few weeks ago

when we did the set up the camera came up and ... its stayed up ! any idea how to get it back down please ?

cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just got my 65ax900u today.

Very, VERY disappointed.

First, it has backlight bleed in three corners. My wife, who is not a videophile, noticed it right away.

Secondly, it has brutal horizontal bars across the screen in any light scenes.

I am checking with my sales people and will be submitting a support call to Panasonic.

I really hope it is just a bad one and it can be replaced.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Update: I spoke with a Panasonic rep about a few things.

One of the nice resolves was that she had me rest the TV back to factory.

It looks like that, since my TV was a floor model, it was set to "demonstration" mode. On reset, I set it to home viewing (cant recall the exact term).

The picture looks exceptionally better...especially the glowing corners.

I still can make out horizontal bars on lighter scenes and panning up/down, but it is still MUCH better.

I will keep testing and let you know if I get any further.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ugh. Why is everything always such a pain.

For some unknown reason, now my TV is not playing in 4K.

It was working great with the built-in Netflix app and YouTube 4K videos.

Now, both are only displaying as 1080p.

I checked all the settings I know of....any ideas?

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
Ugh. Why is everything always such a pain.

For some unknown reason, now my TV is not playing in 4K.

It was working great with the built-in Netflix app and YouTube 4K videos.

Now, both are only displaying as 1080p.

I checked all the settings I know of....any ideas?
Did you upgrade to the $11.99 plan on netflix?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Wxman. Thanks for replying.

Yes, I have upgraded my Netfilx account.

To be clear, it was working yesterday. Both Netflix 4K content and YouTube 4K content displayed correctly.

Today, neither is.

I have a 70Mbps (download) Internet connection speed, so bandwidth is not the issue (I tested it).

I will try my Sony 4K camcorder directly hooked up. It worked before as well, so I will see what it displays.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Camcorder played back correctly.
Tried YouTube again...no luck. Only shows in 1920x1080. Can you check off the option to display video info and it shows that resolution (so it is not just my eyes).

Tempted to reset the TV back to factory.

(Plus I still see those grey-ish horizontal bars on some scenes. ARGH!)

Ah the fun of being an early adopter of technology.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok folks...I am going bonkers.

I reset the TV back to factory defaults. I did the initial setup again...no problems.

Fired up Netflix...logged in and tried watching Daredevil. Looks great. I pressed the "info" button on the remote, and it shows 2160p on the screen. Perfect.

So, I try YouTube. I logged in with my account. I check on my PC to ensure that I have the setting on my account to "Always choose the best quality for my connection and player size"

I play a 4K video and...it looks really good! However, there are those 1080p videos that can still look pretty darn good.

So, I set the option in the YouTube app to show the file info...and it says 1080p...not 4K. (See attached pictures).

Now I could swear that when I tried this the other day, it showed the proper resolution in the info box...but now I dont know.

Oh, and just to really confuse things, the "info" button does not display anything while watching YouTube, so I cant be certain what resolution I am seeing.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Im trying to stream movies through my computer wireless with wifi to the panasonic. That should be possible right?

I dont need to buy anything else to make it happend?

I have tried connecting the tv through my home network (through media server in the apps menu) but none of my shared content comes up. Is there a guide how to do it? Just bought a new laptop and i was thinking of running a nas server later on and share my content on that, but i need to get it working first if its possible.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Im trying to stream movies through my computer wireless with wifi to the panasonic. That should be possible right?
Can your computer see your Panasonic TV on your network?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes its there. Aswell as my other computers and so on. I have shared a couple of folders and the tv sees the folders but not the actual files in the folders

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'm still contemplating this set, as I still want it knowing it doesn't do HDR, I think. Just out of curiosity for current owners. How is the upscaling? If I buy this set I'll be using it with a Panasonic DMP-BDT460 and a Onkyo TX-NR1030 both are currently set to 1080P as that's what my current TV is but with this Panasonic should I get it, do I leave the settings as is and let the TV do the upscaling or should I set both AVR & BD player to up convert to 4K along with the TV?

·
Registered
782 Posts
It appears that I dodged a bullet on this set. I ended up getting the DX900 instead and a buddy ended up taking the deal I was offered on this AX900. Well he just got it set up last week and has noticed faint horizontal lines on screen. He called me up and I went over on Saturday and had a look. They are faint and can be seen on certain backgrounds & panning motion. You can't always notice them but I told him if it was me I couldn't put up with it. Saturday I called my other friend at the store where he got it from. He hadn't heard of the problem and called the Panasonic rep who did some checking with the engineering department and got back today. Apparently the AX line is prone to that problem. They apparently don't know why but it's hit or miss on a set by set basis. Anyway they are prepared to upgrade him to the same model I have DX900 for an extra $1800 with a free UB900 thrown in. He was prepared to live with it, I know I couldn't. I've advised him to break out that credit card and take the deal as it won't come up again. After looking through this thread it appears he isn't the only one who has this issue.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts