AVS Forum banner

9121 - 9140 of 14117 Posts

·
Vendor
26,657 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iserum  /t/1450484/official-panasonic-tc-pxxst60-series-thread/9090#post_23932714

my previous experience with BB calibration was good, they calibrated my 08 plasma, and i felt the picture was significantly better after calibration, my tv was basic 720p so there is not much i could change in setting, the service was free as part of reward zone premier silver, now i have pay out of my pocket for my 60ST60, based on my previous experience i am ok to go forward with BB but if i get better service for price i am for it, the comments i read for BB calibrator seems very harsh, the guy who did my calibration was very knowledgeable gave me full report (PDF) file after calibration. The equipment he carried was a measurement camera he put on tv and use a hdmi port on TV to connect to his device, all other inputs were calibrated also.
There is always exception to the rule.........

·
Registered
68 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gewbert  /t/1450484/official-panasonic-tc-pxxst60-series-thread/9120#post_23934975

I had a similar problem. Check the time/date on your TV. For some reason mine got reset to January 1 of 2012 (I think that was the year). Once I reset it to the correct date the apps re-appeared.

This was the case for my netflix app that would never connect. I had set the date and time when the TV was delivered, but somehow it didn't stick.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Took delivery of a P60ST60 yesterday, my first plasma I have owned. Really didn't want to buy a TV right now but my 2007 LG 47LC7DF began displaying the power supply issues that have apparently plagued these units (they will "power on" and take forever to do a HDMI handshake, cycle on and off, etc.) and figured I might as well go and buy a nice set. After seeing all the rave reviews that this unit got and its good price/size ratio we decided to go with this over an LED TV. I had received an offer for a Best Buy MasterCard that gives $100 reward certificate whenever you spend $1000 in the first 90 days, and combined with the fact that they will now match Amazon's prices decided to purchase the unit from there. We received a screaming deal as we had a couple of old Iphones that we traded in for a couple of hundred dollars of Best Buy credit and then when we went to customer service to purchase the TV and price match to Amazon (current price of $1449) the manager matched the New/Used price of $1273!!!! So combined with our phone trade in and the price match we walked out having paid just over $1K for this great set! (Before rewards certificates) Took delivery yesterday morning and had the Monoprice wall mount that everyone has been using waiting and had everything mounted and setup by late afternoon.

So far the picture is a substantial upgrade in both size (duh!) and picture quality over the old LG. We watched a couple football games, a basketball game, and a few TV shows last night and are thoroughly impressed with the unit so far (don't worry I switched between "full" and one of the zoom settings to try and avoid any IR from logos or the scoreboards and have given the wife strict viewing instructions!) and plan on using a combination of regular viewing and D-Nice slides to correctly "age" everything. I do have a question though, does this unit not pass 5.1 out through the optical audio out? My setup was inputs directly to the TV (DirectTV & WDTV) than optical out to an LG HTIB receiver so that the TV can have its inputs changed and the receiver never needs any changes. This worked fine for the old LG, but setup this way it the ST60 seems to only pass out Stereo through the optical out. I confirmed it was not the settings on the receiver or directTv as I plugged the optical straight from the directv DVR to the receiver and surround sound came back again. Also the sound when passed through the TV it seem to have a serious lip synch issue that again was eliminated via plugging the unit directly in. Is there any way to rectify these 2 issues? I'd like to maintain the setup as is (sound passing through the TV) if I can because then it is simple for my wife (input changes, sound changes, will work with the apps correctly, etc), but I guess going forward if I need to I can either run directly to the receiver or upgrade to a lower end AVR. Anyone have any insight?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
TV outputs 5.1 only if it creates it... as in ota tuned channels or from apps like Netflix. Any audio it received via HDMI is down converted to stereo, as the TV reports itself as a stereo output device. No way to do pass through. Sigh.

On my htpc I configure 150 msec delay... app sound for internal is close to sync as output to my avr...

·
Registered
143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc_G  /t/1450484/official-panasonic-tc-pxxst60-series-thread/9100_100#post_23935759

TV outputs 5.1 only if it creates it... as in ota tuned channels or from apps like Netflix. Any audio it received via HDMI is down converted to stereo, as the TV reports itself as a stereo output device. No way to do pass through. Sigh.

On my htpc I configure 150 msec delay... app sound for internal is close to sync as output to my avr...

Le sigh.... Only negative so far (but I think from researching it was actually odd that LG did pass through audio). Guess I'll either need to suck it up or add an AVR to the Christmas list (and teach the wife how to use it, eeek!!!).

·
Registered
2,087 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superiorwitt  /t/1450484/official-panasonic-tc-pxxst60-series-thread/8910#post_23900814

Hows everyone using the Pandora Smart App? Im concerned of the possibility of burn in, as there are certain elements that just are static
Why run a panel that burns mega electricity just to listen to Pandora? It would be one thing if they showed all the song info as they do on phones and other devices (like a PC). Do you have a soundbar that does BT (what we use) or a sound system?

·
Registered
9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snidely  /t/1450484/official-panasonic-tc-pxxst60-series-thread/9120#post_23936284

Why run a panel that burns mega electricity just to listen to Pandora? It would be one thing if they showed all the song info as they do on phones and other devices (like a PC). Do you have a soundbar that does BT (what we use) or a sound system?

Not me, my woman. And I figured it out. You can just go into options and turn the screen off.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hello,

Is there a way that I can disable the home screen coming on right when you turn the tv on? I would like it to go right to the last selected input. Any help would be great

·
Registered
611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelseyhorne  /t/1450484/official-panasonic-tc-pxxst60-series-thread/9120#post_23937070

Hello,

Is there a way that I can disable the home screen coming on right when you turn the tv on? I would like it to go right to the last selected input. Any help would be great

If you press the home screen button on the remote to get to the screen selector, you can press left repeatedly ti highlight and select full screen. The T.V will then turn on in full screen, avoiding the whole cumbersome home screen.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Can someone tell me the width and depth of the stand on the 55" I have to sit it on my center channel for now, just want to make sure it fits alright.

·
Registered
81 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCLS  /t/1450484/official-panasonic-tc-pxxst60-series-thread/9120#post_23934607

Hello everyone,

I took delivery of a TC-P60ST60 on Saturday, and I have a question about the Apps. I might be crazy, but I could have sworn that there was an Amazon Instant Video app, but now I can't find it. I also noticed that there are also several entries on the Apps page that say "(Coming Soon)", and the Youtube app just displays a white screen after loading. One thing I did do the first day was a software update since there was one available, so I'm not sure if this happened after that. Any ideas?

If you do not see the Amazon instant app on the screen when you press the apps button on the remote you may need to download it. After hitting the apps button on the remote you will see a screen with a grid of different apps below and on the top 3 larger banners. The top left banner is titled the smart viera market. Select that one and you will find additional apps for download not present on your "apps" screen. Look under video & movie and you should find Amazon. Good luck....Nick

·
Registered
7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gewbert  /t/1450484/official-panasonic-tc-pxxst60-series-thread/9120#post_23934975

I had a similar problem. Check the time/date on your TV. For some reason mine got reset to January 1 of 2012 (I think that was the year). Once I reset it to the correct date the apps re-appeared.

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked the date/time and they were wrong, so I set it to auto, which updated it to the correct date and time. After that my youtube app worked, but I still had a bunch of "(coming soon)" apps. I ended up doing a reset to factory defaults, which fixed restored all of my apps (Amazon instant video, etc, all back).

·
Registered
7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrighton  /t/1450484/official-panasonic-tc-pxxst60-series-thread/9120#post_23938202

If you do not see the Amazon instant app on the screen when you press the apps button on the remote you may need to download it. After hitting the apps button on the remote you will see a screen with a grid of different apps below and on the top 3 larger banners. The top left banner is titled the smart viera market. Select that one and you will find additional apps for download not present on your "apps" screen. Look under video & movie and you should find Amazon. Good luck....Nick

That was one of the things I had tried. For some reason, the Amazon Instant Video app wasn't showing up in the market, either.

·
Premium Member
18,274 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder125  /t/1450484/official-panasonic-tc-pxxst60-series-thread/9120#post_23937976

Can someone tell me the width and depth of the stand on the 55" I have to sit it on my center channel for now, just want to make sure it fits alright.

I just measured mine (55ST60) - it's 22" wide x 13-1/8" deep.

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelseyhorne  /t/1450484/official-panasonic-tc-pxxst60-series-thread/9120#post_23937070

Hello,

Yes There is a setting to set up that does just that. If nobody else responds, I'll look for it. Got it from CNET and there are posts way back here about the easy set up to get what you and I expect.

·
Registered
474 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snidely  /t/1450484/official-panasonic-tc-pxxst60-series-thread/9120#post_23941778

Yes There is a setting to set up that does just that. If nobody else responds, I'll look for it. Got it from CNET and there are posts way back here about the easy set up to get what you and I expect.

post 9132:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethean  /t/1450484/official-panasonic-tc-pxxst60-series-thread/9120#post_23937084

If you press the home screen button on the remote to get to the screen selector, you can press left repeatedly ti highlight and select full screen. The T.V will then turn on in full screen, avoiding the whole cumbersome home screen.

·
Registered
860 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Guys I just bought the TC-P60ST60 from best buy they delivered and were allowed to attach one device ( all they did was plug in the HDMI cable...LOL ) I was worried that they would send me an old set or refurb unit but the sticker on the back said October 2013 so it was shiny and new . damn this thing is big , I replaced my much loved 32" sony trinitron set ( 1080i ) and only because I wanted something bigger not better if you know what I mean.It came with 2 3d glasses but have not tried them out yet and probably wont any time soon..3d glasses over glasses is not very good. The out of the box picture .. standard was so dark I thought there was something wrong with the set but changing to Cinema it looks so much better. I should probably try the custom settings but Im a bit intimidated to rush in ....any suggestions as to what settings I should change , maybe someone has done a walkthrough on this? I read that these sets are going to dry up pretty soon, no more made after Jan and no more sold after march 2014..... still using the tv sound but will try to figure out how to hook to my Onkyo tx SV727 before long... ...cheers....Wayne

·
Registered
380 Posts
So I bought this TV today and just watched man of steal... This set is crazy good, can't believe how much of an improvement it is over my LCD Sony, the improvements with the blacks and dark scenes and detail are very noticeable of what my last TV lacking. Should've bought earlier so I could've gotten the bigger size and been enjoying this greatness.

9121 - 9140 of 14117 Posts