AVS Forum banner

14081 - 14100 of 14117 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,274 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Agreed. If I have to look for it I am not going to worry about it. There are probably a lot of other imperfections that I could find if I look for them. Mostly I just am in awe about how beautiful the picture is.

Humm, the scrolling bar seemed to rid image retention on my end, but I never ran slides, I may have screen burn if I look for it that way, I wouldn't know, I'm not going to look for it that intensely.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I tried the image retention scrolling bar several years ago as well as running slides. I recall only marginal results and considered it a waste of time. If I look closely when there is a light solid screen in the lower right where logos usually appear I can see some retention. It is not noticeable with normal viewing and you have to know what you are looking for. I think it is image retention and not burn in. I am careful to not display CNN or MSNBC or other serious offenders for extended periods of time. Image retention and power consumption are the primary reasons I have a smaller LCD adjacent to the plasma for daytime viewing.
Just watch the TV without any static images. If it's IR it will eventually go away. If it's burn-in it's hopeless no matter what you do.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi guys picked one these bad boys up for a great price. I was curious if anyone had thiers professionally calibrated and how they like it? And if you know of one in the Savannah GA area?

·
Registered
Arial Acoustics speakers for 11.1.4 system, AVM 60, McIntosh & Anthem amps, Paradygn Atmos
377 Posts
Hi guys picked one these bad boys up for a great price. I was curious if anyone had thiers professionally calibrated and how they like it? And if you know of one in the Savannah GA area?
It is a somewhat older model but still very good. I believe it was a model below the Panny ZT 65" plasma which had the best blacks of any display on the market at the time. I have had that model and my current display both professionally calibrated. I do believe it is well worth the time and price....however, I would not ask the Best Buy Geek Squad to do it for a number of reasons I won't go into. Find a good certified calibrator who either works independently ,as many do, or one who works out of a high end shop and will not be watching the clock.

·
Registered
Arial Acoustics speakers for 11.1.4 system, AVM 60, McIntosh & Anthem amps, Paradygn Atmos
377 Posts
Nope, the ZT blew everything out of the water at the time. While I sold mine, it still is a fantastic display.

·
Registered
31 Posts
What's everyone using for gamma? This set is really tricky. The whites are really blown out on these sets. Seems difficult to tame them without killing shadow detail.

·
Registered
256 Posts
anyone know if the I can use bluetooth headphones with the Panasonic TC-P55ST60? And more importantly, how to set this up. Cant seem to find anything in the manual. Thanks

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
There is no BT built-in. Since we cut the cord almost 3 years ago, have used one of the many streaming services available (YouTubeTVLive) and use a Roku model (Premiere+) to control it. That model had (has?) a built in headphone jack in the remote control unit.
What is the source of your TV programming? Cable? Internet?

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Is there any way to stop line bleed? It's making watching close ups of people's face near-unwatchable for me.
Not sure what you are talking about. Are you referring to the vertical lines showing up on some of the news channels on interviews? If so, that is caused by their webcams, and the conversion to broadcast TV, not the set itself.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not sure what you are talking about. Are you referring to the vertical lines showing up on some of the news channels on interviews? If so, that is caused by their webcams, and the conversion to broadcast TV, not the set itself.
It's horizontal, across all content. Been happening for months unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Picture time :)

Pictures look a bit blown out.. Camera cant handle the contrast :)

Attachments

Reactions: whipit

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
The light bleed is actually a lens flare effect..

In reality the picture is richer and darker..

Ah Now I understand.. Ok, my pictures have nothing to do with the "line bleed" comment..

But it is true.. The 60 series is well known for Line bleeding..

And No, you cant do anything about that.. Panel lottery.. some models will have it more, some less..

·
Registered
179 Posts
Ah OK. None of my sets have that issue luckily. That would annoy the hell out of me.
Just curious but what sets do you have? All the Panasonic's I ever owned exhibited the line bleed but it was only noticeable in special circumstances like the one presented in the photo above. So it never really bothered me.

14081 - 14100 of 14117 Posts