AVS Forum banner

2521 - 2540 of 10664 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualguy /forum/post/18772799

My P65VT25 has two bad pixels. I could probably exchange it - I bought from a local store. I wish I knew the probability for getting a unit with no bad pixels. If that probability is low, then an exchange is probably not worth the hassle...

I ended up exchanging my P65VT25. The replacement unit has no bad pixels - yippee! I'm certainly glad I bought it from a local store.

I noticed that buzzing was mentioned on this thread. There was buzzing on both units. I think my second unit buzzes somewhat less than the first unit, but I'm not sure. The buzzing is noticeable from my seating position when there's a lot of white on the screen, such as some shopping channels or the cable box menu screen. I can hear it even when the receiver is not muted and there's some dialog. It doesn't bother me much - it's noticeable mostly just with bright images, and even then I can tune it out. However, it would have been nicer if it wasn't there, of course.

Overall, this set is excellent - I'm very happy with this purchase.

·
Premium Member
18,307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by setanta /forum/post/18786569

....this hasn't been discussed yet that I have seen, the placement of the inputs is a bit of a problem. In all previous plasmas that I have owned the inputs would be recessed from the back panel. Not so much anymore and this will require me opening a hole in the wall to allow for the full depth of an HDMI plug so as to NOT hit the wall in a standard non-tilting wall mount. The side HDMI isn't ideal because then you can see the cable.

There's no need to make a hole in the wall. Do what i did:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...e#post17679838

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...e#post18731309

·
Registered
48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma /forum/post/18785045

The amazing thing about calibrators is that if they are good, usually they are self taught along with the proper schooling. Going to the ISF shcool and paying a fee does not make a persona "true" calibrator. Be cafeful with your selection of calibrators guys. HD LUVA made a good choice

Thanks Chris. Never heard from Manna on that other issue.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
 http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...=mncolBtm;rnav

Review is up on the CNET website. What is this false contouring they are talking about? Anyone see this? The review was positive, but not glowing. Seemed kinda incomplete to me. Also they measured a moving resolution of 900 lines or so with blur off. WTF? I thought other reviews indicate that it was 1080 with or without blur on. Another knock was SD which I do not care about as I hardly watch SD programming.

Guess I will find out tomorrow.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar69 /forum/post/18784864

The power cable appears to be like a standard PC power cable, except the head is turned 90 degrees. The head attaches to the cord also in a right angle fashion to allow the set to be wall mounted. The head also has attachment clips to keep it from detaching from the TV.

As an alternative to the longer PC cord,, have you thought about an extension cord to the existing TV cord?

thanks for the info cougar!

I ordered a 25 ft extension cord from monoprice for around 8 bux. I also ordered a Panamax 5400 Power conditioner from abt!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Should I run my HDMI PS3 and Directv connections through my pioneer vsx 1020 or connect to Panny and run seperate optical audio to Pioneer. Also if I go through the Pioneer should I let the TV do the processing or the reciever?

·
Registered
409 Posts
In my view modes on my 65VT25, I see :

Vivid, standard, THX, games and custom.

My set will be calibrated by a THX and ISF certified calibrator in July.

But everyone talks about ISF-day and ISF-night modes. How come I can't see those modes in the liste above? Is it only the calibrator who will have access to "unlock" these "hidden" modes?

·
Premium Member
18,307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangevee /forum/post/18787335

In my view modes on my 65VT25, I see : Vivid, standard, THX, games and custom. My set will be calibrated by a THX and ISF certified calibrator in July. But everyone talks about ISF-day and ISF-night modes. How come I can't see those modes in the list above? Is it only the calibrator who will have access to "unlock" these "hidden" modes?

I think the day and night modes were on the Pioneers. On the Panasonics, maybe they use THX mode as the night mode and Custom mode as the day mode?

·
Registered
18,927 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/18787529

I think the day and night modes were on the Pioneers. On the Panasonics, maybe they use THX mode as the night mode and Custom mode as the day mode?

The base template for the ISF modes is Cinema. Cinema is also the base template for THX.

BTW, I will be in the Chicago area 6/25-6/28. If any Panasonic owner wants their display calibrated, PM me.

·
Registered
713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice /forum/post/18787587

The base template for the ISF modes is Cinema. Cinema is also the base template for THX.

BTW, I will be in the Chicago area 6/25-6/28. If any Panasonic owner wants their display calibrated, PM me.

if you will do it for free

·
Registered
18,927 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangevee /forum/post/18787335

In my view modes on my 65VT25, I see :

Vivid, standard, THX, games and custom.

My set will be calibrated by a THX and ISF certified calibrator in July.

But everyone talks about ISF-day and ISF-night modes. How come I can't see those modes in the liste above? Is it only the calibrator who will have access to "unlock" these "hidden" modes?

The ISF modes can only be unlocked via calibrators.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I want to make sure about a specific detail.

I put the set to 96Hz refresh rate for the set to properly handle 1080p/24 material when watching Blu-Ray.

But the other option, the 3:2 pulldown control, I left to "auto".

In the CNET review, they say the TV only passes 1080i de-interlacing tests with 3:2 pulldown set to "On".

Does 3:2 pulldown have anything to do with the 96Hz refresh rate?

MEaning that if I put 3:2 pulldown to "On", does this NEGATIVELY affect the 96Hz refresh in any way ???

·
Registered
216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangevee /forum/post/18787664

I want to make sure about a specific detail.

I put the set to 96Hz refresh rate for the set to properly handle 1080p/24 material when watching Blu-Ray.

But the other option, the 3:2 pulldown control, I left to "auto".

In the CNET review, they say the TV only passes 1080i de-interlacing tests with 3:2 pulldown set to "On".

Does 3:2 pulldown have anything to do with the 96Hz refresh rate?

MEaning that if I put 3:2 pulldown to "On", does this NEGATIVELY affect the 96Hz refresh in any way ???

While outputting a 24p source and in 96hz mode, the 3:2 pulldown option should be grayed out. You shouldn't have the option to mess with it. Or can you?

·
Registered
10,937 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndsparks /forum/post/18787272

They did say "it's the best 2D TV we've ever tested" excluding the Kuro. That is pretty high praise. If anyone cares what theysay.

I agree. It's very high praise. Falls right into line with other reviews that say it's just shy of Kuro performance. Considering that you can get a larger set for less than the comparable Kuro and get the added benefit of 3D tech seems like a pretty safe buy.

2521 - 2540 of 10664 Posts