AVS Forum banner

241 - 260 of 14306 Posts

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I'm dealing with a backlog right now. I will get one, I just do not know when.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzal1122 /forum/post/21998185

@ D-nice

Do you anticipate getting one of these VT-50's soon for review, unless of course you already have access to one? Looking forward to your review and Chad's .

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
D-nice good to see you back!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
@ D-NICE, I know this is the VT50 forum but do you also plan to review or offer settings for the GT50? This TV seems be the most ignored on AVS for some reason and I think it's quite an amazing set.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Glad to see you back D-Nice looking forward to your VT50 settings..........

·
Registered
152 Posts
@D-Nice Have you heard of any issues with the Calman software with VT50?

It seems that Chad B is having trouble.

Being that the VE Shootout is coming up soon, I wonder if these issues will affect the results of the shootout.

Last years shootout was done much later in the year. This gave the Manufacturers time to update the panel with firmwares.

Glad to see you back posting.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by airgon74 /forum/post/21998404

@D-Nice Have you heard of any issues with the Calman software with VT50?

It seems that Chad B is having trouble.

I don't use SpectraCal's software in the manner Chad does when it comes to Panasonic products. It would not surprise me if he is having issues.

Quote:
Being that the VE Shootout is coming up soon, I wonder if these issues will affect the results of the shootout.

It will not.

·
Registered
152 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice /forum/post/21998428

I don't use SpectraCal's software in the manner Chad does when it comes to Panasonic products. It would not surprise me if he is having issues.

It will not.

Great!

Being that the VT50 does not have a serial port. Wouldn't using the ethernet port give you similar issues?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism /forum/post/0

Haven't D-Nice' readings been traditionally lower than Chads? Or is it the other way around? Regardless, the fact that Chad got a lower reading on the VT would mean that D should as well.

In comparing black levels there is another factor to consider. Chad got .0025 on a 65 inch set. DNice got .0028 on a 50 inch set. If this year is like last year then the 60 and 65 inch ST50's should go even lower than .0028.

·
Registered
304 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice /forum/post/21998489

Only if this issues Chad is having is due to the VT50 itself. Also, we don't have to use the ISF modes for the Shootout. Custom mode is fully functional.

According to Panasonic's website they show a laptop and USB cable being used for the ISF settings. I don't know if this works verses using an ethernet connection but thought it was worth mentioning.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
delivery guy should be here this afternoon with my 55" VT50...can't wait, hope I don't get a dud :/

·
Registered
1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam61 /forum/post/21997510

With the Panasonic EPP what level of delivery is included? It didn't give me a choice so I was wondering if it was driveway, threshold, or white glove delivery? I have trouble getting off work sometimes so my wife might have to accept delivery is why I ask. The 65" is a big guy to lug around.

When I got my delivery of a 65" vt30 last Nov/Dec the site made not mention of options, the delivery men put the box just past my threshold and left....

No opening the box, plugging it in or anything. The box was in good shape and no problems with the set itself.....

There was no problems sliding the box around and no staples on the bottom...

·
Registered
32,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLdan /forum/post/21998270

@ D-NICE, I know this is the VT50 forum but do you also plan to review or offer settings for the GT50? This TV seems be the most ignored on AVS for some reason and I think it's quite an amazing set.

I think the reason the GT50 is being ignored is that it's expensive relative to the ST50 -- which is being very well received -- and not much cheaper than the VT50. Most people spending the extra wanted to at least see the VT50 before making a decision.

None of this means the GT50 is bad, just that it came up at an odd enough spot on a price-value curve that is tighter this year due to lower overall pricing.

·
Registered
973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo /forum/post/0

I think the reason the GT50 is being ignored is that it's expensive relative to the ST50 -- which is being very well received -- and not much cheaper than the VT50. Most people spending the extra wanted to at least see the VT50 before making a decision.

None of this means the GT50 is bad, just that it came up at an odd enough spot on a price-value curve that is tighter this year due to lower overall pricing.

I think the GT50 is a pointless SKU with its lack of picture options. Makes no sense to me, when all of Panny's competitors offer VT50-level settings for almost their entire lines.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
I agree. I think the only way the GT line will ever get noticed, is if they add the 10-point grayscale and gamma adjustment.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice /forum/post/21998152

Your answer does not apply to everyone. The correct answer would be it's dependend on the individual. I could see a difference between my 500M (0.0005fL) and the 111FD (0.001fL) when I had one. I can see a difference between my enhanced 101FD (unknown but below 0.0002fL) compared to my 500M (0.0005fL). I can see a difference between my 5020FD E-lite (0.0009fL) and 101FD/500M. I can see a difference between the Sharp Elite (0.0004fL) and a 151/141FD (0.001fL). I am not the only one that can see these differences. This is of course in a dark room with no lights.

Well i was assuming since 0.002 and 0.001 is so close. I don't know how much of a difference that can make to black levels. Especially with dynamic content. I would expect black levels to be noticeable side by side between a 500m/101 and 111/151. But i doubt 151/111 owners are wondering about the 0.0005fl of the monitors (or sharp) when watching movies in their home. I know i don't. My 151 is pretty dark. And i've tested the sharp with my favorite black level test, harry potter ATHBP. It was dark, but i didn't feel my 151 was inferior in any way(i actually preferd it! Must be the look). It wasn't side by side though, which is kinda my point.

I expect the same with the VT50. 0.002 is a good number.

How the heck did you get your 101 to 0.0002fl?????

241 - 260 of 14306 Posts