AVS Forum banner

17181 - 17200 of 17407 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I have a TC-P65VT60 that when i plug to the wall it clicks 3 times and the power light just blinks 3 times over and over I thought I remembered it only clicking twice when it worked can someone tell me what is the most likely board that needs to be replaced?
TIA

According to the 2012 troubleshooting (S series)guide the 3 blink code is for the A board then P board as the number two choice. It may be related to the power line (P15) between the A board and the power supply. So only two boards that can do this. I'd think the 60 series should be similar.

·
Registered
108 Posts
According to the 2012 troubleshooting (S series)guide the 3 blink code is for the A board then P board as the number two choice. It may be related to the power line (P15) between the A board and the power supply. So only two boards that can do this. I'd think the 60 series should be similar.

Thanks
I will replace the P but probably just skip on the A board they are more expensive than i want to spend for a bedroom tv.

·
Registered
969 Posts
ZT60 says otherwise
Dark room performance was supposedly identical, so for VT60 owners that only watch TV in the dark, we can hang our hats on better sound and a Skype camera.

·
Registered
969 Posts
LOL @ better sound

:)
I understand your laughter, and my comments were meant as a joke, but the VT60 does supposedly have "much better" built in speakers. Having said that, I doubt most people here are utilizing them on either tv, or at least not for very long. I did use them for quite some time until I broke down and got some new home audio equipment. One time I was certain they were pressurizing my room and shaking the floor, but it turned out to be an actual earthquake.

Reactions: eaayoung

·
Registered
661 Posts
I understand your laughter, and my comments were meant as a joke, but the VT60 does supposedly have "much better" built in speakers. Having said that, I doubt most people here are utilizing them on either tv, or at least not for very long. I did use them for quite some time until I broke down and got some new home audio equipment. One time I was certain they were pressurizing my room and shaking the floor, but it turned out to be an actual earthquake.

I actually used my tv speakers quite often. Call me crazy but late at night or early in the morning I had no want or need to use my surround system. Pretty sure I’m in the minority on this site but lots of folks out there do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
661 Posts
Has anyone had any green blobs show up on their VT60? Mine started to develop them about four months ago and has gotten worse over time to where it’s noticeable just about all of the time. I’ll try and remember to post some pictures this weekend.

Finally remembered to snap some photos. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Has anyone else noticed vertical banding on their VT60? I've started noticing it on mine, but it's pretty faint and really only visible when the screen is mostly bright, something like looking up towards the sky in Red Dead Redemption 2 or Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

Not sure if there's anything I can do about this?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys!
I just got a 55VT60 and was wondering where I could find some calibration profiles for movies, YouTube stuff, and for gaming.
Thank you!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Until you find the calibration parameters that you like, I recommend the THX Cinema picture mode setting.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Finally remembered to snap some photos. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Just bumping this I think my TV is on the way out. Getting a LOT of HDMI handshake issues as well as intermittent static on different HDMI inputs. Also that discoloration is spreading to more of the screen.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Just bumping this I think my TV is on the way out. Getting a LOT of HDMI handshake issues as well as intermittent static on different HDMI inputs. Also that discoloration is spreading to more of the screen.

That sucks. I've been thinking about upgrading mine to 4k but it's still working fine for now. I've been trying to decide OLED or I just learned about the quantum dot QLED stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
661 Posts
That sucks. I've been thinking about upgrading mine to 4k but it's still working fine for now. I've been trying to decide OLED or I just learned about the quantum dot QLED stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a 55” C6 OLED in another room and while it’s great I still enjoyed my plasma until the color issues. I mentioned it before but I was wanting this tv to get me to 2021 or thereabouts so that all the dust could settle on HDMI and the more attractive form factors might be closer to my price bracket.

If something does happen to your set or you just can’t resist the upgrade itch the new OLED TVs are excellent displays and you’d be hard pressed to find someone that would disagree.

As it stands now I may just move the OLED to the living room and get a TCL for the game room. Not looking forward the 5” downgrade in size though. Really bummed though. You know it’s an excellent set when even your flip phone using mother-in-law comments on the picture quality within five minutes of seeing it (we have since upgraded her to an iPhone).

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I have a 55” C6 OLED in another room and while it’s great I still enjoyed my plasma until the color issues. I mentioned it before but I was wanting this tv to get me to 2021 or thereabouts so that all the dust could settle on HDMI and the more attractive form factors might be closer to my price bracket...
Please don't wait til 2021...buy the newest and greatest technology right now! Because the earlier you buy it, the sooner the newest 8K devices, newest HDMI specs, newest audio codecs, etc. will hit the market for the rest of us lemming$. :D

·
Registered
661 Posts
Please don't wait til 2021...buy the newest and greatest technology right now! Because the earlier you buy it, the sooner the newest 8K devices, newest HDMI specs, newest audio codecs, etc. will hit the market for the rest of us lemming$. :D
I'm in the same boat as you! I'm waiting for the early adopters so I can get the trickle down tech.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi all, how do you access the service menu to view the total usage hours? What hours would be considered low and high? I'm looking at purchasing a used VT60 and want to make sure it's had an easy life. Anything else I should look for ie. pink banding etc?

·
Premium Member
18,274 Posts
Hi all, how do you access the service menu to view the total usage hours? What hours would be considered low and high? I'm looking at purchasing a used VT60 and want to make sure it's had an easy life. Anything else I should look for ie. pink banding etc?

You don't have to go into the Service Menu on the 2013 models - see this post:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/167-plasma-flat-panel-displays/1450484-official-panasonic-tc-pxxst60-series-thread-317.html#post25714633

--

·
Registered
356 Posts
Anyone else having their 5 year warranty come up soon? I just got an email from Geek Squad asking if I wanted one more year of coverage for $150......Not sure if its worth it. Maybe if they cover the original purchase price but if they try to pull some 5 year depreciation price on me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,
I just purchased a 55” VT60 but am having some issues. Via PS3 I am getting grain/noise/snow across the whole screen. I’ve tried the other HDMI inputs as well as resetting and unplugging the unit but with no luck. It seems that even on the set-up menu I am having the same problem. It doesn’t appear to be colored grain/snow just a constant shimmering effect across the whole screen. I’m really at a loss here with this and could use some advice if anyone has any. Cheers

17181 - 17200 of 17407 Posts