AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the official Pacific Family Entertainment (PFE) and The Final Countdown complaints (and related) thread. As other threads of the same topic get posted to, I will close them. Any new threads on the subject will be closed. If you want to complain about PFE or the delays in releasing The Final Countdown, this is the thread to do it in.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
I am sorry you don't want to respond, I watched this movie tonight on my line doubled 480i HDTV, it's a shame this disc has not been received by the fully paid people that trusted PFE to send a product that was due on January 15, 2002.

I ordered 2 copies to bolster sales you have $19.95 + $4.50 shipping to lose me it's double that figure. I don't like being made a joke of by in business 22 year old company. This my last try at getting responses let the thread die as my trust has already died. It's not the money we are loosing, but one beautifully made film with an exciting movie soundtrack to die with it also. :(

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
I called PFE and asked the question I got the same lady that takes the orders. Right before she hung up the phone on me, she said their was a substitue on for her and that the disc was going to be shipped some this week blah blah blah! :mad:

Badgerfan please get your order tracking number from PFE, I'll bet their is no such set of numbers. If you do get some numbers call this toll free number for United Parcel Service 1-800-742-5877 and put in on this thread only. Larry Davis was kind enough to give poor souls this *official* thread posting page. Be thoughtful to our kind Larry, and put your posts on this page. TIA :)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Boy! This goes to show you how disgusted people are with PFE that they don't even want to come to this dedicates PFE Sucks thread to vent!

PFE... Will ya just sell the damn rights to a legitamate company (Anchor Bay maybe) who will treat this film with the respect it deserves!

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
I am getting tired of somebody blowing the horn just to find, oh my he was a sustitute. He didn't know what he was talking about the disc is being released next week.

Next week is June you told me PFE were going to relase it in May. *crunch* If you like to make a call hang up a try again crappola from the lady that takes your order then hangs up the phone so she can take another order. Too bad we can't take the words PFE and add a nick or 2 to it.:)

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Now, please don't shoot me. I'm only the messenger.

I just talked with PFE (Tuesday 11:15 am, PDT), and was told by the gal we've probably all talked to, that it's shipping this week. She says she has this info in "black and white" (a memo I guess). I mentioned that no one will believe it until they actually receive one. She still insisted it's shipping via UPS this week.

I'm not holding my breath.

Frank S, I especially don't want you to shoot me :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
I called about an hour later and got the same story. She said she got a note with a big exclamation mark saying it would go out this week via UPS. Why do I doubt her?

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
I have received my credit for both orders of The Final Countdown on my credit card.

I also called but I got her saying, we had trouble with the *lab*. We expect to ship about the middle of June blah blah blah

What I think has happened is when the bought Triumph Studios AKA the lab (IMHO), they were hopeful that the big number of people that were interested, would purchase a pre-order, but we know that didn't happen.

I got two $24.95 credits on my credit card. Fellow poster FrankS said I want a good studio that would do a good job on the digital remastering and the new 5.1 sound track. I would also like what FrankS wants, but if it isn't going to happen. I with my region hac*ed progressive scan DVD player, I would rather have another countries Digital versus what PFE will ship if ever.

Triumph Studios was a nobody and when PFE bought them, they got a nobody for a production company. I supect they're what PFE is referring to, when they mention the lab. I like so many other AVS forum members will wait, until TFC is reveiwed by AVS member(s) before they ever hear my voice again.:D

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hob
I also called but I got her saying, we had trouble with the *lab*. We expect to ship about the middle of June blah blah blah
Let me be sure I'm getting this straight. Myself and badgerfan call within an hour of each other and we we're both told this week. You then called a few hours later and were told that a problem had developed with the lab and the ship date changed to mid June? Can you confirm this? If so, something is obviously very wrong. Did you talk to an older sounding lady?

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Badgerfan said they now have substitutes on for the old gal, who is probably sick of telling everyone the lab had more trouble. Like in Fantasy Island Herve Villachaez would say "The Plane The Plane, he committed suicide.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just talked to the lady at PFE who now says they were not shipped out yet but would be shipped this weekend. I did not know that UPS worked on the weekends picking up deliveries. She assured me that both VHS and DVD were shipping. She even stated that they gave her a VHS copy because she doesn't have one of those new machines that play DVD. Tracking numbers for UPS will be available next week.

I still highly doubt this story!

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
I called yesterday a 4:42PM EDT I got our favorite order taker, who said they will be going out next week. I said June is next week you positively said May.

You'll just have to leave a message for our president on his tape recoreder, I already have and didn't get any calls. When the actual shipping date is I was told the during the month of May.

I don't know when they are going to ship the disc, badgerfan she didn't mention any *VHS* at all. I had to wait until someone posted, I was the last poster. I really believe FrankS when he said, give it to someone who knows what they are doing.

I believe that also, let Artisan do it!

Here are 2 long distance telephone calls I have to pay for that those Bas***** didn't even call me back, one was a guy named Steve:

1. May 16th 11:14AM to Santa Ana, CA 714-669-4900 4.0 minutes

2. May 16th 1:31 PM to Santa Ana CA 714-669-4900

I won't put the prices charged,I am not in a good mood after receiving them! All for nothing because neither the president or his minion Steve called back! I have just updated my post here on the 31st day of May the month they were to ship it yeah right. I don't think they will get any U.P.S. service during the weekend what **** n bull story she gave badgerfan!

O/T I should know I use to go up to their breakbulk in CT and have some java with them. Brown Derbys us TT drivers called them, they were always pissed that they had to work weekends, but the local satellites didn't. They also came to visit us at our breakbulk, we had a 24 hour diner right next door. Two of the drivers were good petite looking gals, that could handle driving easily. Professial drivers were hired by my company and theirs, both were teamsters union companies.

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by badgerfan
Just talked to the lady at PFE who now says they were not shipped out yet but would be shipped this weekend. I did not know that UPS worked on the weekends picking up deliveries. She assured me that both VHS and DVD were shipping. She even stated that they gave her a VHS copy because she doesn't have one of those new machines that play DVD. Tracking numbers for UPS will be available next week.

I still highly doubt this story!
Not sure about UPS, but you can drop off packages at many FedEx offices on Saturday. That doesn't mean they will really go anywhere. Of course, in this context, I don't think it matters when they go to UPS or call UPS to pick up. It looks like they won't have anything to drop off or pick up.

My only concern at this point is that if they should ship a DVD and it arrives at my office, I'll be so shocked I'll probably drop dead on the spot. Is PFE responsible if that happens :)

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
I'll be fried if the disc has been Digitally mastered and in 5.1 like they said they were going to have it. My Vestron Video vhs tape has no Dolby in it yet the IMDb says it was released in Dolby Surround.

I put a thread on the IMDb Science Fiction board, let's see who or how many respond to that thread. I am a member and can post messages on the main message board, not just the individual movie message boards.

I of course have a different user name, if your a member you will know my user name by my signature if nothing else! The Ninth Gate Movie page from 4 dvd images, my text that our Sutter Cane review made me a 9 gate lover of! :)

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
I was on The Final Countdown website and I read this, according to Sanborn TFC is on a differnent URL. [email protected] They are NOT shipping it out UPS (cheapies) read this, I cut, copied, and pasted it. Date Check 6/2/02

Could It Really Be? Part III

Mark P. just sent me an email with the surprising news that Pacific Familiy Entertainment called him -- yes, called him -- on his cell phone to tell him they were shipping the movie this and next weekend. So I'm keeping a close eye on the mailbox.

As always, I have some ordering information below. And if you're reading this and wondering why I haven't emailed you with the news, it's because I'm saving that for when it gets here AND I've seen it, and can confirm the quality.

This was on the main page of The Final Coundown website maintained by Sanborn, the web page can be sent anyone of you if you give me your e-mail address. Since it was long WebTV cut off the full URL. I can send the page, but not the full URL. I have been monitoring this Official Website and the digital bits which had nothing on it for months, Bill Hunt of the digital bits must be on a long vacation.

When I see Sanborns or your reviews that say it' great and the sound is awsome, I shall reorder TFC, looks like it might be in the mail first class or media. It's up to them to choose what class the disc will ship in. Let me know on this Offical THE Final Countdown thread here at AVS forum. Who knows what quality it will be I am as cautious as Sanborn and FrankS!!!!!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I don't know... it just sounds like their saying it's US mail so when people ask for a tracking number there just happens to be none becasue it's US mail. And of course they can delay more by blaming the US Mail for it being delayed when it doesn't arrive in a week or so. Now the old lady can tell everyone "we did ship it in the US Mail, it must be their fault you don't have it"!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Another pack of lies from PFE, I just called and inquired if I could stop over and pick up a copy of Final Countdown, of course I could not because they had to ship out the thousands of orders that had already been placed. The operator said possibly in a couple of weeks I could pick one up. The old lady is so good at stroking people.

I asked if they did ship copies this past weekend and she assured me they did via UPS. I mentioned that UPS generally doesn't pick up on Saturdays

and wondered if I could get a tracking number if I ordered a DVD and it was sent UPS, she inquired and I heard someone yell back at her that they had 20,000 orders to ship out and can't give out tracking numbers.

I mentioned that I doubted that they actually shipped UPS and asked to speak to someone in shipping. I don't know how this happened but somehow I got cut off. I wonder if she hung up on me?

I checked with UPS and they do pick up on Saturday in Tustin, California however a $10.00 charge applies to each and every package sent out and each package has a tracking number.

It appears that PFE must have hired Bill Clinton to train them how to lie!

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
I just called PFE and told the woman politely what badgerfan told me, a man started to talk to the woman saying these *mental patients* (that's plural) are driving *us* the wall asking did The Final Countdown Ship!

Don't call us anymore said the woman after being told the above. *crunch* if you like to make a call please hang up and try again!

I can see the handwriting on the wall guys, I just hope they sell the rights if in deed they ever bought them to artisan or another good name in Digital Mastering and DVD manufacturing!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Guess what? The telephone operator at PFE must have got religion as she finally admitted to me at 11:30cdt that no copies of Final Countdown have been shipped. Shipment is now supposed to possibly start this weekend.

This company is a disgrace I talked to Ramone yesterday, he is supposed to work in shipping and answers the phone now and then, and he assured me the copies had been sent out.

I have E-mailed and left numerous messages with a variety of people concerning this Final Countdown fiasco and have never received a response.

How can a company so poorly run stay in business?

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
I at this point of time am wondering did they even buy the the rights off of Vestron Video the last company to make vhs copies of the movie. The Vestro video copy didn't use the Dolby Stereo, they used a cheap mono sound.

That guy wrote about PFE and the digital bits (Bill Hunt) on 3/29/2001. To see this for yourself go to www.imdb.com goto pull down shade to Title, type The Final Countdown in hit go. Go past the credits to where you see message board hit that then you'll see the individual messages. Hit a few until you hit the 3/29/01 with the digital bits rumor mill said PFE is gearing up for a summer release of 2001.

No company worth it's salt will pull a stunt like PFE is *still* doing IMHO!:mad:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.