AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to get a thread started but got limited replies so I thought I would try to make this one official, because I know there are a lot of PFL5505 owners out there. Just need to get the discussion back on track. Here are my current settings:

40PFL5505D/F7

Contrast: 78

Brightness: 55

Color:35

Tint/sharpness: 0 (IMO anything past -3/3 distorts the image quality)

Color Temp: Normal

Everything else: OFF

Picture format:Unscaled

As I discussed in other forums I am having an issue with the oranges being to red, so if you have advice let me know.

Please when you post, let your model number be known so we can minimize confusion. Thanks.

·
Registered
229 Posts
For the price compared to other offerings I'm really interested in the 55" for this philips but have read the it may not be a true 240Hz? Also it shows a 1ms response time is that accurate?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought this TV a couple of weeks ago and I'm using it with a standard def DirecTV box currently. I've noticed that parts of the picture seem to 'drag' or hang sometimes. I can't find anything anywhere that tells me how to fix it, or if anyone else sees this. It was really apparent during the Masters yesterday. There was one camera shot where it looked like the ground and the gallery were moving independently of each other due to the movement of the camera. Hard to imagine that a TV with 240Hz can't handle a little camera movement! Any ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.