AVS Forum banner

501 - 520 of 31040 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalc3 /forum/post/14446045


Bob,


There is definetely something going on with the red in pdp.. Imagine when you see the color bars with the red filters, you are suppose to see several black rectangles over a red background... In other words the other small color bars should disapear... With pdp, these bars don't dissapear completely.

In all the other video presets you can see this happening...

I'm lost in this land of red- so which is the better preset for Kuro owners, 'PDP', Pioneer PDP or Professional. In other words what produces the best image?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiraca /forum/post/14446009


I think we have all learned our lessons from powerbuys. For example, in Hamilton NJ, Rock Dreams is an authorized dealer, and quoted $642.00 for the 05. I had already place my order with the powerbuy with thedigitalbits. Now, with the issues with movies with 1.0, I regret not buying it locally, and I would have had it faster anyway. The lack of communication from our seller has baffled me as well. I did purchase the 3800 two weeks back due to the issues we were hearing with the first units available, and the 05 will be shipped right back if I began to see lock ups right away. If a $399 Sony 350 can perform flawlessly, why cant this machine? All I know is I have two weeks left to return the 3800, and if the 05 doesnt come in that timeframe, its automatically going back because the picture with the 3800 is incredible on my projector, and my standard dvds have never looked better, even on my two elite plasma's (920 and 1130).


I tried thedigitalbit route. Received the e-mail on the price, but when I asked how to order I never received a response. Sent two additional e-mails and called the store twice, but no one could give me information and said I had to talk to Josh. Finally gave up and ordered a 51 from VE. Little disappointed in the delay, but Robert has given me good service on the other four HD players I've purchased. Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and attribute it to Pioneer and delays beyond Robert's control.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shsinclair /forum/post/14446549


I'm lost in this land of red- so which is the better preset for Kuro owners, 'PDP', Pioneer PDP or Professional. In other words what produces the best image?

At this point I would avoid PDP.. Is your display ISF calibrated at D65?

If it is then I would go with the professional setting.. Otherwise, you should try to test it with an HD Basics Blu ray disk or any other HD test pattern and make a decision...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
I just called my local BB and the Customer Service rep said they have 2 allocated from their warehouse to be shipped to their particular store. She said they get a truck on Monday.


Here's the interesting part... two days ago they said that they had 0 in their warehouse.


Since it's clear that particular store's allocation is very recent (within the last few days), what are the chances it's a v1.0 player?


Also, I *just* signed up for the BB rewards program... can I get my hands on a 10% off coupon without waiting for it to just show up in the mail?


I was just about to pull the trigger with VE, but if I can get my hands on a 10% off coupon, I might run to BB on Monday.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,247 Posts
The manual indicates in "professional" mode video processing is restrained and by video processing they would typically be referring to variations of gamma, color, brightness, contrast, and sharpness applied to the different modes. Modes other than their "professional" are nonsense.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8N8 /forum/post/14446709


I just called my local BB and the Customer Service rep said they have 2 allocated from their warehouse to be shipped to their particular store. She said they get a truck on Monday.


Here's the interesting part... two days ago they said that they had 0 in their warehouse.


Since it's clear that particular store's allocation is very recent (within the last few days), what are the chances it's a v1.0 player?


Also, I *just* signed up for the BB rewards program... can I get my hands on a 10% off coupon without waiting for it to just show up in the mail?


I was just about to pull the trigger with VE, but if I can get my hands on a 10% off coupon, I might run to BB on Monday.

Are you speaking of the 51 or the 05? In light of the 05's anticipated release within days can other people please specificy which model they are posting on as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shsinclair /forum/post/14446747


Are you speaking of the 51 or the 05? In light of the 05's anticipated release within days can other people please specificy which model they are posting on as well.

Sorry... my comment was in regards to the 51.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fuller68 /forum/post/14445715


Is anyone getting the 05 through the powerbuy a few months back?


Thanks,

M1

I asked the exact same question last night, M1, but my post (along with several other member's similar posts) was deleted by our mod, Mark. He left this note:

Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin /forum/post/14442318


Sorry guys but we have to remind that where to buy and pricing posts are not allowed here: please limit your posts to technical issues


posts deleted

I asked for clarification, but haven't heard back from him yet. Bottom line is...while I would like to discuss your question, I don't wish to go against forum rules and risk getting suspended. It might be that he prefers us to take discussions regarding vendors and dealer's offline. As such, you're welcome to PM me if you like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherhole /forum/post/14445579


I didn't notice any inherent red push from the PDP, but I definitely wasn't doing any calibrations back and forth to tell otherwise. All I did was switched back and forth between Pioneer PDP and PDP during normal content mostly to see any visible differences, which there were. Also interesting to note, The LCD setting was noticeably darker than PDP or Pioneer PDP settings, probably due to a totally different gamma setting. Like I stated, Pioneer PDP offered a more natural looking image than the others for my display.

I agree, Aetherhole. Even my wife commented on what a great pic it produces with our 5020.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,055 Posts
Quick questions, got my 51 today and I hooked it up component (only option with my rptv) for video and hdmi for audio and they set up navigator on screen said that hdmi audio is not available with component for video. Is this correct or is there a work around? This is my 5th bluray player including the Pioneer BFD-95 and all of them allowed me to use hdmi for audio and component for video. Thanks in advance for any help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau /forum/post/14445745


I don't think you are correctly picturing the port savers I am talking about. They don't increase the lever arm because they include a short length of flexible cable. For example:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2


--Bob

Yes, I saw this one also. But how would it prevent applying strain to the HDMI port on the unit? The only minute advantage to that connection is making a thicker cable thinner at the actual HDMI port. There will still be strain on the HDMI port from the wait of the cable pulling down on the connector.


IMO the only thing that will positively prevent pressure on the port itself is something like this.

http://www.basshome.com/xantech_hdmi...15005_prd1.htm


This would prevent any force from being applied to the connection itself. All the force would be distributed to the screw connection instead of the port.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
I am in the setup menu of the 51fd and am having trouble setting the audio and speakers. I have a denon 4308 avr connected to the 51fd using a jvc rs-1 projector. When I try to adjust the audio settings, they are all greyed out, other then dts downmix. I have a 7.1 system and want to get the most out of this unit. Is there something I am doing incorrectly?


Thanks for your help.


Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes /forum/post/14446026


I went with a VE pre-sale back in June based on the high praise they had on this site.

Must say I'm a bit upset these units are out there and I have to wait until the end of month. (2 1/2 weeks)

I suppose I can wait- but man- major bummer.

I feel your pain. I pre-ordered mind on the 17th of June. This really sucks big time considering that I took vacation time earlier then I normally do because I wanted to be home when the 51 was delivered. Which was suppose to be by the end of July. I'm not blaming VE. I'm just venting because Pioneer made commitments to their dealers that they couldn't keep.


And what does the "end of the month" really mean? That's pretty vague. Is that the last week of the month? The last day of the month? I would think Pioneer would provide VE with a tracking number when they ship him his allocation.


If VE does get tracking information from Pioneer that would indicate that VE's allocation hasn't even shipped yet since VE can't give us an exact arrival time of their allocation. Major, MAJOR Bummer!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,055 Posts
The more I think about it is that this is silly that I can't use HDMI for audio and component for video, the work around is just not obvious.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldonandy /forum/post/14447712


The more I think about it is that this is silly that I can't use HDMI for audio and component for video, the work around is just not obvious.

The workaround may be the 05 unit. The only substantial changes between the 51 manual and the 05 manual would indicate the 05 can pass audio through HDMI while outputting video through something other than HDMI. Obviously this needs needs to be confirmed but there was some speculation this written change could be due to differing release dates of the manuals and possibly both units would perform similarly. At least you have confirmed the 51 units operation is consistant with it's manual therefore there's hope, for those interested, that 05 will perform as outlined in it's manual.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch57 /forum/post/14447513


Yes, I saw this one also. But how would it prevent applying strain to the HDMI port on the unit? The only minute advantage to that connection is making a thicker cable thinner at the actual HDMI port. There will still be strain on the HDMI port from the wait of the cable pulling down on the connector.


IMO the only thing that will positively prevent pressure on the port itself is something like this.

http://www.basshome.com/xantech_hdmi...15005_prd1.htm


This would prevent any force from being applied to the connection itself. All the force would be distributed to the screw connection instead of the port.


I have bought the HDMI cable from monoprice and BlueJean. BlueJean is more expensive but a lot thinner!! The Monoprice is Thick and Heavy!!! Even disconnected once. If anyone is thinking about buying an HDMI cable, check out BlueJean!!
 
501 - 520 of 31040 Posts
Top