AVS Forum banner

261 - 280 of 504 Posts

·
Registered
12,684 Posts
never heard that one before. I cant tell. however, if you have a network switch and both PC and receiver are on wired connection, you can put them on the switch to shield the traffic from router's interference. Try it and see what happens.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you again Fox,

Could you recomend a brand of a good switch (could you be so kind to recomend me a model.?) a budget one

Gracias..!!

Errol77

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you Foxbat121,

I do some test just a minute ago, the Internet Radio is perfect... all the time is accessing the Radios stations without any problem...

Witch leave me that the Router-Modem is not the problem... why the internet radio is perfect meanwile the Media Server is ok only for the first 15 minutes, this is very rare

I also disconet the Ethernet cable from the Receiver to the Router-Modem offcourse the Internet Radio tell me "Error Server" message, and when I connected again the Ethernet cable ... guess what

the Media Server connects again to the Root for other 15 minutes again.. without (poweroff the receiver)

My conclusion that maybe I have a defective One Receiver....

What you think?.., please is very important to my your thoughts and comments,

Do you have all Time access to the Media Server (To the root) after 20 minutes.?

MANY MANY THANKS..!!

Saludos.!

·
Registered
12,684 Posts
Media server uses UPnP which is basically HTTP over UDP, not the common communication protocol you use for any other functions. If a router drops those UDP broadcasting packets (as some of them do), you get the problems.

And since your internet radio works just fine, that just proves that your networking hardware on the receiver is fine. The only difference between the two are software used and protocols used.

BTW, media server feature does tend to lockup a lot. I had to unplug the power on mine once just so that it will connect to servers instead of stucking on 'waiting...' message. And I found the UI of Media server is ugly. As a result, I rather use the tablets, smartphones or PCs to push the contents I want to listen to the receiver, rather than using the receiver to browse for it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great INFO Fox,

Haw I can push the media to the receiver..?, I have many Hi-definition media in the PC that is not supported by tablets and phones. I mixed in 96Kbps in TRACKTOR and other format like AIFF and FLAC, WAV..

Please tell me ...

Again many thanks for all your super help..!

Errol77

·
Registered
12,684 Posts
On a Windows PC (Vista or later), you can simply use Play To feature that is built-in. On Android tablets or phones, there are many DLNA apps out there that let you pick songs from any DLNA server and direct to the receiver. Try Skifta app. The tablet or phone doesn't have to be able to play them because the software here is just a controller.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dear All.

I use my PC all time and have a 2nd room in Zone 2 with my wonderfull Dynaudio speakers in the PC room.... but use the Phone to search and play don't atract me very much, also The windows media Player has a medium to good audio quality, and don't like to much to Push audio into the Pioneer Elite AVR

I look some great players in Windows as it is Foobar2000, I like it very much, I hear is one of the best audio performers in windows and the best is free...

Does anyone know if I can use Foobar2000 to Push the audio to the receiver..?, or any function I need to activate to have the Play To feature ..?

Or Maybe other Windows 7 DLNA best audio player that you recomend

Thank you again for any comment in this respect

Sincerely

·
Registered
12,684 Posts
The Play To feature needs to be built in to the app/player. When you use Play To DLNA push feature, the original audio digital stream is pushed to the receiver. So the quality of the player software you use has no impact on audio output of the receiver. It is up to receiver to process those digital audio streams.

·
Registered
10 Posts
As always Thank you Fox.!

Good to know the audio digital steams are intact from PC -> pushing to the Receiver..

Speaking about digital streams thru the network (cable Ethernet with a switch), I hear that there could be some loss of quality coming from the PC to the AVR I think is called JITTER.

Is this true playing 96KHz or higher content thru Ethernet cable and SC-65 ? and if it is so... what will be your recomendation to eliminate as much as possible this loss.

Also hear that the only model that support strems JITTER free are the TOP model from Pioneer AKA SC-68 and SC-79 with a dedicaded USB Front Cable between PC and AVR.

Maybe I'm little confuse about the JITTER and only is present with the HDMI connection,

Thank you for your kind response.

Sincerely,

·
Registered
12,684 Posts
Jitter is commonly referring to HDMI connection, not this streaming. There are too many stages in this and you are typically started with a lossy MP3 anyway. I personally don't care about jittering, nor I can hear such thing. So, I'm not the person to ask this question. But I can say this: if your speakers are not $5k each, you probably not in the business of caring about jittering either.

BTW, the Pioneer version of anti-jitter technology is called PQLS (over HDMI only). This receiver already supports it but you need a Pioneer Elite BD player that also supports PQLS to complete the loop.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Excellent Fox,

I will buy you a drink for all your kind Help ... It's a shame that I don't live nearby.

I allways try to use WAV, SACD, Audio DVD or any other format over 44 Khz 16 bit content, and don't use MP3, ACC, or any looseless format by anymeans... I'm very picky about playing lossless in this excellent AVR. I leave my Denon in my Bed room to do standard CD or WAV.

Good point about speakers, I use a Definitive Technology almost Top line 5.1 in main room, and in 2nd Zone I have little better "Dynaudio Speakers" (I think are the best), many studios including Pioneer certification "Airstudios" have this brand of speakers in all of recording rooms (offcourse bigger ones).

Agree with you about Jittering, I don't know if this a REAL or just a Marketing blurb.

Here is an open Question to all people..

Does anyone hear the difference WITH AND WITHOUT JITTER in this Receiver aka PQLS (over HDMI only). ..?

UPDATE: Here a link from Stereophile about digital Jitter, that I will read tomorrow.
http://www.stereophile.com/reference/1093jitter/

I'm very tented to buy the Pioneer Elite BD player with multi-PLQS and try to hear if this Real improvment..

PLEASE SEND YOUR THOUGHTs

Kind Regards/Saludos..!

·
Registered
941 Posts
I would like to see what others are achieving with EQ ??

Im a newbie to MCACC but can anyone explain these graphs?

Did the Full Auto MCACC, then reajusted to small ,corrected distance ,Levels , did the Save All SP and redid MCACC

This is with just Left Speaker

Blue = Direct ,EQ ON

Green = Direct , EQ OFF

Red = Pure Direct ,..NO EQ

direct.jpg 78k .jpg fileOriginally Posted by randyc1

Can anyone explain these differences ?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
9,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyc1  /t/1448081/official-pioneer-elite-sc-65-sc-1527-k-owners-thread/200_100#post_23775028

Yes i know , but no responces there either ??

well, maybe no one knows what you're reason for asking is? or where they came from or how you took them (Pioneer data dump, REW, Omnimic, XTZ, etc)? or what would you like to know? or what's confusing about them to you? or how you set your speakers for bass mgmt or what crossover was used? or even a basic what speakers they represent since there's only set of comparisons?

at face value, they more or less make sense to me...at face value.

but without knowing any system, speaker setup, what speakers are these measurements for, the room acoustic, subwoofer or not, how many if any, what you'd like to gain from this, there's nothing really anyone can discuss. plus, these measurements (however you took them) are unique to your room, your speaker(s), your calibration parameters, etc so comparing with someone else is pointless.

plus, you freely admit you took Auto MCACC settings and changed the distance and channel levels. not sure why you did that. distance is not the physical distance, but the acoustic distance, especially for subs may not be the same at all as the physical distance. distance also takes into account the delays from going thru multiple DSP's in the receiver. for instance, I have an outboard SVS Audyssey based sub EQ'r and without it, every Pioneer I've owned sets the sub distance ballpark about 15 ft. even tho physical distance is a bit shorter than that. going thru the SVS EQ however, now 2 Pioneers set the distance at 22-23 ft! the lag going thru the ext sub EQ with all its processing adds to the delay time and hence distance.

so, you took the auto EQ and basically threw some of it out the window in favor of some other settings. so how is someone supposed to relate to & comment on any measurements you took & whether they makes sense or not?

they certainly don't represent what the Auto EQ calibration would have or could have been.

at least you got some discussion

·
Registered
9,718 Posts
Direct uses MCACC

Pure Direct does not

there's minor differences once you get past the bass region and that's consistent with how a graphic or even parametric EQ'r seems to work. it basically tracks the non EQ'izd response, less of a dip here or less of a bump there...why, because MCACC is a 9 band graphic equalizer, not a parametric so there's gaps in the "corrections" applied between the freq bands.

a more sophisticated parametric EQ like Yamaha YPAO and certainly Audyssey with its time domain measurements could have more of flatter overall response. I was able to achieve more or less flat bass with the exception of 2 true room nulls using Velodyne's built-in parametric EQ'r in my hi $$ DD sub. the SVS Audyssey EQ'r I have is even flatter

differences in bass response - you do have the effects of the Standing Wave Filter and Phase Control at work. SWF is a 3 freq notch parametric filter and is set automatically based on the measurement Pioneer takes or can be manually set, cutting 3 bass region freq's so that peaks are smoothed out. Phase Control also has an effect by increasing the group delay where the measurements are taken until all the freq's more or less are close to the same amplitude at the mic.

makes sense?

it still doesn't negate the fact that your graph is unique and may not represent what MCACC would have done since you changed some parameters. all in all, conclusions from your graph cannot be generalized without knowing exactly what you did, how you measured, what speakers were measured, were they set as Large or Small, was a sub used or not, what the crossover was, etc. IOW, no real conclusions can be made, one way or another, whether they are "good" and typical of a Pioneer calibration. but my guess is the mid to high where the EQ'd and non-EQ'd responses more or less track each other, dip by dip, peak by peak are typical for the type of EQ system it is. a true parametric EQ above the bass region might show more differences. who knows...

·
Registered
941 Posts
Ok these measurements were taken with emc8000 and REW for Statement Monitor speaker (1), No Sub ,set to small , 80hz

The Mic was never moved .

Yes i ajusted the levels with the rew spl meter more precisely.

Mcacc set speakers to large even my excisting center ( Kef Egg?)

Should i have left them to Large also ?

I understand the why sub distance is further to compensate for elec delay and was not touched.and not used for these measurements.

Just trying to understand the differences in the high freq?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dear All,

Just want to know what is a regular Powed Drawn from this excellent Receiver SC-65.

Everyone knows the power handling of the aparatus can deliver 130 Watts x 9 (8 Ohms) at full power into the speakers for a Total of 720 W, I assume an average of; Power Consumption = 330 Watts. at medium- high load,;

In real life with a standard setup (5.1 or 7.1) I used more less between -45 to -30 in the volume grid depending of the source, even at night I use between -45 to -50 more offen.

I don't think the Power drawn of the AVR is consuming more than 150 Watts at this level of volume and it consume almost equal to a regular PC with a performence GPU and CPU..

Does any of you know by any chance what is the Real power consumption of this SC-65 at a low-medium volume or level..?

I think this is very important to know since the energy cost is going up this days.

Thank you for your kind comments or thinking,

Sincerely

261 - 280 of 504 Posts