AVS Forum banner

281 - 300 of 504 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Can anyone comment on the D/A Converter capabilities on this model? debating if this is enough for a HTPC. music and movies are primarily stored on the PC or HDD's.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi all,

I have an SC-65 with Emotiva UPA-7 amp. All my speakers are Mythos. My set up is 9.2.

I am connecting 5 speakers to the SC-65 (F/LR, Center, S/LR) and the other 4 to the amp (B/LR and SideSR/LR).

The front Height or Wide connections on the SC-65 are not in use.

Before getting another pair of speakers, can I connect 2 more using the receiver F/HW connections?

Thanks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi ,anyone know if an older Pioneer Elite ( VSX 92 txh ) remote will work with the SC 65 . Im thinking probably or even my Harmony maybe ?

Im asking because I can get an open box with no remote or microphone for 700.00. Complete warranty etc...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hope people are still looking here. I have had my reciever for about 9 months now. I switched to a projector and I don't get a signal to the PJ. The cord works directly to the device but not through the AVR. I am using a Monoprice Redmere cable. Not sure what the problem is. Could it be the Qdeo? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadayo  /t/1448081/official-pioneer-elite-sc-65-sc-1527-k-owners-thread/270#post_23915985

Hope people are still looking here. I have had my reciever for about 9 months now. I switched to a projector and I don't get a signal to the PJ. The cord works directly to the device but not through the AVR. I am using a Monoprice Redmere cable. Not sure what the problem is. Could it be the Qdeo? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have an SC-1522K and all of my HDMI sources routed into the receiver and then out to a JVC RS46 projector and it works fine.

I also have the second HDMI out sending to a small TV/monitor and standby passthrough is enabled as well. I get my TiVo's HDMI output on the TV and projector without issue regardless of whether the receiver is powered on or in standby.

Give a little more information about your current and previous connections and what gear you have and maybe we can help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi,

Has anyone experienced any issues connecting their SC-65 to an HTPC via HDMI? I've set up an HTPC and I connected the receiver to an HDCP-capable video card. My PC can see the receiver as I have the SC-65 listed as a second monitor now and it appears as an HDMI connected option in my HD Digital Out sound properties. I even set the PC default audio to the SC-65. I have connected it to the HDMI #4 input on the receiver.

No matter what I try, I cannot get the receiver to see my HTPC. There is a blue HDMI indicator light on the front of the receiver that lights up when the HDMI connection is successfully made. I never get this after selecting that input. I have tried powering both devices down and starting the PC first and then the receiver and vice versa- I get nothing. No connection, no video/audio.

I was reading on HDMI.org and I know there are handshake issues connecting to an A/V Receiver. Apparently, this is because an HTPC might not consistently stay in "repeater" mode after the input is switched and then the connection will be lost. However, I feel like this implies that at least one successful connection would have to have been made in order to have this problem.

The manual addresses connecting with an HTPC via DLNA options only- not too much in the way of HDMI connections.

At a loss here. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

HTPC Specs

Windows 7 64 bit

Intel i7 Mobo

EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti FPB 1024 MB Graphics Card

SC-65 Setup

Connected to Panasonic Plasma via HDMI out (ARC)

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I just stream stream stuff from the pc via the BDP or smart TV. Samsug, LG and other offer these options which may workout better.

·
Registered
213 Posts
From what I understand if I'm running 7 speakers on the receiver I'm not going to get a full 130 watts of power to each channel. I have heard the more speakers I add, the output power decreases to each speaker.

My question is; if I add a external amp to run 3 of the 7 speakers will the receiver automatically realize this and feed more power to the other channels that are being driven by the receiver?

·
Registered
141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacomus  /t/1448081/official-pioneer-elite-sc-65-sc-1527-k-owners-thread/270#post_23953843

Hi,

Has anyone experienced any issues connecting their SC-65 to an HTPC via HDMI? I've set up an HTPC and I connected the receiver to an HDCP-capable video card. My PC can see the receiver as I have the SC-65 listed as a second monitor now and it appears as an HDMI connected option in my HD Digital Out sound properties. I even set the PC default audio to the SC-65. I have connected it to the HDMI #4 input on the receiver.

No matter what I try, I cannot get the receiver to see my HTPC. There is a blue HDMI indicator light on the front of the receiver that lights up when the HDMI connection is successfully made. I never get this after selecting that input. I have tried powering both devices down and starting the PC first and then the receiver and vice versa- I get nothing. No connection, no video/audio.

I was reading on HDMI.org and I know there are handshake issues connecting to an A/V Receiver. Apparently, this is because an HTPC might not consistently stay in "repeater" mode after the input is switched and then the connection will be lost. However, I feel like this implies that at least one successful connection would have to have been made in order to have this problem.

The manual addresses connecting with an HTPC via DLNA options only- not too much in the way of HDMI connections.

Thanks

HTPC Specs

Windows 7 64 bit

Intel i7 Mobo

SC-65 Setup

Try connecting a second monitor to your HTPC while it is still connected to the receiver. The receiver should be powered on and set to the input for your HTPC. Right click on your desktop and select Screen Resolution. Select the monitor that shows up as the SC-65. Make sure it is attached. Make sure it is set to a compatible resolution for your television (1920x1080 or 1280x720). From the Multiple Displays drop down select Extend these displays. Then select Apply. If it still doesn't work click the Advanced settings link and then click the List All Modes button. Verify that the currently selected resolution has a refresh rate of either 30 or 60 Hertz. If it is working go back and set the SC-65 as your primary monitor. If it doesn't work after all that, I have no idea.

·
Registered
141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadayo  /t/1448081/official-pioneer-elite-sc-65-sc-1527-k-owners-thread/270#post_23915985

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacomus  /t/1448081/official-pioneer-elite-sc-65-sc-1527-k-owners-thread/270#post_23953843

Hi,

Thanks

HTPC Specs

Windows 7 64 bit

Intel i7 Mobo

SC-65 Setup

I'm using the 50' Monoprice RedMere cable to connect to my Panasonic AE4000U projector, and I have no issues. Did you make sure to run the RedMere cable in the right direction?

·
Registered
20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmo  /t/1448081/official-pioneer-elite-sc-65-sc-1527-k-owners-thread/270#post_23975136

Try connecting a second monitor to your HTPC while it is still connected to the receiver. The receiver should be powered on and set to the input for your HTPC. Right click on your desktop and select Screen Resolution. Select the monitor that shows up as the SC-65. Make sure it is attached. Make sure it is set to a compatible resolution for your television (1920x1080 or 1280x720). From the Multiple Displays drop down select Extend these displays. Then select Apply. If it still doesn't work click the Advanced settings link and then click the List All Modes button. Verify that the currently selected resolution has a refresh rate of either 30 or 60 Hertz. If it is working go back and set the SC-65 as your primary monitor. If it doesn't work after all that, I have no idea.

Ok, I will try that. Thanks. I got it to work connecting my Panasonic TV to the HTPC but I can't accept that. It outputs my quality surround audio signal to stereo and I don't benefit from the Pioneer video processing.

I'll try it out!

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm having an issue playing Blu-Rays.

My BDP-BX2 supposedly can output TrueHD soundtracks, and the SC-65 can too.

When playing a TrueHD Blu-Ray my receiver only shows PCM, not TrueHD.

Is this a handshake problem?

Pretty sure my Blue-Ray player is setup correctly.

·
Registered
9,251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Electric Wiz  /t/1448081/official-pioneer-elite-sc-65-sc-1527-k-owners-thread/270#post_23985357

I'm having an issue playing Blu-Rays.

My BDP-BX2 supposedly can output TrueHD soundtracks, and the SC-65 can too.

When playing a TrueHD Blu-Ray my receiver only shows PCM, not TrueHD.

Is this a handshake problem?

Pretty sure my Blue-Ray player is setup correctly.

Hi Mr. Electric Wiz, set the Blu-ray player HDMI Audio to "Auto" and BD Audio to "Direct".

·
Registered
537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin  /t/1448081/official-pioneer-elite-sc-65-sc-1527-k-owners-thread/270#post_23985402

Hi Mr. Electric Wiz, set the Blu-ray player HDMI Audio to "Auto" and BD Audio to "Direct".

This is how my Blu Ray is setup currently.

When watching TrueHD soundtracks, is the screen on the SC-65 supposed to show TrueHD?

I would assume it would if the signal is passed through to the receiver.

·
Registered
300 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Electric Wiz  /t/1448081/official-pioneer-elite-sc-65-sc-1527-k-owners-thread/270#post_23998762

When watching TrueHD soundtracks, is the screen on the SC-65 supposed to show TrueHD?

Yes. If the player is pushing TrueHD, then the SC-65 should show it on the screen.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey guys, Just got rid of my Onkyo nr1007 and got me a sc65! so far a very happy guy. I also have a BDP 51fd for blu rays that Ive had for awhile. Besides being slow its a great player, but now im curious if I can control the bluray player with the sc65's remote or the Icontrol app on the android fone.

Have been reading around but havent sen anything that caught my eye.

Thanks

·
Registered
503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Electric Wiz  /t/1448081/official-pioneer-elite-sc-65-sc-1527-k-owners-thread/270#post_23998762

If you set your player to output audio as Uncompressed/PCM, it will perform the audio decoding of all Dolby/Dolby TrueHD and DTS/DTS-HD Master Audio - related soundtracks internally and send the decoded audio signal in uncompressed form to your home theater receiver. As a result, your home theater receiver will not have to perform any additional audio decoding before the audio is sent through the amplifier section and the speakers. With this option, the home theater receiver will display the term "PCM" or "Multi In" on its front panel display.

If you select Compressed/Bitstream, the player will bypass its own internal Dolby and DTS audio decoders and send the undecoded signal to your HDMI-connected home theater receiver. With this setting, the home theater receiver will do all the audio decoding of the incoming signal. As a result, in this case, the receiver will display Dolby, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD Master Audio, etc... on its front panel display depending on which type of bitstream signal is being decoded.

You have the choice as to which setting to use, and as mentioned above, either setting should yield the same audio quality.

·
Registered
641 Posts

I picked up an open box SC-65 today and got to work configuring my remote, and re-configuring my system setting up this receiver.

I've tried everything I can think of, so I'm hoping someone here can help.

I have two issues going on:

1, unable to get Opt-1 or Opt-2 audio to work from my Tivo. I used the optical out from my Tivo on my last rcvr, so I know it is set correctly there. I do get the video on the input selected, just not getting the audio.

2, unable to connect to the internet. I do have a valid IP address from my router, and I am able to ping from my computer, as well as see my computer music files from the rcvr.

I did do the USB update of the firmware, but still cannot get to the network. I've not tried the Opt input since then, but I doubt that would do much.

I did see another post about a member powering down/unplugging the unit and then having network success upon power-up.

I also saw a post about the sub not being recognized. I too plugged mine into zone 2 initially. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to run the setup again.

Thanks in advance. 

·
Registered
9,723 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muphasta  /t/1448081/official-pioneer-elite-sc-65-sc-1527-k-owners-thread/200_100#post_24162326

I have two issues going on:

1, unable to get Opt-1 or Opt-2 audio to work from my Tivo. I used the optical out from my Tivo on my last rcvr, so I know it is set correctly there. I do get the video on the input selected, just not getting the audio.

I'll address one of your questions....

1. in the receiver's input setup menu, make sure the Opt connection you are "plugged" into is the same as the input you are using for the Tivo's video input.

2. if the Tivo's connected by component video, that should work but you may need to use the SIG SEL (signal select) button on the remote to manually override the receiver using HDMI as its first choice for audio. by default, the Audio Signal source is set to Auto and the priority is HDMI >> Digital >> Analog. so if the Tivo is plugged into an input that is also assigned to one of the HDMI inputs, the receiver may be looking for HDMI as the audio source.

3. if the Tivo's connected by HDMI, then you may have to use the SIG SEL (Signal Select) button on the remote to manually choose digital opt audio over HDMI. (although using HDMI, I'm not sure why using optical
but I thought I'd cover this in case.

4. note: if you are using component video and also using one of the inputs that is assigned to an HDMI port, you can go into the input setup menu and unassign the HDMI port for that input. that way having the audio SIG SEL set to Auto would go to opt/dig as it 1st choice by default.

the 1st item to address is to make sure the physical opt connection number matches what is assigned in the receiver. and if its also assigned to an HDMI numbered connection, the optical assignment may be greyed out and not available, so un-assigning the HDMI number may be needed and then opt assignments can then be done.

I tried to cover all the possibilities since we don't know your setup nor what you did in the menu. just follow a logical path for matching input assignments and selecting the audio source and it will work

281 - 300 of 504 Posts