AVS Forum banner

321 - 340 of 504 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoetmb  /t/1448081/official-pioneer-elite-sc-65-sc-1527-k-owners-thread/300#post_24247670

Yes, but you're comparing apples and oranges. The SRS restores dynamic range, but it cannot restore what is lost by the low bit rate. Having said that, Pandora sounds pretty good to me no matter where I play it. In my setup, I don't play Pandora from the Pioneer - I play it from my Blu-ray player (OPPO). Much better UI. And it's probably not going through SRS when I do that, but it sounds fine to me (and I'm an ex-recording engineer.)

As long as it sounds good that's what matters.

·
Registered
50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16484067  /t/1448081/official-pioneer-elite-sc-65-sc-1527-k-owners-thread/300#post_24247703

Is the 1527-k capable to bi amp the center speaker ? My q600 seems to have Bi amp , but I can't find the center bi amp in the manual

On page 20 and 22 it explains how to bi amp but you can only bi amp the front left and right speakers

·
Registered
641 Posts

Now I have another issue, I think I'll need to return this, unless someone can figure it out.

So, I turn the unit off, and the next time I turn attempt to turn it on w/the (Harmony) remote, nothing happens. I press the power button on the front of the unit, and it comes on, but no output. Nothing happens when I try to change the input w/the remote, nothing happens if I try anything w/the remote.

Is there a fix other than returning it? (I have 45 days from purchase date to return)

Any advice?

·
Registered
11 Posts

Have you accidently switched to Zone 2 , or Speakers 2, i would try the tuneing wizzord , and test tones befor returning the Unit 

·
Registered
641 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16484067  /t/1448081/official-pioneer-elite-sc-65-sc-1527-k-owners-thread/300#post_24285706

Have you accidently switched to Zone 2 , or Speakers 2, i would try the tuneing wizzord , and test tones befor returning the Unit 
Only thing I did was turn it off. When I go to turn it on, powers on, but no output. I reach back, unplug the power, plug it in, powers on just fine and everything works.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Yes but , Look at the display panel of the Unit and check for "Speaker 2" "zone 2" ... sometimes the harmony universal remote does odd things like when you press a button it gives off two signols , you can update the remote on the website... but check the frount to see if evrything looks correct. 

·
Registered
8 Posts

Have enjoyed my sc1527K for six months now but need help.

Ran MACC for only the first time the other day and was not getting any subwoofer volume after the program ran. So, I chose a memory setting that had all 0's in an attempt to get back to default sound. Worked for a few days and now, I get no subwoofer sound. When I touch the plugs i do hear the loud thump but no base...I hope I am at fault here and not the system. Any thoughts or suggestions? Can I reset to factory settings if I screwed something up?

Also, at about the same time, my remote does not let me get to home page. I can choose sat / dvd etc but I cannot get to the home page. I lower the front panel to try to adjust settings as my "arrows' on the remote do not work either...can I reset the remote? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
For the sub woofer , change the speaker setting front speaker to small, this will activate the LFE Channel

And for the other problem hit the raciever button on your remote to select menue and other settings controles

·
Registered
641 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16484067  /t/1448081/official-pioneer-elite-sc-65-sc-1527-k-owners-thread/300#post_24285762

Yes but , Look at the display panel of the Unit and check for "Speaker 2" "zone 2" ... sometimes the harmony universal remote does odd things like when you press a button it gives off two signols , you can update the remote on the website... but check the frount to see if evrything looks correct. 

SoI spent some time retracing my steps with the receiver. I remembered that I set the network standby to "on" so I could stream iTunes. I went and turned it off and now everything works again. I'll just have to turn it on when I want o stream I guess.

·
Registered
17 Posts
We'll just joined the forum!! I recently ordered a SC-65 and should have it Tuesday!! I currently have a Denon 2112ci with Polk RTI10 fronts and hope the SC will make these things sing!!

Using a PSW505 sub and RM satellites for the rear on a 5.1 setup!

I'm thinking if passive blaming the RTi10's 5.1 + zone 2!

Anyone have a similar setup? And or settings preferred? Thanks in advance:D

·
Registered
941 Posts
SOUND PROBLEM ?? Got no sound from (Cable Reciever) throught SC-65 in HDMI 2(Sat/Cab) It is conected with HDMI

Tried the Cable Box connected directly to TV with HDMI and it Works,.. both Pic & Sound.

Tried Cable box on the Sc65 (BD HDMI input) which works fine with BP,.... still no sound ??

Any ideas ??

Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyc1  /t/1448081/official-pioneer-elite-sc-65-sc-1527-k-owners-thread/330#post_24336032

SOUND PROBLEM ?? Got no sound from (Cable Reciever) throught SC-65 in HDMI 2(Sat/Cab) It is conected with HDMI

Tried the Cable Box connected directly to TV with HDMI and it Works,.. both Pic & Sound.

Tried Cable box on the Sc65 (BD HDMI input) which works fine with BP,.... still no sound ??

Any ideas ??

Thanks
I am not familiar with SC-65, but assuming it is similar to SC-1323-K..

Press receiver, press audio parameters,  in HDMI see if THROUGH is selected. If it is, change it to AMP.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Yes itried that allready it is on Amp ??

Even trien it on another HDMI Input that i know has sound through HDMI , got picture but NO Sound ??

·
Registered
941 Posts
Went to bed frustrated last night , got up this morning to give it another try and ,.....
Everything was Working through HDMI ????

·
Registered
11 Posts
Receiver stopped making sound from HDMI Blu-ray player, when it used to work.

I have a Pioneer SC-65 receiver connected to a Pioneer BD-140 Blu-ray player via HDMI. It has worked correctly for at least a year. Yesterday, I tried to play a disk, and there was no sound at all.

All other sound inputs for the receiver work fine, including an HDMI DVD. I connected the player directly to a HDMI TV and the player worked fine, so I know it is the receiver. I do not know if the settings were "tampered" with. I have tried walking through the settings in the setup-menu and the buttons on the remote.

I have not yet tried the "factory reset" procedure on page 76 of the manual, because I don't want to re-calibrate and reenter all my settings, but of course I'll try that if required.

I would appreciate any help.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I had something similar with my SC-1522K and my TiVo box. It's working fine for months.. then one day no sound. I tried unplugging everything, HDMI and power cables, I tried other inputs, other sources on the same input... I had it to the point I thought it was the actual HDMI port on the receiver. At some point in all my fiddling I edited the input on the receiver and assigned a new hdmi port and then put it back, which should have done nothing... and everything started working. At that point I was desperate and trying all sorts of things at once, so I can't say for sure what I did, but that's the thing that sticks in my head as being different on that troubleshooting pass.

So... bottom line... I have no idea what really ended up being the problem or what fixed it, unless just updating the HDMI assignment on the input made a difference. But it hasn't reappeared and it's been a few weeks.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hello all! I'm a new sc-65 owner and this is my first Pioneer. I've been a die hard yamaha fan, but couldn't pass up the best buy clearance price of this elite. I'm having a bit of difficultly with the setup. Specifically, I'm unable to view the on screen GUI when I press the home menu. All I get is a blue input screen from the projector. I suspect it's related to the GUI output resolution. Is there a way to change that? I'm able to view actual 1080p source material just fine, so it's not a physical connection issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Disregard.... I found out that I could use the iphone app to change the GUI resolution. I'm good to go!

321 - 340 of 504 Posts