AVS Forum banner
2,041 - 2,060 of 2,089 Posts
Have you gone into the Input Setup Menu and for each input set the 12V trigger to Main? If not you’ll need to do it for each input you have a device on. If not you could be on an input when the 92 starts up that is not set to “Main” and it won't trigger the amp.
Sorry, maybe I'm not understanding. I followed the manual and went to 7. Input setup. I then activated 12v trigger 1 to Main. Trigger 2 off. What else should I be doing?

Sorry, maybe I'm not understanding. I followed the manual and went to 7. Input setup. I then activated 12v trigger 1 to Main. Trigger 2 off. What else should I be doing?
If I remember correctly you have to set the 12v trigger in each input that you want it to trigger. For instance the HDMI 1 input has to have the 12v trigger set to main and the HDMI 2 input has to have the 12v trigger set to main. etc... They do it that was so you can only have it trigger devices based on the input.

In the manual check chapter 10 Other Settings

Attachments

Hi Stu, man it has been a loooong time. I moved onto an Anthem MRX 300 in 2009(I think) and last year moved to the Anthem MRX 720. I still jump in here when I see question on the 92TXH. I’d have to agree with previous poster that $250 is a good price for the 92TXH. It’s still a great receiver so don’t let it got free.
Yes it has been too long. I think that 250.00 will be the asking price. I just upgraded to 4K and got a 75" Sony, a Marantz SR6011 and a Oppo UDP-203. Having a HDMI handshake thing going on I think. Seems Sony's HDMI Enhanced Mode is messing with my Marantz..

Hopefully there is a simple answer, but I havent been able to find a definitive one.

Does the 92TXH (or all receivers for that matter) add HDCP regardless of source on the HDMI output? I want to use the 92 to do the heavy lifting in digitizing VHS connected via composite/S-Video and want to plug in something like the elgato HD60 HDMI recorder on the output side. My assumption is that there wouldnt be any HDCP to navigate since the source is analog, but I've seen people state they had to strip it with a splitter.

So I put this unit back into use. Couple questions...

1) When playing a BluRay the unit is reading TRUEHD on the display. When this is the case all voices come from the rear left speaker (7.1). Any fixes? If you need more background info let me know. Using HDMI for all connections. All other formats (so far) play correctly.

2) Is there an "all channels stereo" function? I thought remembering it did have one but cannot find it. My main receiver (Onkyo) has it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quick question, finally upgrading my 92.. now to what? I was looking at SC-502LX and was wondering your thoughts? I know it has "less" power but I'm guessing after 10 years it should sound better, right? I don't have an atmos set up and have no near future plans to upgrade to it. I noticed that with the 502 you can't add amps to it which could be a concern if it won't be as powerful as my 92. The other receiver I'm looking at is the Denon x3400H. I only have one sub as well.

What have you guys upgraded to from this? Room is roughly 24x15. Thanks!

Quick question, finally upgrading my 92.. now to what? I was looking at SC-502LX and was wondering your thoughts? I know it has "less" power but I'm guessing after 10 years it should sound better, right? I don't have an atmos set up and have no near future plans to upgrade to it. I noticed that with the 502 you can't add amps to it which could be a concern if it won't be as powerful as my 92. The other receiver I'm looking at is the Denon x3400H. I only have one sub as well.

What have you guys upgraded to from this? Room is roughly 24x15. Thanks!
I upgraded back in 2009 or 2010 and with an Anthem MRX300 for about 6 years. Then in 2016 I replaced it with an Anthem MRX720. Anthem's room correction is called ARC and after having it in the MRX300 and MRX720 I'd never go back to a unit with MCACC or Audessy. ARC is incredible, but Anthem's are very expensive and also worth it too me.

Hi all,

I know this is an ancient receiver, but I've been running an RX-V995 for over a decade now (always ran video direct to the TV and coax to the receiver for audio) but stumbled into a deal on one of these I couldn't pass up.

Only one hitch-it doesn't have the cal microphone. Anyone happen to still have theirs lying around? I'm unconvinced that the ebay straight from china ones are any good.

Thanks,
Nathan

Hi all,

I know this is an ancient receiver, but I've been running an RX-V995 for over a decade now (always ran video direct to the TV and coax to the receiver for audio) but stumbled into a deal on one of these I couldn't pass up.

Only one hitch-it doesn't have the cal microphone. Anyone happen to still have theirs lying around? I'm unconvinced that the ebay straight from china ones are any good.

Thanks,
Nathan
Hi Nathan this place has the original APM7008 mic for about $63 https://www.donberg.ie/catalogue/audio_spares/pioneer_audio_spares/piac_208.html

I've also been told you can contact pioneer directly and they have it for about $40.

Possible faults

Hello, just throwing this out there for someone who may have experience with the Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH AVR,
I was breaking in some new Polk speakers (RTi A7), not abusing , not even within 5 dB to the max of 12 (preset by Pioneer)
2 channel playback everything was good , Polks surprised me since Im a past Klipsch aholic. Anyways AVR turned off ,I reset, decreased the volume immediately , and it worked fine until it happened again, then on retry a what looked like a small green flash from behind the front panel and since , no workie!!

I will be investigating tomorrow and remove the cover and I assume it is a type of fuse that blown, or ? , any suggestions what to look for when under the hood.

Running settings when issue would arrise, Direct in , not Pure Direct, MCACC turned off , I run my 2 channel through AudioControl C101, (never no issues )
So I am thinking it clipped once too many times (only 3 times restarted) blew something , hopefully something affordable vs replacement, (just purchased this month ago with no issues till now, I know the Polks are a little less efficient wise then the Klipsch, but, shouldnt of been a factor.
Polks are Bi amped correctly

Thanks for any input folks!!

Hi eng-399,

I see that awhile back you had firmware for the VSX-92TXH ? Can you tell me what the enhancements were with the newer firmware and how you were able to update it? I'm assuming rs232 to a computer?

Possible to get the firmware off you yet?

Thanks much,

Adam
Hi I'm not eng-399 but I might be able to help. The firmware is updated via a .wav file by burning the file to a CD and playing it back through the CD player connected to the receiver. If you send me your email I'll send you the file and instructions.

BTW it fixes a loud pop in the speakers during certain DTS movies. It's so loud people called it the DTS Bomb.

Legairre

Not getting sound from rear channels from BD or DVD

Noticed I'm not getting any sound from the rear channels - Bluray player (BDP-51FD) is connected via HDMI - receiver shows the all the speakers in the display - went to the MCACC menu and manually scrolled through the setup and that DOES produce sound from all the speakers. What should I be l checking? Put in an old DVD of Independence day where I knew some scene's had distinct rear channel sounds...nothing. The fact that MCACC can test tone the rear speakers would indicate that the wiring is good, tried manually picking Dolby digital, still nothing.

Also what is in the firmware update I saw referenced earlier? I found a link to the firmware contents...

Thanks for any advice.

Any chance you could send me the firmware too?

I am still on original firmware and now I noticed the troubles with TrueHD Atmos coded discs. Pioneer VSX-92TXH.

Would deeply appreciate it.
I just hang up the phone with Pioneer technical support. They denied that there was an update to the original firmware for the VSX-92TXH. They never understood the problem of the Atmos encoded disks not playing back in simple TrueHD with the 92TXH.

So I am begging again, can someone please pm me the firmware update? I don't want to get rid of this receive, it is very nice and served so well...

Thanks in advance

2,041 - 2,060 of 2,089 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.