AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2078 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Anyone know of a way to switch speakers (AtoB) with the remote? So far all I can figure is that it has to be done from the front panel...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have mine(bdp-s1) hooked up to 92 and have no problem as well as my Toshiba A20.

I'm using SONY KDL-XBR2 52 here.

I used to have Samsung 42" plasma hooked to Elite 72 Model and had a lot HDMI Issues, and it turned out it was TV issue.

·
Registered
42 Posts
has anyone tried to get dolby true hd audio thru the 92 yet, i tried hooking up a new panasonic bluray player thru hdmi and selected the bitstream digital output and i just got dolby digital ex. i was going to try the toshiba a35 hddvd player but i was wondering if anyone else tried it. any first hand experience would be great.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Unless the new panasonic bluray is able to pass true hd through bitstream then it won't show up on the 92. Currently there are not players that will pass truehd or the master copy via bitstream. They will decode it internally and pass it via pcm.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by palapagnon /forum/post/11710494

Is FotoConnection an authorized dealer. Is it OK to buy from them. They seem to have good prices there.

Thanks.

They are not an authorized dealer. These are their only authorized dealers online:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...297187,00.html

Your best bet is to try and get one from a Magnolia. You can usually negotiate with them, or they may have their 12% off coupons still.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Kind of a different question...do these receivers have the issue the latter receiver line had of the "PCM LFE" bug? I tried to do some searching but really couldn't come up with what the issues were. I'm unsure if my 92 has those issues, but it seems when I'm watching TV the LFE is noticeable. When I put in a movie like Crank with a 7.1 soundtrack I don't notice it as much and I started to think if it was related to this. Am I worrying about nothing? And can someone tell me what this "bug" was? For some reason I'm search-tarded.

·
Registered
42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by azblackace /forum/post/11708427

Unless the new panasonic bluray is able to pass true hd through bitstream then it won't show up on the 92. Currently there are not players that will pass truehd or the master copy via bitstream. They will decode it internally and pass it via pcm.

well it was a newer unit, it can output bitstream audio without any internal encoding, thats why i was wondering if there was anything i was doing wrong. the player was set to bitstream out, connected thru hdmi and the receiver was set to standard surround decode but it still showed up dolby ex instead of dolby true hd

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAC-CA-HT /forum/post/11711587

Kind of a different question...do these receivers have the issue the latter receiver line had of the "PCM LFE" bug? I tried to do some searching but really couldn't come up with what the issues were. I'm unsure if my 92 has those issues, but it seems when I'm watching TV the LFE is noticeable. When I put in a movie like Crank with a 7.1 soundtrack I don't notice it as much and I started to think if it was related to this. Am I worrying about nothing? And can someone tell me what this "bug" was? For some reason I'm search-tarded.

The new Elite series does not have the LFE bug, nor the HDMI problems with conversion. The are firmware solid, as of now.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel22b /forum/post/11677526

...and when you turn the volume up and down it is instantly displayed on screen???

You will need the SR+ cable to get it to view the Volume on the TV Screen, UNLESS you have the new Kuro Pio displays, then you can use the HDMI control.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumavguy /forum/post/11718634

im curious on to what sound level you guys normally keep your 92 at?

for me, it's about -30...Though this all depends on what the station is pushing for a volume. I still find myself changing volume a lot, depending on the station.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeInNVa /forum/post/11720149

for me, it's about -30...Though this all depends on what the station is pushing for a volume. I still find myself changing volume a lot, depending on the station.

So, -30 on the 92... what is showing on the display via SR+ when the 92 is set to -30?

·
Registered
2,168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMan007 /forum/post/11721985

So, -30 on the 92... what is showing on the display via SR+ when the 92 is set to -30?

I think that is about 30 to 35...I could be wrong though...

·
Registered
2,168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMan007 /forum/post/11721985

I checked last night and -30 on the receiver is 33 on the TV via SR+

·
Registered
1,630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeInNVa /forum/post/11730948

I checked last night and -30 on the receiver is 33 on the TV via SR+

Thanks...

Since the range of the AVR is -80 to +12 (92) and the display is 0 - 60, then it's about a 1.5 to 1 ratio. I'm guessing that one click-up on [AVR] volume, might not show up as an increase on the display volume?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Since I dont have an Elite receiver could someone explain to me what SR+ is and how it is setup. I am hoping this will work with my setup and volume display would make me a happy man.

PS. I think the first post in the thread should have this pic on it:

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ok I have a question on how I should set up another set of speakers. Right now I have the 92 with a 5.1 system, but I also have in wall speakers around the house. All of the speakers are connected to a switch and the switch has the bare wire connections. Right now I have the in-walls set as Speaker B but I want to be able to adjust the volume on them independently from the 5.1. I usually have the 5.1 and the in walls playing at the same time but the volume on the in walls are still to low. I know I could add an amp but I have my old onkyo receiver and I tried connecting the in wall speakers to the onkyo and the 92 pre-amp outputs to one of the inputs on the onkyo so I could have an independent volume control but the thing is Im not getting any sound. Is there another output I should use on the 92, like multi-zone? but I dont really want to play different sources just the same one.

21 - 40 of 2078 Posts