AVS Forum banner

81 - 100 of 2078 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
How do i know if the MCACC has not taken all the bass away? I am noob in this regard, so excuse my ignorance..

As for MCACC, I am not totally happy with it, and I had it disabled and used PCM Direct so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel22b /forum/post/11793546

One problem is that when set to small the EQ doesnt even show the 65hz range anymore. The next available setting is 125hz. The mains dont get much bass anymore in this setting. I like as much sound coming from my mains as possible so I set mine to Large. I double checked with my manufacturer and they concurred that they should be a Large

If you dont have a sub then just set the speakers to large. Also go and have a look at your EQ to make sure the MCACC hasn't taken all the bass away.

I know many of the experts say that if you have a sub just set the mains to small but in my smaller room it makes the sub way too noticeable. I am experimenting with setting my fronts to large then lowering the bass at the 65 hz point for the fronts and center since most is done by the sub. I find this blends the speakers better with the sub.

Each room is totally different and mine is a nightmare to setup.

If you are serious about setting things up, spend some cash on a sound meter and a setup DVD like Avia. That being said if you use MCACC and it sounds good, thats all that matters.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Press Setup

Go into Manual MCACC

EQ Adjust

Start

Bass is on the left side of the EQ

I would suggest starting with MCACC since it will help you with speaker distances and levels.

Also once you have run MCACC you can look through Setup to check all your levels.

PS. Here's mine:

·
Registered
5,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel22b /forum/post/11795437

Press Setup

Go into Manual MCACC

EQ Adjust

Start

I would suggest starting with MCACC since it will help you with speaker distances and levels.

Also once you have run MCACC you can look through Setup to check all your levels.

PS. Here's mine:

SIR! What we'd all like to see here is the Elite with its lights on. Thank you.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Left side of the EQ? So, do I increase the bar? It's currently at -3 db on mine. thanks for your help on this.

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel22b /forum/post/11795437

Press Setup

Go into Manual MCACC

EQ Adjust

Start

PS. Here's mine:

·
Registered
165 Posts
I would move around the 65hz and the 125hz to get more bass. If your 65 is at -3 then move it up a couple points until you get the bass you like. The 125 is a bit higher end bass but still good to enhance a bit.

as you wish:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Cool. Thanks.

I will give it a try. BTW. You got the exactly same looking compartment for the receiver and PS3.. :)

I bought it from iKea :)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
mel22b, thanks for the pics. She sure is purdy
. I'm waiting on my 94 to arrive. Can't wait to see TrueHD and DTS MSTR light up

Nice apt. setup also!

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Thanks for the pics. There is no Pioneer dealer anywhere near my place for me to try it out. Are the knobs plastic or metal? I saw the 9120x (91TXH) at Best Buy and the knobs are plastic.

Oh, and it's probably been covered already but I'm too tired to go through all the posts.

Can the 92 or 94 apply THX Cinema processing on PCM for Blu-ray out of the PS3?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I think the knobs are plastic.

Yes the 92 & 94 will apply post processing (THX Cinema included) to PCM from the PS3.

I confirmed this before I ordered my 94.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Is everyone happy with the video side of the reciever so far? This has jumped to the top of my list and I want to be sure i will be happy when sending signals to my 1080p projector. Seems every reciever I looked at has some type of video complaint (artifacts / sync issues, etc).

·
Registered
337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilent1 /forum/post/11797119

mel22b, thanks for the pics. She sure is purdy
. I'm waiting on my 94 to arrive. Can't wait to see TrueHD and DTS MSTR light up

Nice apt. setup also!

Thank goodness I am not the only one still waiting one to come in. It needs to get here already. Love the big daddy pic.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
BaronVH, don't know if you're waiting on the 92 or 94. But I just saw this post in the 94 thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbusby /forum/post/0

FYI on the 94

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received the following from Pioneer regarding my order for this receiver. Not sure what it is all about.

"Hello,

This receiver is on hold right now due to an upgrade that Japan has asked us to make them. We hope it only takes about a week or so for this upgrade.

Thanks for your patience,

Direct Sales

Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.

866.214.1310"

Trying to find out some more info.

·
Registered
451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsprance /forum/post/11800284

Is everyone happy with the video side of the reciever so far? This has jumped to the top of my list and I want to be sure i will be happy when sending signals to my 1080p projector. Seems every reciever I looked at has some type of video complaint (artifacts / sync issues, etc).

if you are feeding from HD 1080p source to 1080p output, then you should have no issue. I don't think 92 does a spectacular job in upscaling, but pass through works without any issue. Not that I can tell at least. I have PS3 and Toshiba A2 for my HD sources and they are all fantastic to me. I don't watch the SD-DVDs any more, so upscaling was not my concern when I bought this unit.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Gonna be lazy...

Yes thats the Ikea special works great for my pad

I am pretty sure the dials are plastic but, to me anyway, they dont feel cheap like the dials on the Denons.

I haven not used any of the video features. Since I dont run any 480i sources I dont feel the need.

Thanks for the 'props' on the apartment. My girlfriend and I used google sketchup to plan it out.

·
Registered
451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel22b /forum/post/11801641

Gonna be lazy...

Yes thats the Ikea special works great for my pad

I am pretty sure the dials are plastic but, to me anyway, they dont feel cheap like the dials on the Denons.

I haven not used any of the video features. Since I dont run any 480i sources I dont feel the need.

Thanks for the 'props' on the apartment. My girlfriend and I used google sketchup to plan it out.

Hey. how low did you configure the trim? in EQ adjust?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I didnt touch the trim. I think it was around 0 if i remember correctly.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I was told by Pioneer today that there are no issues with the 92 or the firmware that is causing the delay, only that it is backordered which should be remedied in a week or two. This is fine by me as since it is replacing my 82 (at no extra charge) and I am not using HDMI for my sound (yet) that is OK. I will not be getting a Blu-ray until around Christmas or later (and possibly that HD-DVD until later than that), so I can wait. I am very eager to get the thing in; however.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have not been able to play with my 92 very much since getting it but got a chance to watch the Blu-ray movie 300 last night utilizing the Dolby True HD sound. Wow! What a difference between that and regular DD. I switched back and forth while watching the same section of the movie. There really is quite a difference. The sound is much richer and more dynamic to me than DD.

I've previously read where some people indicated that they could not tell the difference in sound quality. No offense but I can only conclude that they must not have it set up right. I can see how easy it would be to not have all the right buttons pushed with the present configuration of the players to get HD sound. I have a PS3 and of course it just shows on the 92 that the sound is PCM. When the next round of players that will pass the bitstream are readily available that let our receivers decode the sound so that the designation will pop up on the receiver it will be a lot easier to know for sure.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
I'm seeing a $850 buy it now price on auctions on Ebay from a seller with 100% feedback. I'm very tempted. Let's say I get it and run into trouble, will Pioneer even look at the Receiver? I doubt this guy is authorized.

·
Registered
165 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigR /forum/post/11810159

I have not been able to play with my 92 very much since getting it but got a chance to watch the Blu-ray movie 300 last night utilizing the Dolby True HD sound. Wow! What a difference between that and regular DD. I switched back and forth while watching the same section of the movie. There really is quite a difference. The sound is much richer and more dynamic to me than DD.

I've previously read where some people indicated that they could not tell the difference in sound quality. No offense but I can only conclude that they must not have it set up right. I can see how easy it would be to not have all the right buttons pushed with the present configuration of the players to get HD sound. I have a PS3 and of course it just shows on the 92 that the sound is PCM. When the next round of players that will pass the bitstream are readily available that let our receivers decode the sound so that the designation will pop up on the receiver it will be a lot easier to know for sure.

Its funny but I think a lot of people that cant tell the sound difference either dont set their receivers properly or dont have good quality speakers. I could be wrong about these people but to me there is much more detail in uncompressed sound.

81 - 100 of 2078 Posts